• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

I don't fnd either Hollow Or Vapid really, The big problem with Chris a lot seem to have is he doesn't have a personality, and I tend to actually disagree with this.

A personal opinion I can't and won't argue with. You're entitled to that. I like Chris and Jill about the same, myself.

Audette

Im assuming it's just finish the episode first which will then unlock raid mode.

Fair enough, I was just hoping there was come more concrete info about it.

The game being episodic I can't help but wonder how the raid mode difficulty stays consistent between episode releases for our levelled up characters... will it be the same with 3 difficulty levels and you can just walk through the lower levels of difficulty on the next episode, or is each episode raid maps going to be higher and higher difficulty by lvl like the first game...

I don't want to spoil too much for myself, so I haven't seen may videos that may have revealed this info.

Beth Cyra

A personal opinion I can't and won't argue with. You're entitled to that. I like Chris and Jill about the same, myself.

Fair enough.

And I actually wouldn't want Jill not being here. I know a lot of people LOVE Jill, and I am actually happy for them. I had hoped that each Ep would cover previous games with Chris, Jill, and Wesker being added and so on for each major character in the game.

Hopefully I'll get it and if not I still don't have a single complaint about the 25 I spent. Heck I would be okay if Chris was a paid piece of DLC and I paid more then 25 for the total package.

Audette

Fair enough.

And I actually wouldn't want Jill not being here. I know a lot of people LOVE Jill, and I am actually happy for them. I had hoped that each Ep would cover previous games with Chris, Jill, and Wesker being added and so on for each major character in the game.

Hopefully I'll get it and if not I still don't have a single complaint about the 25 I spent. Heck I would be okay if Chris was a paid piece of DLC and I paid more then 25 for the total package.

I could see them doing that. I wonder if they will use RE 6 style Leon...

also I hope the retro maps aren't just locations from 4, 5, and 6... I wanna see the mansion and police dept. or streets of raccoon...ugh I'm a sucker for the first 3 games

PooBone

I'm gonna wait until at least the second or third episodes are out. Resident Evil hasn't been scary (or interesting imo) in a long time. I DO really appreciate that they're releasing these in weekly installments, rather than the monthly/six-weeks/maybe sometime? way that Telltale and other studios release their episodic games. Can't stand that shit. I come back to a game and have no clue what's going on because I only played one hour of it a month and a half ago. /rant

Beth Cyra

Are we looking at RE 4/5 mechanics here or RE 6? Definitely on board for the latter.

4/5 With melee elements added in from 6 is what I've seen posted. Pretty much everything I've seen seems to be pretty much Rev 1, so 4/5 and haven't seen much on the Melee stuff.

I'm one of those who really enjoyed the first Revelations,
(on Wii U :/ Capcom, why hast thou forsaken me?)
it was exactly what I needed at the time. I'm looking forward to the Vita version, hope we get news on that soon.

Reebot

4/5 With melee elements added in from 6 is what I've seen posted. Pretty much everything I've seen seems to be pretty much Rev 1 so 4/5 and haven't seen much on the Melee stuff.

Hmm, well RE 4/5 are great and rev 1 was a fun enough time so that's not too bad. I do wish we'd get more games with re 6 gameplay, free from that terrible campaign.

Audette

Are we looking at RE 4/5 mechanics here or RE 6? Definitely on board for the latter.

It's a bit of a hybrid I would say but it's closer to 4 and 5. At least that's what the first one was and what little footage I have seen of the second one.

Of course the pacing of combat is going to vary wildly from story campaign, difficulty and raid mode (again by difficulty too) so it may not have the type of encounters or pacing that 6 had.

dan2026

If ever a game was a poster child for 'wait for the reviews', its this one.

I have no idea what to expect. But I don't anticipate great things.

How do you pre-load this thing? I have it pre-ordered from US store but my PS3 doesn't turn itelf on and start downloading anything.

I've set autodownloads on, set the correct account to be primary, set a download time.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How do you pre-load this thing? I have it pre-ordered from US store but my PS3 doesn't turn itelf on and start downloading anything.

I've set autodownloads on, set the correct account to be primary, set a download time.

I noticed that it's not available to preorder on PS3.

