• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Haha, yeah, it effectively changed every character to only having 5 passive slots, because I can't see any reason why you wouldn't want it on everyone

The thing is... dodge already cancels reload. So... idk.

I like your moving on after melee damage has be registered, but I'm having hard time thinking any other time this would be helpful.

That is so fucking lame, they should be pushing that stuff at midnight like they did with the initial release for season pass owners.

Adjusted for accuracy.

Seyavesh

dodge canceling honestly isn't that great besides getting out of OTGs as fast as possible. except the most common otg attack, the knife stab, is super slow to hit so it's not great for most of the characters anyways
the reloading faster thing can just be done by switching your weapons really fast when the number changes since there's no startup delay on when you can start shooting when you switch to a gun, no need to waste it on a dodge that might actually take longer

marhawa desire was ok as it brought into existence a panel of chris redfield decking a dog so hard that it's eyes explode out of it's head in the very first volume

also i guess it's a pretty okay tie-in/prequel/lead-up to RE6

has anyone tried out using claire's shield passive yet? i'm wondering if it's inheritable and if i should get it to stick onto hunk since he has like no skills worth investing into anyways beyond weapon masteries

Evolved1

dodge canceling honestly isn't that great besides getting out of OTGs as fast as possible. except the most common otg attack, the knife stab, is super slow to hit so it's not great for most of the characters anyways

marhawa desire was ok as it brought into existence a panel of chris redfield decking a dog so hard that it's eyes explode out of it's head in the very first volume

also i guess it's a pretty okay tie-in/prequel/lead-up to RE6

has anyone tried out using claire's shield passive yet? i'm wondering if it's inheritable and if i should get it to stick onto hunk since he has like no skills worth investing into anyways beyond weapon masteries

This is one... of the greatest sentences. Ever typed.

edit: Her shield is okay. I find life stealer on weapons does the same thing, but better. You'd be better off with her health buff, since life stealer is a % of total health. Basically... life stealer.

joe2187

Banned
Thanks Dusk Golem for the manga descriptions, Im going to check out the first two. The Zombie High school sounds like an interesting one.

Ralemont

not me
Wich are your favorite Raid characters?

Since yesterday I had only Barry and Claire. I bought Season Pass and finished Episode One, so now I have unlocked Moira, Gina and Hunk aswell.

Hunk just seems like the best character early on. He has the 4 weapon slots opened from start, and that invisibility ability that can help a lot either. Have not tried Gina and Moira though.

Im thinking about buying Wesker.

Eh, I've been using Moira with her ammo-on-kill and it makes having additional weapon slots a bit pointless. If you find a gun you really like you can take only that, with the benefit of crates always giving you the ammo you need. I'm using a shotgun with Moira and a handgun for triggering follow-ups and she rocks people. Handguns would be a lot better if it only took one headshot to stun, though. Always takes two so I usually just end up shotgunning people in the face instead.

Bought her Urban Ninja outfit, too. Part of the problem but regret nothing.

Kssio_Aug

Eh, I've been using Moira with her ammo-on-kill and it makes having additional weapon slots a bit pointless. If you find a gun you really like you can take only that, with the benefit of crates always giving you the ammo you need. I'm using a shotgun with Moira and a handgun for triggering follow-ups and she rocks people. Handguns would be a lot better if it only took one headshot to stun, though. Always takes two so I usually just end up shotgunning people in the face instead.

Bought her Urban Ninja outfit, too. Part of the problem but regret nothing.

This ammo-on-kill skill is placed in wich characters? This and Wesker's evade skill seems to be by far the best skills in the game.

Also, if I inherit a skill the original user lose it? Can the skill be transfered to all characters so all of them carry this same skill?

Evolved1

This ammo-on-kill skill is placed in wich characters? This and Wesker's evade skill seems to be by far the best skills in the game.

Also, if I inherit a skill the original user lose it? Can the skill be transfered to all characters so all of them carry this same skill?

Inheriting skills works like this:

• All players receive access to the skill.
  • If a skill is owned already by a particular character, but locked by a level gate, it becomes immediately available.
  • After gaining access to the skill, other players must "purchase" it and level it with SP as normal.

Kssio_Aug

Inheriting skills works like this:

• All players receive access to the skill.
  • If a skill is owned already by a particular character, but locked by a level gate, it becomes immediately available.
  • After gaining access to the skill, other players must "purchase" it and level it with SP as normal.

