• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Hagi

Barry saying "thats my baby!" when she speaks is funny too.

Everything Barry says is funny.

Spoiler for Barry's section
I haven't finished his part yet but I noticed that Natalias bracelet was red :( hopefully nothing bad happens to her. I'm enjoying their interactions.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I knew I was going to probably like the crap out of this when it was announced. But at the same I didn't really expect much from a budget-RE game. Some of it looked bad. Some of it looked good. Just finished Episode 1 a couple mins ago, and here's a few thoughts from me

-Yeah the Penal Colony is a bit brownish looking but it's atmosphere is creepy as hell. It's very foreboding and grim as hell. Plus (settings spoiler)
the outside areas were gorgeous and reminded me of RE4 a lot.

-Fantastic enemies. Holy shit. They are relentless, creepy and nasty as fuck. (enemy spoiler)
The Uroboros BOW is so...fucking GREAT. Goddamn.

-It was nothing like old RE, but the light puzzlings and cog gathering and all that brought a smile to my face.

-Some of the most fucking intense scenes in the series. Really didn't expect how wild things would get here. (situations spoilers)
The first encounter with the Afflicted when you expect one but get like 30 and have to run. The fucking shadow on the door scene with Barry is one of the best scares in the series goddamn. The whole crane finale to smash the door with all of the BOWs crawling around like goddamn organic spider looking pricks. Hell yes.

Are any of the extras (Throwback Map Pack, Hunk, Wesker, Character Costume Pack) available from the beginning or are those coming later?

Also, are the Raid missions all set in locations from the game (like RE:R1's were) or do we have Raid exclusive areas outside of the Throwback Map Pack?

slade

Played through Claire's section. Seriously, I am completely fine with this level of graphics and gameplay for the price I paid... and I haven't even started Barry's part yet. Cannot say that for any 60 dollar game I've bought in the last year. More publishers need to do titles like this if they are financially viable instead of sinking themselves trying to chase some AAA dream.

Well here's the make or break question for me...

Is it scary?

Certain parts are. You'll definitely be on your toes a lot, and I found ammo to be scarce. I think this is because the developer wanted you to use both characters in combat, rather than shotgunning your way though.They have abilities that are a tremendous help when used correctly.

Lastly, Make sure to wear headphones or have a good sound system because the sound effects and music are fantastic.

Risible

So those that have played it, without spoilers, how much is it like RE4 or RE5 (which I loved)? It unlocks tomorrow for me on the PC.

Wont buy due to content locked on physical. Maybe when its 12$

There is nothing locked to the physical edition, everything in the physical version (minus the artbook obviously) is on the marketplace right now. In fact, unless you care that much about 4 costumes it's a better deal to go digital and buy Wesker + Throwback Map Pack for $32.50.

After playing for 30 minutes I dig it a lot. The character switching mechanic seems neat, and I like that they've opted to go a for high frame rate over cutting edge graphics. Game looks totally fine to me.

Also, I love it that melee attacks are viable. One of my favorite parts of RE games is mixing up melee with ranged to save ammo. This game seems to really encourage that

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What a twist. Can't wait to see where this goes.

The last few segments with Barry were really intense. The outdoor area looked great, too, especially right at the beginning, with the radio tower in the distance.

Drencrom

Could you only get the Throwaway stage pack if you pre-ordered the complete season? The pre-order just went down so is it possible to get it separately later?

EDIT: Yup, the stage pack is up.

Loved episode one. I also bought Wesker and the costumes in support of this nice budget title, it's packed with content. Buying the season pass, Wesker and costumes equal out to less than the disc so it's a win instead of waiting for it.

Lucent

So are those extra episodes gonna be available to get later if you don't buy the full game? I dunno if I want to drop $25 on this or not.

Teknoman

I knew I was going to probably like the crap out of this when it was announced. But at the same I didn't really expect much from a budget-RE game. Some of it looked bad. Some of it looked good. Just finished Episode 1 a couple mins ago, and here's a few thoughts from me

-Yeah the Penal Colony is a bit brownish looking but it's atmosphere is creepy as hell. It's very foreboding and grim as hell. Plus (settings spoiler)
the outside areas were gorgeous and reminded me of RE4 a lot.

