• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

GolazoDan

I'm getting the same issue. I don't think the game's fully downloaded (4.5 GB of 6 total) but it should be playable. Got the lock, "purchase it from the Playstation Store" even though I bought it, restoring licenses and rebooting the console doesn't seem to work.

Ralemont

not me
I love it as a game so while that's all that should matter, the admitted fanboy in me was still annoyed as hell by the story direction.

Tell me about it. 4 games of "Umbrella's goin' down" promises and economic attacks is what takes them down off-screen.

Seyavesh

Tell me about it. 4 games of "Umbrella's goin' down" promises and economic attacks is what takes them down off-screen.

that's actually one of my favorite touches on RE lore

the big bad corporation doesn't go down because action heroics, just because they were in a PR nightmare so bad that their stock tanked

...which didn't matter in the end because just as promptly several rival corporations immediately started picking up where they left off due to how profitable the insane bioweapons industry was, leading to the formation of the BSAA to deal with the fallout of the invention of that danger

FLAguy954

Dat deal:

gmgb6kg7.png

Pre-loading now on Steam

I broke my no pre-ordering rule because this was just too damn cheap

Ralemont

not me

the big bad corporation doesn't go down because action heroics, just because they were in a PR nightmare so bad that their stock tanked

...which didn't matter because just as promptly several rival corporations immediately started picking up where they left off due to how obviously profitable the insane bioweapons industry was, leading to the formation of the BSAA

I cantdealwithit.gif

Even that S.D. Perry book Underworld had a more satisfying "All the RE characters meet to take down Umbrella" plot.

Krakn3Dfx

May have been asked, but I couldn't find it.

Anyone tried Shareplay to see if it's locked out?

Edit: According to a post on Gamefaqs:

Once you beat episode 1 you unlock Shareplay

Dunno if it's true tho.

News Bot

Banned
I cantdealwithit.gif

Even that S.D. Perry book Underworld had a more satisfying "All the RE characters meet to take down Umbrella" plot.

Trust me, the original intentions for how Umbrella would fall were a lot better and more thought-out than anything else that's been attempted, including Perry's novels.

BIO4's opening "stock crash" would've happened still, but there were going to be several direct attacks on the company by different factions and individuals, some good and some bad. The series was already leading straight into this, with each game featuring the destruction of key Umbrella facilities.

Shauni

...which didn't matter in the end because just as promptly several rival corporations immediately started picking up where they left off due to how profitable the insane bioweapons industry was, leading to the formation of the BSAA to deal with the fallout of the invention of that danger

I've always felt that I was the only one who liked that touch. In general, I always thought the base RE story was kind of shit anyway, but I always thought that was such an interesting twist to the usual "big bad" approach. My man.

Hugstable

Banned
You can't retrieve it as Claire or Moriah. It's retrievable in Barry's mission. Make sure to explore that room before moving "something"

How am I even supposed to get past that room? I got like 2 bullets total and it seems I can't pry open the door. Have restarted about 20 times now and it's getting a bit annoying.

Shauni

So, US Xboners, it seems this is up at least on the digital website storefront. I downloaded it and a computability patch that seemed to contain the costumes and Hunk for Raid Mode for free. Not sure if it's a pre-load, though, but it is downloading as we speak.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Trust me, the original intentions for how Umbrella would fall were a lot better and more thought-out than anything else that's been attempted, including Perry's novels.

BIO4's opening "stock crash" would've happened still, but there were going to be several direct attacks on the company by different factions and individuals, some good and some bad. The series was already leading straight into this, with each game featuring the destruction of key Umbrella facilities.
Is there anything suggesting this, or something similar to this, didn't happen? UC shows Chris and Jill raiding one such facility, but any amount of similar raids could have happened before that.

News Bot

Banned
Is there anything suggesting this, or something similar to this, didn't happen? UC shows Chris and Jill raiding one such facility, but any amount of similar raids could have happened before that.

This is true, and is an area of the series I want to see explored. 1999-2002 is relatively empty for Umbrella.

As mentioned in CODE:Veronica, several nations became openly hostile against the company, including America and Russia. That leaves a lot of interesting room for stories and new characters, not limited to the Private Anti-Biohazard Service of Chris and Jill or the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team of Leon and Barry.

How am I even supposed to get past that room? I got like 2 bullets total and it seems I can't pry open the door. Have restarted about 20 times now and it's getting a bit annoying.

Are you talking about
when you use the cog to unlock the jaildoor? If so, you'll see a wheel on the wall that will turn on the flamethrower in the center of the room that you can turn to face the large hall. Switch to Moriah and command her to pry open the door then switch back to Claire to keep the enemies at bay while the flamethrower cooks them. The door won't unlock instantly, it takes some time for Moriah to prey it open.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Are you talking about
when you use the cog to unlock the jaildoor? If so, you'll see a wheel on the wall that will turn on the flamethrower in the center of the room that you can turn to face the large hall. Switch to Moriah and command her to pry open the door then switch back to Claire to keep the enemies at bay while the flamethrower cooks them. The door won't unlock instantly, it takes some time for Moriah to prey it open.

Also, utilize the objects around you that are threats to your health. They hurt enemies just the same. Use that sidestep!

Whoops, meant to quote the first bit but oh well. This is directed to Hugstable.

Which made no sense whatsoever, since at that point, Umbrella had been far more than some company that would vanish because lol stocks. The background info you can read up on in the several titles until Ø and some of the villain's ambitions were absolutely ridiculous and at the end of CVX, they've teased some equally crazy showdown (also, so much speculation based on all that back in the day, simply thrown under the bus...). But instead, they've continued with magical bugs that turned people into golems. And the personalities of Leon/Ada didn't match at all with RE2. I guess they wanted to retcon this reboot in 5, but that was miserable at best (not to mention that old RE storytelling was also highly superior, with optional files instead of utterly bloated cutscenes).

