• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

jediyoshi

Oh man the craziness in raid miss has me excited for the future of Mercs. Really hope for that mode the ideas here are present.

Mercs needs to stay a score attack focused mode. At most I'd see customizable loadouts, but anything that introduces leveling skills would fundamentally change the mode.

Ralemont

not me
Mercs needs to stay a score attack focused mode. At most I'd see customizable loadouts, but anything that introduces leveling skills would fundamentally change the mode.

I think Jaw is mostly referencing the crazy character-specific skills we're seeing pop up for Leon and Chris.

Vamphuntr

One of the very hard raid mission is hilarious. Enemies explode when they die and you can't use revive crystal. It was pretty tense.

Jawmuncher

I meant more about the characters and stages from multiple games. Unique special moves, gestures and all that.

Gameplay stuff that makes raid mode raid can stay In place. I want my mercs to just be score attack as you say.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Friend of mine says a friend of hers is playing Ep2 on PS4 atm... hmmm.

Jawmuncher

Mercs needs an unlimited time survival mode
and removal of the stupid time pick-ups.

I don't think so. If you're good a unlimited survival would never end until you choose to let yourself die. Otherwise it would have to become no mercy mode to really swarm the player. And while that's fun it's not quite mercs either.

Ooccoo

Bought this not too long ago and the campaign had potential until you actually fight monsters. It's like there's no feedback from bullets and the zombies are just terribly designed. Kinda reminded me of RE5 in that department. I made it to the "cog scene" and just stopped playing. That's not what I want in this series. I'll probably pick it up again soon but I absolutely hate the encounters, they feel botched.

I need to start Raid mode soon and probably stick to that.

Shauni

could have sworn that Sony's deal to get this earlier was for all the episodes and not just the first one...if not then my bad

I'm going by Wiki, so I don't know if that is inaccurate, but they have every version coming out on the same day from now on, Wednesdays.

Neiteio

Eh, I've been using Moira with her ammo-on-kill and it makes having additional weapon slots a bit pointless. If you find a gun you really like you can take only that, with the benefit of crates always giving you the ammo you need. I'm using a shotgun with Moira and a handgun for triggering follow-ups and she rocks people. Handguns would be a lot better if it only took one headshot to stun, though. Always takes two so I usually just end up shotgunning people in the face instead.

Bought her Urban Ninja outfit, too. Part of the problem but regret nothing.
Dude, Urban Ninja Moira is LEGIT. Artfully crafted silliness/shamelessness. The bleeding-edge in cheesecake. Apologize for nothing.

And now I'm certain I'll start leveling up Moira. I was looking for more excuses to use that outfit. Does she have this ammo-on-kill skill by default? Does she have enough skill slots to equip that alongside the smoke bottles, the fast knifing and the chargeable melee?

Currently mainly Claire (usually in her Rodeo outfit, but I like her default outfit, as well). Upgrading the exploding bottles and the ice bottles gives you more of them, which is great.

Manu

I'm going by Wiki, so I don't know if that is inaccurate, but they have every version coming out on the same day from now on, Wednesdays.

First episode was released last Tuesday and then supposedly we'd get one episode every following Tuesday, with the fourth episode hitting March 17th, the day the physical edition comes out.

It should release today.

Kssio_Aug

Bought this not too long ago and the campaign had potential until you actually fight monsters. It's like there's no feedback from bullets and the zombies are just terribly designed. Kinda reminded me of RE5 in that department. I made it to the "cog scene" and just stopped playing. That's not what I want in this series. I'll probably pick it up again soon but I absolutely hate the encounters, they feel botched.

You mean the big metal-head enemies? Its a good idea to shoot them in the legs with a shotgun and stab then in the ground.

But at that intense cog scene you can just hide below the blades trap and call their attention there, easy pie.

The next episode however
youre gonna have to deal with some enemies with hidden weak spots that can be quite tricky sometimes.

Neiteio

Tip for the cog scene: You're supposed to grab and turn around the flamethrower (the dome-like structure in the middle of the room — easy to overlook under pressure) and then turn the nearby valve to torch the doorway, frying the enemies who attempt to enter. This gives you abundant time to pry off the planks covering the door that leads to the end of the scenario.

Alternatively, you can do what I did in this video: CLICK

Also, the enemies do have good feedback, but you have to know where to shoot them in order to trip them, daze them, etc. If nothing else, you can rely on your bullets interrupting their attacks, unless they're in mid-jump, at which point they gain super-armor under most circumstances.

Shauni

First episode was released last Tuesday and then supposedly we'd get one episode every following Tuesday, with the fourth episode hitting March 17th, the day the physical edition comes out.

It should release today.

Like I said, I'm going by Wiki. It may be inaccurate but I've not read anything else counter to it.

FaintDeftone

Does anyone know how these two "bonus" chapters will work if you purchased the game on an episode by episode basis? So would I essentially have to purchase the game again at the season pass price in order to get those or can I upgrade in some fashion?

Shauni

Does anyone know how these two "bonus" chapters will work if you purchased the game on an episode by episode basis? So would I essentially have to purchase the game again at the season pass price in order to get those or can I upgrade in some fashion?

They'll probably just be up individually at some point like all the other bonus content.

Kssio_Aug

I think you cant get them buying episodes alone. But the Season pass is the upgrade. It doesnt include the Episode 1 and its price is somehow disccounted because of that. In the end if you buy EP1 and Season Pass is almost the same as buying that avarage pack that contains all episodes and Hunk.

Manu

It's still coming today to PSN according to Capcom Unity:

If you've purchased the Complete Season, you'll be able to download Episode 2 starting Tuesday afternoon / early evening (PST) on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. Steam players should see the episode go live around 9-10pm PST, and Xbox 360 owners should be able to download very early Wednesday morning (PST).

