• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Ricker

Personally I want to know when the embargo lifts and if the whole game can be reviewed as a whole when it does.

Ah,thats a good question...maybe they should wait,go one week at a time to go along with the game series,you know like a weekly TV show...

For our site, will be doing impressions when each episode drops, culminating in a final review for the whole package on the day of the 4th episode being released in March. I'd assume most sites will do the same.

As for impressions, I can't say much but I am curious to see what folks think of the quality of these episodes and their price, along with the RAID mode. My experience has been surprising, take that as you will.

Yeah,that makes sense ;)

I'm calling it, Gina dosn't die, she's faking her own death to pull the strings from the shadows and plays with Claire and Moira in a deadly game full of traps*

*Totally original plot

Jawmuncher

Wait a minute I jut remembered the Flashback Map Pack is like a straight rip from RE6 maps.
Wonder if that means RE6 versions of characters. Would love RE6 Leon Shanghai look.

Also if reviewers got all episodes they will know all the raid characters already. Wonder when we'll see a full list.

I just think with the stlye they had going in the first Revelations, it made sense to give it a weekly mini series release. A week gives you time to talk to your friends about the episde, play more RAID mode, and then get ready for the next seeing as they leave you on cliffhangers much like the first games epidoes, except now for thos playing perelease, will have to truly wait on the edge of their seats. :D I couldn't say much about those two missions if I wanted to... BUT honestly I haven't touched them yet as I'm still working on the main episodes. I don't wanna risk spoiling anything.

Thanks for the response.

One last question and no problem if you can't answer, roughly how long are the episodes?

Are we talking hour long each? Possibly longer?

Wasp

Looks good until it suddenly goes into scaled down letterbox split screen crap, ugh.

I wish developers would stop doing this, just give us the extra FOV instead of shoving 40% black areas on the screen.
I fully agree.

If the game had proper 50/50 splitscreen I would have bought it in a heartbeat to play with my co-op buddy. But neither of us want to play it in tiny windows so Capcom have just lost $25.

Nasser

Can I buy the episodes separately each week? I was searching the PSN store and only found the complete Season for $24.99. I'm really confused with this kind of weird release :\

Beth Cyra

Wait a minute I jut remembered the Flashback Map Pack is like a straight rip from RE6 maps.
Wonder if that means RE6 versions of characters. Would love RE6 Leon Shanghai look.

Also if reviewers got all episodes they will know all the raid characters already. Wonder when we'll see a full list.
Would love RE6 Leon but I really don't want RE6 Chris, I'm hoping for RE5.

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted...

small preview of the extra costumes in the costume pack for RE:Revelations 2...they are definitely ....something

f65b9c1f1be66c54ef8ffff5447a9222.png

That would be good. I'm guessing Leon, Sherry and Ada could be present.

Kadin

Because of the price point and the way they're releasing the episodes, do most feel this won't be considered a full fledged game like past RE games or do you think there will be a comparable amount of content?

Whenever I think of RE, I think of RE4 and 5 and smile. Then I think of RE6 and get sad. Never played Revelations as RE6 was the last game I played. But this pricing intrigues me even though I'd probably just end up buying all of it.

Vamphuntr

Booo give me my key GMG I want to preload.

I'm excited for this. I think it's the right game for Capcom to make crazy experiments. It's only 25$ and a spinoff so I prefer they do their experimentation here instead of RE7.

Just so I understand this, the $25 pack doesn't come with the two bonus episodes just the Complete Season (which according to the PSN store page, is $38)?

Vamphuntr

The 40$ version has
-Wesker
-Raid Mode throwback map pack
-Bonus Costumes
-Digital Soundtrack and artbook (at least the PC version)

Kadin

Now I'm confused on what exactly I need to buy to get everything. I'm probably buying on XB1 if that matters.

Because of the price point and the way they're releasing the episodes, do most feel this won't be considered a full fledged game like past RE games or do you think there will be a comparable amount of content?

Whenever I think of RE, I think of RE4 and 5 and smile. Then I think of RE6 and get sad. Never played Revelations as RE6 was the last game I played. But this pricing intrigues me even though I'd probably just end up buying all of it.

I suppose it depends on your perspective. I'm guessing the episodes total like 8 hours plus raid mode which is a ridiculous amount of content. Personally with the price and the presentation I wouldn't consider it a full-fledged game.

Of course considering the way people talk about this game in comparison to other RE's you'd think it was a full fledged title :p

Astral Dog

Well Revelations was a polished, handheld game, at least, its somewhat comparable to RE 5.
What difference there is between it and the episodic REV 2 we don't know.

I did it with the 25%off offer they had for this game back then. Got it for 30$é

yeah that was a better deal, I missed out on that because I wasnt sure I wanted to buy it

on the plus side I saw a post on steam saying that if you preorder complete edition you get the artbook not just at steam but other sites offering steam, so was worth it for me

Ah, okay. Forgive me, there are two versions of Complete Season it would seem. One for $24.99 which comes with the additional two episodes and the $39.99 one which has the rest of the content (additional outfits and such).

Edit: Speaking primarily of digital (not retail).
I though the $40 version was the retail version set to release after all the episodes are out. Is there a $40 digital version?

I keep getting an error on ps4 when i try to preload. I tried to restore license and re activate my ps4 but i still get the error.

I wanted to play this tonight. :(

Top Bottom