Oh wow, I had no idea this game was episodic and only $25. That's pretty awesome! I really want the cross buy and HUNK, so I'm buying the complete season right now.

How fun is Raid Mode? I heard so many good things when Revelations 1 was released.

Raid Mode is fun when it gets a lot more difficult (crazy enemy replacements with high health in different sizes) and once you get to customize abilities and weapons to your own liking. The big bonus is that there is no time limit (unless you go for the highest medals) which makes it a more relaxed experience. Personally I like Mercenaries more but Raid mode is fun as you get to revisit locations with different new objectives. Which is awesome opposed to feeling constrained to some arena (mercenaries) where you run in circles.

So overall if the campaign is a bit lackluster there is always a lot of fun to be had with Raid which makes the game still worth a purchase.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well it is, because I did it last week.

It even gives me a message about it being set to pre-load, except as I said, it doesn't.

I believe you but if you look at the game on ps3 now it doesn't show anything so they might have technical difficulty.

I believe you but if you look at the game on ps3 now it doesn't show anything so they might have technical difficulty.

Yeah apparently others are having the same problem. This my first pre-order from PSN so assumed I was the cause of the cock up.

Error code 80025B07 when it tries, googling it just finds people complaining about various other PSN content not preloading right.

Ricker

There is no pre-load,its pre-order but the game will download at midnight(EST)....mine is sitting there with a timer on the PS4 anyway...

Moosehole

There is no pre-load,its pre-order but the game will download at midnight(EST)....mine is sitting there with a timer on the PS4 anyway...
I already have mine pre-loaded on PS4. Check in your library if your system didn't start downloading the game already on it's own.

My £20 s ready for this, I just hope they are able to keep to their release time-frame for the episodes.

If they can successfully pull it off, it puts more pressure on the likes of Telltales to actually have a set time-frame for episodes and actually keep to it. Life is Strange is pretty much the extreme of what I expect in terms of episodic gaming where each episode is out six weeks after the last.

Ricker

I already have mine pre-loaded on PS4. Check in your library if your system didn't start downloading the game already on it's own.

I see it there but there is a lock on it...nothing tells me it downloaded,but maybe it is ready lol...I might try and stay up after midnight a bit just to play it,lets see if it starts downloading then...anyway 6 GIG will let me play pretty fast.

I see it there but there is a lock on it...nothing tells me it downloaded,but maybe it is ready lol...I might try and stay up after midnight a bit just to play it,lets see if it starts downloading then...anyway 6 GIG will let me play pretty fast.
Press options on the game on the main screen. It shows the download status and game size.

jtar86

Any one else having trouble with pre-load on Ps4? It gives me a error message when I try to download. I've tried from the store, my library and from the website and nothing works.
Edit:Fixed it by deactivating my system, then reactivating it and restoring licences.

That shouldn't be a problem as I already have all of them. :D Including the two extra episodes.

Well damn. Now I'm even more hyped, but also wondering why they don't just release all of them tomorrow.

Ah well.

So about those two bonus episodes. Anything you can share that doesn't break your NDA?

Any impressions you can give us without breaking NDA?

Personally I want to know when the embargo lifts and if the whole game can be reviewed as a whole when it does.

For our site, will be doing impressions when each episode drops, culminating in a final review for the whole package on the day of the 4th episode being released in March. I'd assume most sites will do the same.

As for impressions, I can't say much but I am curious to see what folks think of the quality of these episodes and their price, along with the RAID mode. My experience has been surprising, take that as you will.

Well damn. Now I'm even more hyped, but also wondering why they don't just release all of them tomorrow.

Ah well.

So about those two bonus episodes. Anything you can share that doesn't break your NDA?

I just think with the stlye they had going in the first Revelations, it made sense to give it a weekly mini series release. A week gives you time to talk to your friends about the episde, play more RAID mode, and then get ready for the next seeing as they leave you on cliffhangers much like the first games epidoes, except now for thos playing perelease, will have to truly wait on the edge of their seats. :D I couldn't say much about those two missions if I wanted to... BUT honestly I haven't touched them yet as I'm still working on the main episodes. I don't wanna risk spoiling anything.

Top Bottom