If you bought Episode 1 on its own, you're still able to pick up the Season Pass for just $20 within the in-game store and get E2~4, two bonus episodes and Hunk for Raid Mode.

The disc version launches on March 17 (NA) and March 20 (EU).

ok..hopefully this is the last dumb question I have to ask on here...

Do you have to refill ammo/herbs before each mission or do you always start with a set amount?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Resident Evil 5 also is the midweek sale today, and it sounds like GFWL gets patched out of the game today and the DLC (Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, Versus, Mercenaries Reunion, couple new costumes) get added to it as well.

Vamphuntr

Resident Evil 5 also is the midweek sale today, and it sounds like GFWL gets patched out of the game today and the DLC (Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, Versus, Mercenaries Reunion, couple new costumes) get added to it as well.

If I buy this do I get the non GFWL for free? I have it on 360 but would much prefer the PC version.

jyoung188

Hell yeah awesome news if true. Can't wait to play the dlc and mercenaries on pc since my PS3 died as I was going through that content on the console version.

FaintDeftone

I think you cant get them buying episodes alone. But the Season pass is the upgrade. It doesnt include the Episode 1 and its price is somehow disccounted because of that. In the end if you buy EP1 and Season Pass is almost the same as buying that avarage pack that contains all episodes and Hunk.

At this point I should just get the season pass then. I like the game enough. No wonder I didn't see this because it is apparently only in the in-game store.

Ralemont

not me
Dude, Urban Ninja Moira is LEGIT. Artfully crafted silliness/shamelessness. The bleeding-edge in cheesecake. Apologize for nothing.

And now I'm certain I'll start leveling up Moira. I was looking for more excuses to use that outfit. Does she have this ammo-on-kill skill by default? Does she have enough skill slots to equip that alongside the smoke bottles, the fast knifing and the chargeable melee?

Currently mainly Claire (usually in her Rodeo outfit, but I like her default outfit, as well). Upgrading the exploding bottles and the ice bottles gives you more of them, which is great.

I'm actually not sure if it's a native skill for her, since I didn't know about inheritance until perusing this thread today. I do know I'm level ~12 and I have ammo-on-kill and both her melee skills equipped along with smoke bombs.

As for Claire, I'm holding out for RE2/CV alt costumes plsplspls.

Personally I really enjoy the flashlight ---> Claire follow-up ---> Moira crowbar finish combo. The guns I could take or leave but I think the partner mechanics in this game are done really well. I was wondering what the fuck the point of Natalia pointing to enemies was until I did Invisible Mode. SO MUCH EASIER than Claire/Moira Invisible Mode.

Question for anyone: are the horror stories about knife-only trophy as bad as I've heard? If your AI partner uses something else you're screwed?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If I buy this do I get the non GFWL for free? I have it on 360 but would much prefer the PC version.

Wait a small bit, as the update isn't live yet, but Steam subs have popped in, Steam's official Facebook just posted the GFWL-less and DLC for RE5 'is out now!', and the Store's page changed to reflect it, so looks like it's about to happen.

It sounds like the Gold Edition content may be separate. If you bought it, you would be updated, but I think it's best to wait a sec to see the DLC situation if you're interested in the DLC (which you should be, Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and Mercenaries Reunion are all very good).

Vamphuntr

Wait a small bit, as the update isn't live yet, but Steam subs have popped in, Steam's official Facebook just posted the GFWL-less and DLC for RE5 'is out now!', and the Store's page changed to reflect it, so looks like it's about to happen.

It sounds like the Gold Edition content may be separate. If you bought it, you would be updated, but I think it's best to wait a sec to see the DLC situation if you're interested in the DLC (which you should be, Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and Mercenaries Reunion are all very good).

Ok! Thanks. I'll wait till the whole complete package is out before buying.

from the Steam store page now...

Content Description
This game is a port of the Games for Windows - Live version that was released in 2009. If you buy the Untold Stories Bundle here on Steam, it will be the same as upgrading to Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

Seyavesh

I thing I cannot stand about the game is how monsters can grab you around a corner at times.

this alongside enemies being able to grab you right out of your OTG attacks as they end (due to how long grabs are active for some enemies) is really irritating

that there are levels designed with a lot of sharp corners as a method of creating tension makes this especially annoying. i'd really like that aspect if it weren't for enemies being able to straight up phase through corners to grab you at times

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm actually not sure if it's a native skill for her, since I didn't know about inheritance until perusing this thread today. I do know I'm level ~12 and I have ammo-on-kill and both her melee skills equipped along with smoke bombs.

As for Claire, I'm holding out for RE2/CV alt costumes plsplspls.

Personally I really enjoy the flashlight ---> Claire follow-up ---> Moira crowbar finish combo. The guns I could take or leave but I think the partner mechanics in this game are done really well. I was wondering what the fuck the point of Natalia pointing to enemies was until I did Invisible Mode. SO MUCH EASIER than Claire/Moira Invisible Mode.

Question for anyone: are the horror stories about knife-only trophy as bad as I've heard? If your AI partner uses something else you're screwed?

I'm not positive about the AI but you should always control Claire and Barry just in case(though if Natalia throws a brick I have no idea if that counts against you). The main part about it that's evil is melee attacks ruin the run, and since it's mapped to the same button as the knife it can be really easy to hit the prompt by accident.

Kssio_Aug

thanks...I played the Daily last night and it asked if I wanted to start with the max amount of consumables before the mission and the Store sells ammunition so I wasn't sure

My hint is to always pay to max your inventory. It will make your life easier and the mission conclusion will easily compensate the ammount you wasted.

Kssio_Aug

Did they confirmed the release date for online co-op? Also they confirmed if there will be matchmaking or any system to play with randoms?

Top Bottom