• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

News Bot

Banned
Mind spoiling what the email is about and from whom?

Here's the actual file. Obvious spoilers but nothing huge, it's not directly related to the plot.

E-Mail from Piers to Claire
Dear Claire,

On behalf of our unit, I just wanted to say it was real nice to get to see you the other day. Thank you for taking the time to talk with everyone. The guys really appreciated it.

I know you were surprised by the men's reaction upon first seeing you. Let me explain. When we heard that Terra Save would be arriving on location, well, the men knew that you'd be coming and so they got a bit excited over the idea. They'd only heard stories about you, and since you're the Captain's sister, well...let's just say they were expecting someone more along the lines of his build. I tried to tell them otherwise, but their imaginations got the best of them.

So then when you arrived...well, aside from not being what they expected, we don't get to interact with a lot of pretty women in our line of work, so that's why they had the reaction that they did. Then they had to remember that you're the Captain's sister, and it made them all awkward... I'm sorry about that, ma'am.

You probably saw it for yourself, but we all have a lot of admiration and respect for the captain. In addition to being a very capable leader, he treats us like family. He's an inspiration to us all.

Speaking for the men, we're all looking forward to the chance to work with you again. Our paths may not cross often, and I know you're busy, but it'd be nice to talk every now and then, even through email. Just between you and me, if you have any pictures of the Captain when he was younger, I'd sure love to see them! I hear he was very different back then, but he won't show us anything...

There's a lot more I'd like to say, but it's time to get ready for our next posting. These missions aren't easy, but it's nice to know we've got allies such as your organization backing us up. Keep fighting the good fight.

1LT Piers Nivans
BSAA North American Branch

Neiteio

Here's the actual file. Obvious spoilers but nothing huge, it's not directly related to the plot.
Dat ambiguity.
Sounds like he's indirectly hitting on Claire one moment, then directly hitting on her the next... and then interested in Chris.

BTW, if I download this episodically, will I still have access to all of the content in the end? Or is anything exclusive to the retail version?

Who is the second character you can unlock in Raid Mode?
Is it Leon?

I'll probably double-dip for this game if the eventual Vita port is good. Raid Mode is gonna be killer on the go.

Neiteio

I want to start playing this, but I'm afraid that if I download this episodically, I'll be locked out of certain content. There's nothing exclusive to the retail version, right? I can buy every single piece of RER2 content digitally, right?

Also, how much HDD space will this take up on my PS4?

Shauni

Who is the second character you can unlock in Raid Mode?
Is it Leon?

I'll probably double-dip for this game if the eventual Vita port is good. Raid Mode is gonna be killer on the go.

No,
it's the wire mess character that you walk around before you chose a character. Leon has been found in the files, though, so he'll probably come with one of the three upcoming episodes

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I want to start playing this, but I'm afraid that if I download this episodically, I'll be locked out of certain content. There's nothing exclusive to the retail version, right? I can buy every single piece of RER2 content digitally, right?

The first Ep on PS4 weighs in around 6 gigs.

I think in the end, you will pay more going à la carte. But I'm not sure. You can still buy everything. Wesker is like $2.50 and the map pack is 6 or 7 iirc. Idk, not a huge deal.

Honestly I'm having trouble accessing the map pack that was supposed to be included in my preorder. At this point, almost wish I bought everything separately.

LeonSPBR

Pick the complete edition digital. It only lacks the extra costume, and extra map pack for raid mode and Wesker compared to the retail. And buying the complete edition you get all 4 episode plus 2 extra episodes and HUNK to play in raid mode.

The first episode is 6 gb on PS4 and 3 GB on PS3. Not big at all, kinda small for this amount of content.

Shauni

Base game with extra episodes: $25
Wesker: $2.50
Costumes: $10
Map packs: I don't know, not sure if it's up on the Xbox store or not.

There's also a lot of weapons you have buy for $1-2, but who knows if all of them will be available in the physical pack or not.

AEREC

game runs mostly fine (constant 60fps) for me on PC (i7-870, 8GB RAM, GTX 760 2GB), however I played a raid map this morning that ran at like 20fps. It was the last mission in the first Raid pack (or whatever you call them). I think the map was from Leons segment in RE6 where you defend the apartement.

Game still run like crap after the last patch. Also Raid mode still crashes the game. Funny thing is that the daily missions seems to work fine, but not all the other ones. Still have to start the game while not connected to the internet.

Neiteio

So if I want to download everything meaningful:

- Complete Season (includes two extra chapters, and HUNK)
- Throwback Pack
- Costume Set
- Wesker

...I'm looking at a bill of $42.50 (pre-tax). Not bad. I've loved every RE since RE4, and watching footage, the character movement and shooting alone sells me on the game.

I think I'll download this later. I still have one fish to catch in Majora's Mask 3D, though.

Also tempted to get Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. What a pair that game and this game would make!

Shauni

So if I want to download everything meaningful:

- Complete Season (includes two extra chapters, and HUNK)
- Throwback Pack
- Costume Set
- Wesker

...I'm looking at a bill of $42.50 (pre-tax). Not bad. I've loved every RE since RE4, and watching footage, the character movement and shooting alone sells me on the game.

I think I'll download this later. I still have one fish to catch in Majora's Mask 3D, though.

Also tempted to get Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. What a pair that game and this game would make!

Pretty much, yeah. This is granting that none of the 5 or so weapons you can buy will be pack of the physical release, but YMMV on how much you really care about that.

Neiteio

Pretty much, yeah. This is granting that none of the 5 or so weapons you can buy will be pack of the physical release, but YMMV on how much you really care about that.
If they end up tossing in the weapons in the retail version, that's fine. I won't feel cheated, since I still got early access to the game, at a time I genuinely feel like playing it.

