• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Ricker

So I just purchased the complete season on PS4 and I can't download it. What? =/

When I browse to library, it asks me to start the game instead of downloading it. What to do? Can't find it in the download list as well.

Go to the PSN web store on your PC,find the game there and click choose a version,you will see 2 options saying download to PS4,I chose the first one and it worked...

Go to the PSN web store on your PC,find the game there and click which version,you will see 2 options saying download to PS4,I chose the first one and it worked...
It just gives me an infinite loading when I do so. Tried both versions and had the same issue. =/

Edit: Nvm. Fixed it.

Also just in case people are worried about the more linear design of the first episode. The second one has a more open design village area. I'll say no more though. :)

From what I watched last night the first chapter looks like it's worth £5, the first two raid maps I have seem all seem rather simple and small in space, I hope they get better in the next chapters.

Just finished episode 1. Dat cliffhanger ending : O

I liked Barry & Natalie part a lot more than Claire & Moira part.

I'm having technical problems with Raid Mode though : (
When I select the Raid Mode it never loads if I'm online. It completely freezes and I have to close the game.
But if I'm not online it works fine ! It worked online the first time but after I died and choose to quit instead of revive then the game froze. It's not working online ever since....
I have a digital PS4 version (complete season).

Also where is my Hunk character ? I have Barry, Moira and Claire unlocked. Looks like there are two more characters to unlock with medals. So are those Jill and Hunk ? Do you need to unlock the Hunk ?

Ricker

Graphics arent as bad as I thought,of course its not The Order or anything but they do the job nicely...

''I guess I am on light duty'' lol,this is going to be fun ;)

Dr Dogg

I think most folks will be excited/waiting patient for the next episodes.

Oh for sure but seeing as were on a discussion board and the one few moments when some folks aren't at each other throats there is some genuinely good chatter about. Seeing as the episodic nature is a bit more design than gimmick this time around with a weeks wait until the next episode drops I was wondering if Capcom might play up to that and leave a cliffhanger at the end of each instalment. Saying that a story spoiler thread could be a good idea to accompany the OT.

Edit: Hahaha and just as I mention cliffhanger you brought that up above too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So my initial impressions after about ten mins (have to go back later and read through the thread, just woke up) are holy shit this is pretty awesome.

First thing I noticed... framerate. Thank christ for what feels like (to me) 60fps. I honestly think the game looks pretty good too, for what it is. I'm in the camp that would rather have average textures/effects in favor of locked framerate though. So take that for whatever it's worth.

Next thing I noticed: actual modern controls? Wow. Rev1 default controls felt pretty shitty tbh and they were poorly animated for anything that wasn't walking or running forward. But here they've done some good work on lateral movement and back peddling. Really good animation imo. You get to have the free camera but also the strafe controls. This is something they've taken from TLoU (other games have done it but TLoU is kind of the high water mark currently) and I think it feels really good.

I thought I would hate the teenager, but so far she's funny actually. There's a cool dynamic at play where she's kind of losing her shit and Claire is like... "Whatever, Been here before. Relax kid",

Anyway obviously have to play more. But this is immediately positive impressions as opposed to Rev1 coming in very mixed initially.

Also... they went for a little satire in the opening, which I thought was a good sign for the story, even if it wasn't executed so well.

Excited to play more.

JPS Kai

I'm getting this if only for more raid mode.

Now I just have the moral dilemma of getting the individual episodes or just waiting for the retail release..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm getting this if only for more raid mode.

Now I just have the moral dilemma of getting the individual episodes or just waiting for the retail release..

If in it for Raid Mode, it might be best to wait for Retail, as that includes everything and will be physical, unless you want to get started with Raid Mode only. All the Raid Mode content won't be unlocked until the Retail releases, and that's also when online for Raid Mode will likely go live.

Jawmuncher

So my initial impressions after about ten mins (have to go back later and read through the thread, just woke up) are holy shit this is pretty awesome.

First thing I noticed... framerate. Thank christ for what feels like (to me) 60fps. I honestly think the game looks pretty good too, for what it is. I'm in the camp that would rather have average textures/effects in favor of locked framerate though. So take that for whatever it's worth.

Next thing I noticed: actual modern controls? Wow. Rev1 default controls felt pretty shitty tbh and they were poorly animated for anything that wasn't walking or running forward. But here they've done some good work on lateral movement and back peddling. Really good animation imo. You get to have the free camera but also the strafe controls. This is something they've taken from TLoU (other games have done it but TLoU is kind of the high water mark currently) and I think it feels really good.

I thought I would hate the teenager, but so far she's funny actually. There's a cool dynamic at play where she's kind of losing her shit and Claire is like... "Whatever, Been here before. Relax kid",

Anyway obviously have to play more. But this is immediately positive impressions as opposed to Rev1 coming in very mixed initially.