Thats awesome! Thanks a lot!
I may try to inherit Wesker's evade skill and Hunk's ammo-on-kill and invisibility. ^^

Pilgrimzero

I use Hunk. Having 4 weapons has been so helpful. Not to mention the invis ability. Usual load out is:

Pistol
Assault Rifle
Magnum
Sniper (sometimes switched for Shotty)

A weapon for every job. Long Range? Sniper. To close for comfort or an Elite? Magnum. Assault Rifle for crowds. Pistol for singles.

I've played the character specific dailys and man, things get close with a lose of ammo. Had to use the environment to slash at some elites in relative safety with a knife cause Claire was out of ammo.

I didn't find the Ammo drop skill really doing anything. Got to like 28% and I think it coughed up ammo once so far.

I want to use the other characters but compared to him I feel like I'm depowering myself.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Moira is my most used and yeah, her melee stuff is strong. Getting ammo back can be great when you level it a bit, especially coupled with something like a magnum where each bullet makes a difference. Put some points into smoke bottles to get multiples of them and you can get a lot of stealth kills on powerful enemies.

She's been super good for me. I think I have her around 25 now. Everyone else is in the 10-15 range except Gina who I barely touched. Her gesture stuff is funny, and I even had a round where I saw it actually protect her while knocking an enemy back and stunlocking some of the bigger guys, but I can't imagine it holding up when they toss in all the abilities.

Hunk seems OP as fuck in the early game with the weapon arsenal, and cloak is really great. But Moira has been more fun to me.

joe2187

Banned
Leon's hair has finally become self-aware and all-powerful.

2lfopmh.gif

Leon channels his hair energy, and wooshes all the enemies away.

If it was in the main game, naahh, I wouldn't like it. But in Raid, it doesn't bother me. We have people dancing to kill things, mega power-drills, katanas, so why not?

Idk, maybe I hate it because they put effort in this and duplicated melee moves for other characters.

FaintDeftone

Use the beta patch currently on offer.
You'll see it in the steam community forums for the game.

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. Can't wait to test it out tonight.

My computer's specs are well above the recommended requirements, and the game runs at 60fps most times, but I get weird stutters every so often and the framerate drops at random times. Still totally playable, but annoying.

The Raid mode twitches out at the start of the level for some reason and eventually stops after a few minutes.

Evolved1

I hope Chris summons a boulder from the heavens.

Chris should falcon-punch the ground causing a ring of rocks shaped like his own arms to rocket up from the earth and knock every enemy straight into the sun.

I have another question so excuse my extreme lack of knowledge about Raid Mode...

How do you level skills up? I have SP but I don't see how to use them.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Spoilers for Chris's special move in Raid Mode:
He punches his first together, then he literally turns silver and made of steel, and becomes invulnerable for about 6 seconds and does power powerful melee moves, the skill is called, 'Coat of Armor'.

I am not making that up, btw.

Ralemont

not me
I have another question so excuse my extreme lack of knowledge about Raid Mode...

Go to the customize mannequin, pick a character, skills, go over to the skills list and click on a skill and you can level it up.

Evolved1

Just go to where you equip skills, and when you click on the skill (what you'd normally do to equip it) you'll see under it the option to upgrade.

He punches his first together, then he literally turns silver and made of steel, and becomes invulnerable for about 6 seconds and does power powerful melee moves, the skill is called, 'Coat of Armor'.

These devs... they get it.

joe2187

Banned
Spoilers for Chris's special movie in Raid Mode:

I need a video of all the special skill and melee moves.

Chris-lossus

Ralemont

not me
Do Evades have invincibility frames or do you always need to dodge the actual hitbox?

Also, is the crouch invincibility any good?

Jawmuncher

Oh man the craziness in raid miss has me excited for the future of Mercs. Really hope for that mode the ideas here are present.

Evolved1

Do Evades have invincibility frames or do you always need to dodge the actual hitbox?

Also, is the crouch invincibility any good?

Mostly hitbox. Unless you upgrade the skill that lengthens the invincibility frames.

Jill begins with two awesome skills that 1) lengthen the distance of her evade and 2) lengthen the length of invincibility frames.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

That'll do.

Top Bottom