• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Kssio_Aug

How hard is the game? How hard is the Raid mode?

Does it feature NG+ for story? What about unlockables such as infinite ammo weapons like in RE5?

Im not looking for a super hardcore game, just a Resident Evil to have some fun like I did in coop or alone with RE5. Will I enjoy it?

Lucent

No. Sadly, no.

It can't be.

There you go. But I was like O_O for a moment lol

Lol. Dammit.

As she started to regain consciousness, Claire could see a strange symbol. It was blurry at first, but as her vision started to come into focus, she realized that it was a symbol she had seen before. This symbol belonged to the tyrannical NeoGAF Corporation. This evil entity was responsible for dragging her back into the world of survival horror.

Would she make it out alive once again? Only if she collects all of the unnecessary DLC that's intentionally been scattered about the digital Capcpom Mansion.

I dunno I was trying to be clever.

How hard is the game? How hard is the Raid mode?

Does it feature NG+ for story? What about unlockables such as infinite ammo weapons like in RE5?

So people on GAF have died while playing it on Normal so take that as you will. Raid mode is Raid mode and no one has finished the game yet.

Was anyone else worried when they started Barry's part? After seeing all the guns and ammo he already had I was concerned it might be another crappy action part like in Rev1. And then it ends up being way more tense and challenging than anything in Claire's section.

Astral Dog

Oh yes they did. There is nothing grounded about RE4s story
RE4 is still kinda an evolution of the earlier games, the enemies are part of a bow project, Mikami didn't want the series to go pure fantasy, but he wanted to stay away from Umbrella and familiar tropes for awhile.
Now, after RE 5 it has become much more exaggerated, kinda like a different world from remake, but still not based on fantasy.

Hugstable

Banned
Still can't beat that one room with Claire. I'm about to give up and just start it up another day on Normal or something. This part just feels completely unbalanced and unfair compared to the rest of Claire's section on Hard. Like I'm doing everything exactly as I'm supposed to, and either we die super fast, or half the time Moira is running out of the room before I even start up the flaming making it impossible to finish without breaking the spinner with the parts.

Elija2

Can you change the difficulty in the campaign at any time? Kinda want to start on a difficulty higher than normal but if it gets too hard I don't want to have to restart the whole thing (even if episode 1 is only 2 hours long).

joe2187

Banned
Can you change the difficulty in the campaign at any time? Kinda want to start on a difficulty higher than normal but if it gets too hard I don't want to have to restart the whole thing (even if episode 1 is only 2 hours long).

when you die, you have the option as well as the option to upgrade and buy new skills.

Manu

Hey guys, remember how two weeks ago some people thought Capcom would make the game hard on purpose so that we'd pay for continues?

Good times.

Hugstable

Banned
Welp I'm taking a break for awhile. Fun game so far, but the balancing of the difficulty for hard is shit. It shouldn't have to be luck to pass this section, and it's made even more annoying with her running out of the room for no reason on some attempts, making me play 2 minutes again just for another chance of trying to be lucky.

Alot of this game seems to run off random chance on hard atleast, I'm noticing it alot now.

Manu

Is the game easy?

I died three times playing on Normal, but the checkpoints are like 30 seconds apart each time.

Only Raid Mode has a "pay to continue" option and I haven't died once in Raid Mode yet.

I also have 13 revive crystals since you can earn them by beating the daily Raid.

Just finished the first episode on the hardest difficulty. Oh man, there's some problems but it's the best RE game i've played in a long time.

I'm very happy with the direction they're taking, hope the next episode is even better.

Hugstable

Banned
WTF, I finally got the crowbar to work in the room and Moira pulled off the plank... but guess what, there is a second fucking plank! Is this the same on Normal? This is getting really bad...

Mrmartel

Banned
Question, does REV2 have any terrible flashback segments like REV1?
Like the parker and Chris
narrow pathway shootathons?

WTF, I finally got the crowbar to work in the room and Moira pulled off the plank... but guess what, there is a second fucking plank! Is this the same on Normal? This is getting really bad...

Gotta conserve ammo if you're playing on the hard difficulty >.>
Question, does REV2 have any terrible flashback segments like REV1?
Like the parker and Chris
narrow pathway shootathons?

In the first episode, no.

