• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

So I will only be able to buy the retail version once all the chapters have been released digitally correct?

How stupid! The game doesn't even look that great but i'm pretty starved for games atm and love Resi games (except 6). It's probably going to be crap but i'm hoping for some good reviews.

So I will only be able to buy the retail version once all the chapters have been released digitally correct?

How stupid! The game doesn't even look that great but i'm pretty starved for games atm and love Resi games (except 6). It's probably going to be crap but i'm hoping for some good reviews.

Even if the game is really fun and offers a legit amount of content for the money it still won't get good reviews.

Yes, and why is it stupid? Would you prefer retail owners spoil the game for digital owners waiting for the next episodes?

joe2187

Banned
So by 8PM PST I should be able to play?

11009096_10205346807496892_5721822461864174852_n.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So if we buy it digitally, we can never play as Wesker?

Yes, and why is it stupid? Would you prefer retail owners spoil the game for digital owners waiting for the next episodes?

Who's spoiling what? How are retail owners going to interfere with digital purchases? It's stupid because the game should just come out when it's released in full. Fuck this dribs and drabs shit. Whoever is buying it episodically is going to be missing out on heaps of content it seems. All these digital options are making game purchases so convoluted and fragmented imo.

Ooccoo

Remember when costumes and special modes were given to players for actually achieving stuff in the game?

Manu

Remember when costumes and special modes were given to players for actually achieving stuff in the game?

RE5, 6 and the first Revelations have unlockable costumes for achieving stuff in the game.

I don't see why Revelations 2 wouldn't.

Who's spoiling what? How are retail owners going to interfere with digital purchases? It's stupid because the game should just come out when it's released in full. Fuck this dribs and drabs shit. Whoever is buying it episodically is going to be missing out on heaps of content it seems. All these digital options are making game purchases so convoluted and fragmented imo.

No they aren't.

You want all the episodes, buy the complete pack and get each episode as they come out. Want to try it? Buy the first episode.

Do you have any remote idea of how episodic games work or are you just kneejerking because you didn't get what you wanted?

You may want to reboot the ps4, it may help it engage the download.

I can't figure out how to engage it really. I go to my library, and it just shows "Start" when I click on it. When it says it can't find the application, it takes me to the PS store page for the game, and it just brings up a countdown, but no download option.

-MD-

Either play each episode weekly when they release or wait a month and buy them all at once.

It's really just that simple.

Beth Cyra

I can't figure out how to engage it really. I go to my library, and it just shows "Start" when I click on it. When it says it can't find the application, it takes me to the PS store page for the game, and it just brings up a countdown, but no download option.
I think that is because its set up as auto detect thing. I kicked mine in by disconnecting my ether net cable and plugging it back in.

I think that is because its set up as auto detect thing. I kicked mine in by disconnecting my ether net cable and plugging it back in.

I wish my PS4 was close enough to the router to do that, lol. I have to settle on wifi, and it's kinda hard to just unplug it and replug it. I did turn it off and back on like you suggested, but no luck.

Jingo

I know right. Still doesn't make it right to offer it in the first place.

Why not? Gaming is about having fun , back in the days the developers had way more respect for us, cause they know we loved gaming and they showed that respect by suporting us as we suport them, now they just see us as numbers, its all about the money, ask yourselves, how many times had you been disrespected in the last years with unfinished games, microtransations and shit, compared to the early years?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So if I only want to play the campaign and don't plan on playing Raid at all, I should just get the $25 pack right?

How do I preload this game? Bought it and is not letting me. Is not in the download section either. First time this ever happened for pre-loading a game.

Why not? Gaming is about having fun , back in the days the developers had way more respect for us, cause they know we loved gaming and they showed that respect by suporting us as we suport them, now they just see us as numbers, its all about the money, ask yourselves, how many times had you been disrespected in the last years with unfinished games, microtransations and shit, compared to the early years?

Well, considering a large amount of arcade ports weren't balanced in order to keep kids renting the game and playing, and how many terrible clones used to capitalize on the success of few great titles, and having to buy a whole new copy for a few fixes/updates (Final Fight says hi with its lack of co-op on the SNES), I'd say developers have been seeing us as cash droves for a good long while now.

Same shit, different smell, but if you want to debate this, take it elsewhere.

Either play each episode weekly when they release or wait a month and buy them all at once.

It's really just that simple.

No they aren't.

You want all the episodes, buy the complete pack and get each episode as they come out. Want to try it? Buy the first episode.

Do you have any remote idea of how episodic games work or are you just kneejerking because you didn't get what you wanted?

So what if I buy the first episode and I like it? I'm gonna end up paying more for the rest of the content to buy it seperately or i'm going to have to buy the compelte package and end up paying double for the first episode that I tried.

It's not simple, its convoluted crap and episodic games should just go away. This isn't a fucking tv show. But if there are sheep willing to accept these sorts of game design practices then who am I to argue? Carry on.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So if I only want to play the campaign and don't plan on playing Raid at all, I should just get the $25 pack right?

I know, but it seems the $40 pack comes with a bunch of extras for raid mode.

Correct, most of the stuff in the $40 pack are for Raid Mode. The only stuff that doesn't get included with the $25 pack that is in the $40 pack that aren't just for Raid Mode would be:

-The costumes.
-If you pre-order the PC version at least, you get the Sampling Soundtrack and a digital artbook, not sure for the other releases).

The rest of it is for Raid Mode.

So what if I buy the first episode and I like it? I'm gonna end up paying more for the rest of the content to buy it seperately or i'm going to have to buy the compelte package and end up paying double for the first episode that I tried.

It's not simple, its convoluted crap and episodic games should just go away. This isn't a fucking tv show. But if there are sheep willing to accept these sorts of game design practices then who am I to argue? Carry on.

Sounds like if you are hesitant, I dunno, just wait for people to give impressions and decide then like any other video game out there? Or wait? It's like a month, nobody is forcing you to pay more.

Also, sick slight at people who enjoy it. I mean, using the word "sheep" totally shows people how much of a discussion you'll contribute, right up there with lizardmen and illuminati talks.

Shauni

If it's not simple, how is it that you're able to break it down so poetically if your first paragraph?

I'm going to enjoy my episodic games and my non-reptillian royal family and my moon landing.

I am part of the sheeple.

15 extra dollars just for raid mode stuff and Wesker. Ehh...I'd just buy the SP instead if I knew how much Wesker will be later on.

If it's not simple, how is it that you're able to break it down so poetically if your first paragraph?

maxresdefault.jpg

Because he woke up!

Back on topic, I hope the second player isn't completely gimped for co-op. I don't mind it as much for the AI, but my girlfriend can't aim for shit/play these games for shit and I don't want the only support to be a flashlight.

tav7623

How do I preload this game? Bought it and is not letting me. Is not in the download section either. First time this ever happened for pre-loading a game.

Don't know about the other versions, but if you are in NA then the PS3 version should now be in your download list (Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List) as it showed up (in 3 parts....Resident Evil Revelations 2, Revelations 2: Episode 1, & Throwback Map Pack) on mine about 35 - 45 mins ago.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can't preliad here either. I get a download button next the the item in the store, but is gives me an error when I press it.

PS4.

Top Bottom