Also... they went for a little satire in the opening, which I thought was a good sign for the story, even if it wasn't executed so well.

Excited to play more.

Thanks for the impressions.
Sounds like I'll be enjoying to for sure once I get it.

JPS Kai

If in it for Raid Mode, it might be best to wait for Retail, as that includes everything and will be physical, unless you want to get started with Raid Mode only. All the Raid Mode content won't be unlocked until the Retail releases, and that's also when online for Raid Mode will likely go live.

I don't have the time to binge all of the content in a couple sittings, so the slow IV drop of weekly content might even outpace me. Between two jobs and writing two-three reviews a week, I dont have as much time to play the games I want to anymore. :(

Grisby

Dammit, just bought the game of PS4 and it isnt giving me an option to download.
Go to the PSN web store on your PC,find the game there and click choose a version,you will see 2 options saying download to PS4,I chose the first one and it worked...
Hrrmm this isnt working for me.
It just gives me an infinite loading when I do so. Tried both versions and had the same issue. =/

Edit: Nvm. Fixed it.
How'd you fix it?

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Wait, so does this game not have co-operative in the campaign?

Yes, it does. The campaign contains splitscreen co-operative modes, but does not allow for online play. Online play will be exclusive to Raid Mode.

Gosh darn it to heck. I want to play with a friend.

Wish this was online campaign. Wonder if this is successful in they'll patch it in later.

Also someone please tell me splitscreen coop is as shitty as RE5 and 6 with that diagonal screen shenanigans. Twas off how half the screen was not used.

Evolved1

Really surprised too that the ammo seems so limited. I like it. I highly recommend going for the knee/ankle shot and finishing with the knife. RE4 basically. But the enemies move faster and the knife is less clumsy.

Btw... props on putting dodge to O. Way less cumbersome than Rev1. Now it feels way more skill based than luck based.

psychotron

I have a soft spot for RE so I bought the whole season last night. The reviews are making me pretty happy with my decision, especially since some are hinting on better future episodes.

Evolved1

Has anyone tried shareplay?

At first I thought flashlight duty would be so boring, but she actually gets to stun with the light and do ground finishers! That seems like it'd be totally fun to work together in combat,

I want to try it but my internet is down atm... gah.

Has anyone tried shareplay?

At first I thought flashlight duty would be so boring, but she actually gets to stun with the light and do ground finishers! That seems like it'd be totally fun to work together in combat,

I want to try it but my internet is down atm... gah.
I think someone in this or the review thread confirmed shareplay is not available.

Kuraudo

Banned
Trying to wait until after episode 2 is out before buying this (it's my birthday on the 7th and I always like to pick up a game that day), but loving the impressions so far. Sounds like it'll be a fun game for £20.

Went ahead and preordered the season pass, as I realised I'd miss out on the throwback map pack if I waited. It's all preloaded and ready to go at midnight. First time I've ever preloaded a game and it's a bit weird. I can understand locking it when the retail version comes out the same day, but seeing as it's only available in digital form at the moment and already out elsewhere, it just seems bizarre that it's sitting on my system but I have to wait until some arbitrary time to play it.

Grisby

Strange, after the title screen I got a system message about there being 'no content, maybe its not available for DL yet' despite me downloading 6 something gigs.

Ah well, time to try the game I guess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Something I want to throw out there, I think Revelations 2 purposely stuffs together a lot of scrapped series concepts together. Like, I'm noticing a lot of things in this game are things that were scrapped from older Resident Evil games.

A few examples. The bleeding mechanic is extremely similar to a similar mechanic that was planned for Resident Evil 2, but was scrapped. The flashlight mechanic Moria is happens to be very similar to a flashlight mechanic that was planned for the Hookman version of Resident Evil 4, but was scrapped. The enemy with sewn-together body parts is a scrapped enemy from the series, I believe it was a scrapped idea for an enemy in Resident Evil 4 but the exact entry I may be mistaken on. I also know that the enemy seen in the Drama Trailer,
the Tyrant with mechanical parts, looks very similar to a scrapped Tyrant design that was supposed to be in Resident Evil 5, and on top of this, that Tyrant and Uroboros combine together, which was something else that was scrapped.

The director of this game notably has been working on the Resident Evil series since the first game, he was a programmer for Resident Evil 1. I have a feeling he snuck in some scrapped things through the franchise into the game.

Really surprised too that the ammo seems so limited. I like it. I highly recommend going for the knee/ankle shot and finishing with the knife. RE4 basically. But the enemies move faster and the knife is less clumsy.

Btw... props on putting dodge to O. Way less cumbersome than Rev1. Now it feels way more skill based than luck based.

Yeah ammo is way more sparse and puts the player in quite the predicament at times. Just wait till you get to episode 2. Good lord... I was sweating it!

Top Bottom