Hugstable

Banned
Gotta conserve ammo if you're playing on the hard difficulty >.>

I even restarted this whole thing just so I could have ammo, this part is just pure unfun. I have no problem with any other Resident Evil game at all, but this section just seems so unfair in how they did it on Hard, especially if you don't have much ammo, basically making you start over.

The randomness of everything is what is really pissing me off at this point. Does Moira's ground attack insta-kill on normal? Cause it feels like maybe a 1/4 chance to actually get it to kill someone on hard, and sometimes I need 3 of those on a NORMAL enemy just to kill them. Also ammo and supplies being randomized is weird too. Maybe I should just restart this on Normal or something, the more and more I have to keep replaying this section (been about 40 times now) the more I just start disliking this game. Like it shouldn't have to be this hard and I shouldn't have to rely on this much luck for different factors (whether Moria wants to stay in the room or not, how fast the 2 big dudes want to rush in, etc)

EDIT: I finally beat the section. I still hate it and think it's a low point in a game that's actually been really damn fun so far. I don't usually mind difficulty and Claire's section on hard outside of that isn't that hard, but that just was not fun.

So the game crashes (PS4) after completing a raid level and now its stuck at the load screen when I'm trying to get back in.. Seems like my save is fucked.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The moment in Raid Mode when
you hear a chainsaw buzzing and a faint Mayday in the distance then OMGWTFDEAD

I even restarted this whole thing just so I could have ammo, this part is just pure unfun. I have no problem with any other Resident Evil game at all, but this section just seems so unfair in how they did it on Hard, especially if you don't have much ammo, basically making you start over.

The randomness of everything is what is really pissing me off at this point. Does Moira's ground attack insta-kill on normal? Cause it feels like maybe a 1/4 chance to actually get it to kill someone on hard, and sometimes I need 3 of those on a NORMAL enemy just to kill them. Also ammo and supplies being randomized is weird too. Maybe I should just restart this on Normal or something, the more and more I have to keep replaying this section (been about 40 times now) the more I just start disliking this game. Like it shouldn't have to be this hard and I shouldn't have to rely on this much luck for different factors (whether Moria wants to stay in the room or not, how fast the 2 big dudes want to rush in, etc)

I haven't played on normal so i'm no help...

You are activating the fire and turning it towards the enemies right? I don't remember that part being all too difficult. You can change difficulties on the death menu though so if it's really bothering you, I would just change difficulties.

LegendX48

so, when you beat episode 1 it says that you unlock
countdown mode and invisible mode
anyone know how to actually start them up?

Hugstable

Banned
I haven't played on normal so i'm no help...

You are activating the fire and turning it towards the enemies right? I don't remember that part being all too difficult. You can change difficulties on the death menu though so if it's really bothering you, I would just change difficulties.

Maybe I just suck lol -___-

Ricker

EDIT: I finally beat the section. I still hate it and think it's a low point in a game that's actually been really damn fun so far. I don't usually mind difficulty and Claire's section on hard outside of that isn't that hard, but that just was not fun.

Yeah,that was hard for me also on normal but once I got a few hints and knew exactly what to do,it worked great...I barely used any bullets,used one bottle to help at the start and was yelling at Moira to hurry the hell up lol...but on hard,yeah must be a pain.

Y
RE4 is still kinda an evolution of the earlier games, the enemies are part of a bow project, Mikami didn't want the series to go pure fantasy, but he wanted to stay away from Umbrella and familiar tropes for awhile.
Now, after RE 5 it has become much more exaggerated, kinda like a different world from remake, but still not based on fantasy.

You fight trolls, leather face, posessed villagers infected with an ancient "parasite", a religious cult bent on world domination, what appears to be an immortal castillean prince who owns a giant mechanical steampunk version of himself that chases you, Ada Wong is suddenly a super spy ninja and Leon Kennedy is a federal agent sent to rescue the presidents daughter from a Spanish village that looks like it's from some 1920s universal horror movie where the population doesn't even speak the native Spanish language.

What the fuck does any of that have to do with Resident Evil? Why couldn't shinji have just made a new character and called it the evil within or something. RE4 is closer related to something like splatter house than it is the series that shares its name.

Still can't beat that one room with Claire. I'm about to give up and just start it up another day on Normal or something. This part just feels completely unbalanced and unfair compared to the rest of Claire's section on Hard. Like I'm doing everything exactly as I'm supposed to, and either we die super fast, or half the time Moira is running out of the room before I even start up the flaming making it impossible to finish without breaking the spinner with the parts.