Who knows, when the retail version hits in March I might be obsessed with Bloodborne or Code Name: STEAM. So I think I'll bite now.

I hope the PS4 performance isn't too bad, though. All this talk of games crashing makes me wary, but I gotta have me some RER.

On a side note, from what I've seen, RER2 seems to follow in the tradition of RER1, in that it actually feels more meaningful in terms of plot and characterization. I don't mean in terms of connections to other games (something RER1 didn't focus on, for the most part, but RER2 does). I just mean in terms of actual twists and turns in the story, and developing the personalities of the characters. That seemed to take a backseat in RE4, RE5 and RE6, but the Revelations series does it well.

Korosenai

So apparently I can just buy Wesker for $2.50. He's the only reason I wanted to wait and go physical.

So now I can get the full game and Wesker for only $27.50... not too bad. And I used gift cards to buy it so it's nothing out of my pocket.

Lucent

Seriously? Well that's disappointing for 90 friggin completion medals. Oh well! It'd be cooler if you got to play as a giant chunk of tofu and your only weapon was a powered up knife :p Old school Resident Evil 1 shenanigans!

If anyone was on the fence about buying this, just buy the first episode that's out right now. If you decide you really like it and want to buy the season pass, it goes to $19.99 instead of $24.99 so you only "waste" $5. I'm curious if it would bump the price to $14.99 if I buy the second episode separately.

I'm a bit low on money at the moment and there's a lot coming out in March so that's why I haven't just bought the season pass already.

Where are you seeing the $19.99 upgrade?

Seyavesh

What level are the dlc weapons?

i think they just show up randomly in the store

i didn't realize the throwback weapons were dlc stuff and that's where they've been showing up for me. i haven't gotten a samurai edge (chris/jill style) or a chicago typewriter as a drop yet in raid

i think they just show up randomly in the store

i didn't realize the throwback weapons were dlc stuff and that's where they've been showing up for me. i haven't gotten a samurai edge (chris/jill style) or a chicago typewriter as a drop yet in raid
Are the levels random?

Kouichi

I really liked the first part of Barry's campaign. I loved the whole aspect of switching between Barry and Natalia to get the jump on zombies with stealth or find weak points. I found myself playing as Natalia all time to find items and be constantly aware of potential threats. It was a lot of fun.

Oh and Raid Mode is so damn entertaining goodness gracious. I'm having a blast playing as HUNK.

This game is better than it has any right to be.

I got Dying Light today and I had nowhere near as much fun as I did playing Episode 1 and Raid Mode split-screen.

Just completed Claire's mission, Lol there are more secrets than I thought and they brought back gems!

I really enjoyed this alot, and it's not just the $7 talk =p I think graphical and animation polish aside I thought they did pretty good for this game, and they found a good compromise between RE4 and RE6, even in the controls. The combat encounters are okayish but the big dumb puzzles are great- I facepalmed when I realized I could turn the fire turret AFTER killing the first way conventionally ~_~

The switching between Claire and Moira in mid battle could actually be a viable tactics, especially when you can stun them with Moira's flashlight, combo it with Claire's kick, and finish it with Moira's pipe.

Speaking of Moira, I found her surprisingly endearing =p

I was also surprised that they made the 'Claire Sandwich' line worked XD

P.S - Also, thanks whoever you are for mentioning that you can switch to laser sight aiming XD

Manu

Barry's chapter in Countdown mode is fucking impossible. And the checkpoints suck too.

It autosaved with me in the power room with only 3 seconds left. I can't do anything in that time.

So stupid.

Replicant

Thanks man. Sneaky Piers. :p One minute he was all bla bla bla, the team thinks you're awesome Claire and the next thing you know he gets to his real intention: asking for pics of Chris. lol

Rocketz

I wish the laser sight wouldn't disappear when you fire. It bugs me.

QkX6NiE.gif

Shauni

Barry's chapter in Countdown mode is fucking impossible. And the checkpoints suck too.

It autosaved with me in the power room with only 3 seconds left. I can't do anything in that time.

So stupid.

Yeah, I went over to Invisible Mode after a few attempts. I'll try to do it later, but it sucks.

Manu

Watching a friend play and looks like Pedro, Gabe and Leon are the Episode 2 Raid Characters

I'm guessing those are the guys that show up in the Ep 2 preview?

I think it should be spoiler tagged if they are.

I'm seriously considering not coming into this thread anymore until Ep 4 is out...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has raid mode frozen while loading for anyone else?

Yup, but it's off and on. Disabling the internet on my ps4 fixes it if it crops up but makes me unable to do the daily mission.

Hope they patch that quickly.

The laser kinda sucks when you're aiming at something bright because it's hard to see where it's pointing.

I've noticed this too. It's just about impossible to tell if the sight is over those fire covered enemies.

So stupid.

Lol, yup. I got stuck in the same room with 10 seconds left. Claire's was not hard at all but I have no idea where he has another time crystal.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I prefer the crosshair... just wish it was smaller.

Usually I'm 100% laser sight... but it's weird in this game. Feels too long and off-center. Idk.

Edit: Btw can you skip the fire part in countdown mode like you can in normal campaign? Just don't turn it on as Claire and stroll right through the door as Barry, skipping the entire control room section?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hope a FOV slider is either patched or modded in. Really enjoying this game though, really surprised to be honest. Just got to Barry last night.

Also, it's odd--I was getting mega stuttering/frame drops early on--but now its buttery smooth. No idea why.

Vamphuntr

I replayed the campaign and got all the collectibles. Some of the skills are really OP. The charging melee, the run with the knife and the Claire/Barry follow-up attacks are really nice since once an enemy is down you insta kill them with the button prompt.

Top Bottom