• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Lucent

To my knowledge, most of this is going to be released on March 20th, when the physical edition releases. Online was said to be added a little after the fourth episode is released (they say they're testing to see if online works the way it should and fine tuning before release), the bonus episodes definitely release the same day the retail version does.

I'm guessing the extra episodes will cost something. Mmm...I might just bite it and go for the full season.

Ricker

I dont understand what to do after putting the cog with the others...I keep dying after,obviously you arent meant to kill everything but I cant figure it out yet.

Hagi

I dont understand what to do after putting the cog with the others...I keep dying after,obviously you arent meant to kill everything but I cant figure it out yet.

You need to have Moira open the door with the crowbar while you defend her and not die.

There were going to be several "showdowns." Umbrella wasn't so much a hydra, but it was huge and its individual components were highly ambitious. Once it did fall, it was to be likely replaced by its rival company (Wesker's organization) and the U.S. government. BIO4's original plot even involved those two factions attacking the same Umbrella facility, inadvertently at the same time.

That would have been so good and was the logical next story for the series. I don't know why they derailed and went in a fantasy direction.

Aeana

Just finished both scenarios of episode 1. It's surprisingly good and there were some unexpected moments. I'm really hopeful for the future episodes!

Ralemont

not me
Trust me, the original intentions for how Umbrella would fall were a lot better and more thought-out than anything else that's been attempted, including Perry's novels.

BIO4's opening "stock crash" would've happened still, but there were going to be several direct attacks on the company by different factions and individuals, some good and some bad. The series was already leading straight into this, with each game featuring the destruction of key Umbrella facilities.

This and your follow-up post sound like what I would have wanted. I am fine with the logic of RE1-CV's events leading to Umbrella falling out of favor and power; I just needed the end of Umbrella to be represented in a game instead of effectively offscreen. It sounds like the original RE4 plot was more in line with that...oh well.

Ricker

You need to have Moira open the door with the crowbar while you defend her and not die.

Seriously...? theres about 10 of them including the bigger guys...how can I defend with Claire and use Moira and her crowbar at the same time...? this is nuts..I have 3 shotguns shells left and maybe 9 bullets for the pistol...I get swarmed,guess its time to start over.

Dunno if posted, but if you go to the game in your PS4 library section and scroll down, you can find the DLC to buy. There's one called "RE Revelations 2: Compatibility Pack" that was free for me, I'm assuming for buying the complete season, and it gives you alternate costumes, the throwback maps, and the Raid Mode characters like Wesker and Hunk.

Probably been posted already, but I didn't know about it until just now so maybe not everyone is aware.

Aeana

Seriously...? theres about 10 of them including the bigger guys...how can I defend with Claire and use Moira and her crowbar at the same time...? this is nuts..I have 3 shotguns shells left and maybe 9 bullets for the pistol...I get swarmed,guess its time to start over.

What you need to do is
have Claire rotate the contraption in the center of the room, then immediately switch to Moira and send her to the right to rotate the wheel on the pipe

Jobbs

Banned

I was stuck here for a while too, embarrassingly.. I kept trying to clear everyone, which proved to be impossible since they just keep spawning.

you need to turn on the flamethrower and turn it around to face the door.

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah this part is incredibly hard on the hardest difficulty and it's really kinda turning me off the game. Everything else was decent difficulty, but this is making me feel like I need to start everything all over again just to have a chance, which is kinda dumb. I have 1 Shotgun Shell and 1 Handgun round, but I feel even with alot of ammo it would be tough to take that group on. And you don't really have time to mess around with the contraptions in that room in the first place, the enemies are on me within seconds.

What you need to do is
have Claire rotate the contraption in the center of the room, then immediately switch to Moira and send her to the right to rotate the wheel on the pipe

That definitely isn't working

Aeana

Yeah this part is incredibly hard on the hardest difficulty and it's really kinda turning me off the game. Everything else was decent difficulty, but this is making me feel like I need to start everything all over again just to have a chance, which is kinda dumb. I have 1 Shotgun Shell and 1 Handgun round, but I feel even with alot of ammo it would be tough to take that group on. And you don't really have time to mess around with the contraptions in that room in the first place, the enemies are on me within seconds.
You are not supposed to shoot them. Read above.

That definitely isn't working

Why not?
It turns on the flamethrower and the flamethrower will kill everything that comes to the doorway except the big guys.

Hagi

All i did was sit underneath one of the traps and shoot anything that attacked Moira. Total easy mode.

The amount of stuff in raid mode is ridiculous. The normal gauntlet for Episode 4 requires a minimum of 340 medallions, which is 68 perfects, yeeeeeeesh.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just finished the episode 1. I liked it, but man that fan service LOL!

t5qyFg9.jpg

How's that for fan service?

I bought episode 1 on xbox one and after updating the compatability pack went straight into raid mode.

I like it so far, visually it's simple but it's enough to get the job done, I can't help but think there's too many unlit areas which are seriously dark and it's not black crush on my end.

Z3M0G

Played episode 1 which was one of the best RE gaming experiences since... maybe ever.

Played a mission in Raid Mode, earned some XP, and identified three loot weapons i collected.

Im completely blown away right now at the content amd customizability and upgradability i am finding here...

This may be one of the best RE game packages ever...

Hagi

The amount of stuff in raid mode is ridiculous. The normal gauntlet for Episode 4 requires a minimum of 340 medallions, which is 68 perfects, yeeeeeeesh.

I tried a daily with Claire set in Raccoon City and everything was going fine until exploding enemies, gold and silver? enemies and enemies with what i can only assume are force fields started spawning, utter insanity ensued.

I would have liked a bit more freedom in moves and controls like in RE6 but man Raid is just so much fun anyway.

StewboaT_

Ugh, bought the game hoping to get some coop going with a buddy this evening only to find out it's limited to split screen for both modes. My fault for not checking, but man, this sucks.

Manu

I tried a daily with Claire set in Raccoon City and everything was going fine until exploding enemies, gold and silver? enemies and enemies with what i can only assume are force fields started spawning, utter insanity ensued.

I would have liked a bit more freedom in moves and controls like in RE6 but man Raid is just so much fun anyway.

That would be Tall Oaks from RE6, not Raccoon.

AmyS

Can someone please clarify, when everything is up that's supposed to be up, there's going to be a demo for the PS3 ver, but no demo on PS4 ?

Thanks for the help everyone, Like some of you, I wasn't able to download the game at all, but now it is finally in my download que, hopefully it works!

Ugh, bought the game hoping to get some coop going with a buddy this evening only to find out it's limited to split screen for both modes. My fault for not checking, but man, this sucks.
online is suppose to be patched in at some point after release, might just be raid mode no idea.

Top Bottom