Use Moira instead of Claire to do everything in that room, it worked for me after a couple of tries.

Hugstable

Banned
I mean once those two big guys came by the flamethrower i threw an explosive bottle to knock them down and keep the flamethrower dps on them...

That was probably my big problem then was that I didn't have a bottle to keep them at bay. Even with just Fire, the big dudes pretty much charged through it and took minimal damage. Got really lucky on the successful attempt as one of the big dudes didn't come into the room for some reason this time.

That was probably my big problem then was that I didn't have a bottle to keep them at bay. Even with just Fire, the big dudes pretty much charged through it and took minimal damage. Got really lucky on the successful attempt as one of the big dudes didn't come into the room for some reason this time.

Well, glad you finally got through it. I've been there on games before and it's annoying.

Hopefully you enjoy Barry's campaign... He's a badass lol. Comes packed and ready to fuck shit up. Don't get cocky though >.> that ammo goes fast.

Hugstable

Banned
Well, glad you finally got through it. I've been there on games before and it's annoying.

Hopefully you enjoy Barry's campaign... He's a badass lol. Comes packed and ready to fuck shit up. Don't get cocky though >.> that ammo goes fast.

Barry still has his Magnum, I'm loving this already haha

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
How do you unlock
Jill
in Raid Mode?

Edit. Dammit figured it out. Shouldn't be too hard. I misunderstood what they were asking.

Astral Dog

Y

You fight trolls, leather face, posessed villagers infected with an ancient "parasite", a religious cult bent on world domination, what appears to be an immortal castillean prince who owns a giant mechanical steampunk version of himself that chases you, Ada Wong is suddenly a super spy ninja and Leon Kennedy is a federal agent sent to rescue the presidents daughter from a Spanish village that looks like it's from some 1920s universal horror movie where the population doesn't even speak the native Spanish language.

What the fuck does any of that have to do with Resident Evil? Why couldn't shinji have just made a new character and called it the evil within or something. RE4 is closer related to something like splatter house than it is the series that shares its name.
When you say it like that of course it sounds awesome, but oh well, Mikami tried to do something fresh and unexpected, to go along with the new gameplay and 3D environments he designed.
Evil Within is also kinda similar in a way, fantastic elements but tied to a science plot.

RE4 story certainly had a mixed reception, personally it was enjoyable, i had more issues with the story/atmosphere of RE5, RE6 and REV.

RE4 has a great soundtrack too!, it adds soo much, even on the little typewritter rooms.

I just want to post my thoughts of episode 1:

I have to say this might be on par with Re4 on how good it feels. The difficulty is just right, and you actually, for the first time in a long time in a Resident Evil game, have to conserve ammo or you run the risk of running out of it.

I love how the episode started, feeling helpless for a couple of minutes. I love that it was divided in two parts. The controls felt good, and while the aiming took me awhile to get used to, I think it felt tight. The graphics are ok, and I was expecting something a lot worse since the game was so cheap.

The thing is, since the game will be released in parts, I have this awful feeling that they will find away to fuck it up. But this start has been damn good.

UnrealEck

I don't intend on buying this but I read that PC doesn't even have a co-op mode. Is this true and if so, have they given a reason? I mean come on, you can't spell CAPCPOM without 'PC'.

Barry still has his Magnum, I'm loving this already haha

Oh yeah, it's such fan service.

Barry is the best.

I actually love that they make him come with 3 guns. It makes a lot of sense... In other games people would show up with a pistol with 15 bullets >.>

Grisby

So...how do I get all of the season pass stuff like the extra costumes? I'm downloading the comparability pack right now so maybe that will work.
How do you unlock
Jill
in Raid Mode?

Edit. Dammit figured it out. Shouldn't be too hard. I misunderstood what they were asking.
How? :3

How do you change DLC costumes for the campaign?
I know you couldn't use the costumes for Revelations 1 or 6's sp campaign. Bet you cant here either, :/

Grisby

You can. I saw someone streaming the game's campaign and Claire was wearing her cowgirl DLC costume or whatever it is.
Oh, well that totally cool then man. I don't know how, maybe beat it first? An extra reward that you have to unlock from the extras menu?

Top Bottom