-Fantastic enemies. Holy shit. They are relentless, creepy and nasty as fuck. (enemy spoiler)
The Uroboros BOW is so...fucking GREAT. Goddamn.

-It was nothing like old RE, but the light puzzlings and cog gathering and all that brought a smile to my face.

-Some of the most fucking intense scenes in the series. Really didn't expect how wild things would get here. (situations spoilers)
The first encounter with the Afflicted when you expect one but get like 30 and have to run. The fucking shadow on the door scene with Barry is one of the best scares in the series goddamn. The whole crane finale to smash the door with all of the BOWs crawling around like goddamn organic spider looking pricks. Hell yes.

It has an eerie atmosphere, yes. Much more than RE5/6 combined.

But is it full-blown scary? No.

5 dollars to Sony X Capcom confirmed.

Jobbs

Banned
Well here's the make or break question for me...

Is it scary?

not really. but it's, in my opinion, quite good, and while there's plenty of shooting and action, it does have a bit of a slower pace than most of RE5/6. I really enjoyed it a lot. I'd enjoy it more if there was a bit less cost cutting (I notice this mostly in bland environments and some of the animation lacking a bit -- character models themselves look pretty darn good though, IMO) but as it stands I really did enjoy it a lot and can't wait to play episode 2.

AdaWong

How long is the episode?
On average, 90~120 minutes.

I love RE 5 and RE 6. Will I like this?
Yes.

I hate RE 5 and RE 6. Will i like this?
If you're looking for classic RE with fixed angles, you're not going to find it. But of you're looking for cheesy dialogue and eerie/mysterious atmosphere. Get this game.

Can i play online in campaign?
No. Only available in split-screen.

What about Raid Mode, can I play online there?
Yes and no.
At this moment, there is no online functionality.
HOWEVER, online will be patched in when the fourth episode releases (March 17th)

How's the replay value?
Amazing.
You have challenges to satisfy, medallions to collect and S rank runs to do.
Then you got Raid Mode.
Raid mode is where it almost justifies the price tag of this game alone.

Framerate?
Beautiful 60 FPS.
Be warned though, it may drop a bit in one particular scene, but nothing too off-putting.

Wow really?

Yeah, but mainly because it does more right to me in terms of what I want out of the series than the more recent ones. It has returning characters that I've missed, a very mysterious plot with interesting developments, and the horror aspect has been cranked up significantly. It all kind of snowballs together into something I dig more overall. Obviously the huge fans of RE4 aren't going to think this holds a candle to something like that and game design wise I would obviously agree, but RE4 annoyed me in a number of ways as a longtime fan of the series.

Lucent

Yeah, but mainly because it does more right to me in terms of what I want out of the series than the more recent ones. It has returning characters that I've missed, a very mysterious plot with interesting developments, and the horror aspect has been cranked up significantly. It all kind of snowballs together into something I dig more overall. Obviously the huge fans of RE4 aren't going to think this holds a candle to something like that and game design wise I would obviously agree, but RE4 annoyed me in a number of ways as a longtime fan of the series.

Eh, I loved RE4. But I am not gonna keep trying to compare games to that.

About 2 hours seems pretty good for one episode. Especially considering the price. $25 for about 8 hours (if it stays that length) isn't bad considering the length of older RE games AND the price difference. I might just take your word for it and jump on the complete season.

Chabbles

So i bought this an hour ago and pre loaded it. Its 12:10am now but its still locked, when i try play it says "Cannot use content. To use purchase for store". I've checked my bank account and its been payed for... what to do ?

So i bought this an hour ago and pre loaded it. Its 12:10am now but its still locked, when i try play it says "Cannot use content. To use purchase for store". I've checked my bank account and its been payed for... what to do ?

I think I had the same issue.

I went to the online store here, clicked Download List in the dropdown from my username in the top right, and then clicked Download to PS4 next to the game.

Edit: Unless your issue is completely different from mine, in which case I have no clue.

Chabbles

I think I had the same issue.

I went to the online store here, clicked Download List in the dropdown from my username in the top right, and then clicked Download to PS4 next to the game.

Edit: Unless your issue is completely different from mine, in which case I have no clue.

Its sorted now "restoring licences" did the trick. =)

Top Bottom