But that just generally reflected that RE4 had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series in pretty much every aspect, except in having green herbs and a few old names. Even despite the flat out shooting stages mixed in, the Jill campaign in Rev1 was still the closest to feeling like an actual RE game since 4 happened, which was a great shooter, but sure as fuck no Resident Evil, so I also don't really give a shit whether Rev2 can ,,match'' 4, but rather whether it continues what Rev 1 started.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
So I was able to do a few missions in raid mode, now anytime I load it, crash, have to force quit. Powered down ps4, still no dice.

Oh well, it was a bit o fun for the what I got try it out.

Was watching some footage of the PS3 version and yeah, definitely gonna just go with that one. Keeps all my Resident Evils on one system and it looks solid as hell visually.... like I'd venture to even say it kinda looks better on PS3 rather than XBO/PS4 (framerate excluded obviously), if only because that was the baseline and the lower resolution hides the uglier aspect of the game that 1080p brings front and center.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Are any of the extras (Throwback Map Pack, Hunk, Wesker, Character Costume Pack) available from the beginning or are those coming later?

Also, are the Raid missions all set in locations from the game (like RE:R1's were) or do we have Raid exclusive areas outside of the Throwback Map Pack?

So are those extra episodes gonna be available to get later if you don't buy the full game? I dunno if I want to drop $25 on this or not.

What? Raid mode is not online multiplayer yet? How idiotic.

To my knowledge, most of this is going to be released on March 20th, when the physical edition releases. Online was said to be added a little after the fourth episode is released (they say they're testing to see if online works the way it should and fine tuning before release), the bonus episodes definitely release the same day the retail version does.

MechaX

Got the chance to play it up to Barry's segment.

Clarie's segment was... worse than I was expecting.

On the same coin, Barry's segment (at least what I played), was a fuck ton better than what I was expecting.

Was watching some footage of the PS3 version and yeah, definitely gonna just go with that one. Keeps all my Resident Evils on one system and it looks solid as hell visually.... like I'd venture to even say it kinda looks better on PS3 rather than XBO/PS4 (framerate excluded obviously), if only because that was the baseline and the lower resolution hides the uglier aspect of the game that 1080p brings front and center.
This game does not look that bad. This is crazy talk.

News Bot

Banned
Which made no sense whatsoever, since at that point, Umbrella had been far more than some company that would vanish because lol stocks. The background info you can read up on in the several titles until Ø and some of the villain's ambitions were absolutely ridiculous and at the end of CVX, they've teased some equally crazy showdown (also, so much speculation based on all that back in the day, simply thrown under the bus...). But instead, they've continued with magical bugs that turned people into golems. And the personalities of Leon/Ada didn't match at all with RE2. I guess they wanted to retcon this reboot in 5, but that was miserable at best (not to mention that old RE storytelling was also highly superior, with optional files instead of utterly bloated cutscenes).

But that just generally reflected that RE4 had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series in pretty much every aspect, except in having green herbs and a few old names. Even despite the flat out shooting stages mixed in, the Jill campaign in Rev1 was still the closest to feeling like an actual RE game since 4 happened, which was a great shooter, but sure as fuck no Resident Evil, so I also don't really give a shit whether Rev2 can ,,match'' 4, but rather whether it continues what Rev 1 started.

Umbrella was still a company and couldn't continue research without funding. That is the reason it existed to begin with, and is also the main reason for their interest in biological weapons--- big bucks in reshaping war and monopolizing the best weapons and the best countermeasures. The stock crash was completely logical and made sense with what we knew about the company, its pharmaceutical business plummeted due to bad press and its weapons business collapsed due to losing support from governments and militaries.

There was no way Umbrella was going to dodge Raccoon City's destruction. The U.S. government was its biggest customer in biological weapons and attempted to steal William Birkin and the G-Virus from them, with the company eventually viewed as a "traitor" because they weren't an exclusive supplier to the U.S. So the government dog-piled it, permanently suspending its legal right to operate on American soil and establishing the top-secret Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team to eradicate it.

There were going to be several "showdowns." Umbrella wasn't so much a hydra, but it was huge and its individual components were highly ambitious. Once it did fall, it was to be likely replaced by its rival company (Wesker's organization) and the U.S. government. BIO4's original plot even involved those two factions attacking the same Umbrella facility, inadvertently at the same time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So the DLC I just bought for raid... not working.

Don't see wesker or the costumes... getting a weird error even though the stuff is downloaded and installed on my PS4. Very frustrating.

burgerdog

Set your output resolution to 720p on XBO/PS4 and voila. That way you could stop trying to convince yourself that the ps3 version is the way to go.

Haha, just heard the
Claire sandwich
line along with Moira's response. This seems to have to most enjoyable dialogue I've seen in an RE game for a while.

ezekial45

Banned
So the DLC I just bought for raid... not working.

Don't see wesker or the costumes... getting a weird error even though the stuff is downloaded and installed on my PS4. Very frustrating.
The costumes and Wesker unlock after the release of the final episode in March.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are there any full images of the 4 costumes up on the store now?

Vamphuntr

Also you can't play splitscreen in the PC version at all. It was added today on the steam storepage description while it wasn't there before. There is a big metldown on the steam discussion forum.

Pretty bad showing since you're stuck playing alone because raid mode isn't patched. Wow.

You need to download a Compability Pack in order to use the DLC. Relaunch the game and it will prompt you to download it when you have purchased any DLC.

Laws00

this makes me upset like i dont know

a complete season pass and a season pass. and all this nice dlc. i thought the costumes were included. capcom please

Top Bottom