• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Gina's gesturing is ok. It becomes a lot less practical once enemies start to have all kinds of elements on them. Maybe it becomes super effective at max, but it's also one of the more expensive upgrades.

There's some cool skills between the roster but overall the raid characters feel a lot more uniform than the more nuanced Rev 1 characters, IMO.

Not too fair of a comparison since Rev1 characters were unable to be customized beyond the weapons they used.

Of course they felt different.

Though you're right to a point that these characters feel a bit homogenized now.

How do you guys deal with the Baby Mayday when it has ice attacks. That's the ONLY thing I struggle with in this mode. Even regular mayday with a special attack I have a hard time dealing with. It's just so fast and then it freezes you and then insta kill attack. WTF?!

Favorite is Jill. She's level 54 and my main. Love her and I use any excuse to use the Double Knee Drop <3 Have her Melee Master fully upgraded so she's a beast with the knife. I want to give her a charge melee attack as well. And Imma fully upgrade her doge move.

Otherwise I don't play with anyone else. I like Wesker alot but I'm kinda waiting for the online patch to play with others. Kinda. Wesker is level 15 I think. He's cool he has his own melee moves both regular, and on ground and his commands are hilarious.

I love/hate Gina. Because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCxSNYF8Vw0 Her commands are utter ridiculous and I hate them but I can't stop using them. Kinda like Rachael, omg! Remember her commands? "AHIA, THANKS!" *cringe* And her skill to damage with taunts is fucking stupid yet I love it. Can't wait to troll with her online.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

tumblr_mvxkt9GHsr1qetz23o2_250.gif

Gabe and Pedro look EXACTLY the same o_O

Evolved1

What's that skill for pedro? A flamethrower? lol... hard to see.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What's that skill for pedro? A flamethrower? lol... hard to see.

Pedro has a drill in the campaign, so I'm assuming his special weapon he has is a drill.

latest

PEdro1.png

Also, I see what Capcom is doing. All the new Revelations 2 characters have unique attributes so people will actually want to play them. Gina can dance to hurt enemies, Pedro has a power drill...

I'm not against this.

Evolved1

Pedro has a drill in the campaign, so I'm assuming his special weapon he has is a drill.]

Oh. okay. lol?

Anyway, one more question maybe someone knows... is Cipher's katana a skill? Can that be inherited? Cipher is literally the worst, laziest fucking character ever to be in RE. It will be annoying if its the only character to ever have a non-knife melee weapon. Major troll by Capcom.

Especially when they've done costumes in the past, and especially now, where the thing would make sense. I always wished samurai Chris had a special melee kill with his sword in RE6. Never happened. Moria has a damn katana on her costume (that cost 2 dollars) and they take the time to add one to the game, and give it to the non-character?

It's a little thing, but bugs me honestly.

Dusk Golem

Oh. okay. lol?

Anyway, one more question maybe someone knows... is Cipher's katana a skill? Can that be inherited? Cipher is literally the worst, laziest fucking character ever to be in RE. It will be annoying if its the only character to ever have a non-knife melee weapon. Major troll by Capcom.

29441-resident-evil-2-windows-screenshot-tofu-is-only-armed-with.jpg

For Cipher, we won't know unless someone maxes out his Katana skill. This said, I actually don't have anything against Cipher being playable.

I also don't hate Tofu, but Tofu is what I thought of in comparison to Cipher.

Evolved1

29441-resident-evil-2-windows-screenshot-tofu-is-only-armed-with.jpg

For Cipher, we won't know unless someone maxes out his Katana skill. This said, I actually don't have anything against Cipher being playable.

lol okay. Got me there.

But is it a skill though? If so, then it's heritable. So far all skill are. So we good.

Dusk Golem

Also, confirmation to PC owners, Episode 2 will be out at 9 PM PST / 12 AM EST tonight, and episode 3 and 4 will release at the same time. From wbacon capco (Capcom developer who responds on forums) on Steam.

lol okay. Got me there.

But is it a skill though? If so, then it's heritable. So far all skill are. So we good.

I don't know 100%, but I have noticed most unique character traits are skills, probably so they can be upgraded/inherited by other characters.

So no episode 2 eh? Games page says its supposed to be out today, :/.

If on PSN, it will probably update the time PSN usually updates on Tuesdays, which varies, but is around 3-8 PM PST usually, I hear.

Evolved1

I will be so annoyed if I have to deal with GCT the next three weeks.

God Sony. Christ.

I cant believe the entire RE6 is available on Raid Mode in Revelations 2.

LOL Gabe's special attack being some Hulk type of attack with Agent's melee from RE6. But has Barry's melee.

Pedro's drill attack is... interesting. Barry's melee again.

Yeah... good job, Capcom.

Evolved1

I honestly don't understand the recycled melee. I know it's a budget game, but unique melee is just a matter of adding an animation! They have dozens from the previous games, which they've already demonstrated no shame in cannibalizing for content, so steal some of those animations! You don't have to come up with new stuff, just use the old stuff.

Is it like a memory issue, cause this game is on so many platforms? Idk...

Vamphuntr

PC patch repaired the slowdown in the snow level to me. Before this patch and after the second one framerate would go from 60 to 30 fps in the protect the green thing snow level and now it's back to 60 FPS.

Now it's perfect for me. Don't break it again please.

Picked this up last night, digging the campaign, then loaded up raid mode... More games need a raid mode. Was almost late to work because I wanted to get in just one more round.

ironcreed

Banned
Looking forward to continuing this tonight. I am happy to admit that I was wrong about this weekly episode deal. It's rather nice to have something to look forward to for the next few weeks and I am on board for more games using a similar structure.

Ricker

Not sure how we will get EP 2 on the PS4...I'm guessing it will be like the Telltale games and it will start the download from one of the game menu,the second one where you can replay the first and there is a lock on EP 2...I hope so anyway.

Dusk Golem

I also want to throw this out there, Resident Evil at this point probably has one of the most diverse casts in gaming. That's not to say most sensitively diverse, as it plays up tropes and stereotypes pretty big in B-horror fashion, but as they've gone globe trotting to almost every continent in the world now, and have had games set in North America, China, South America, Africa, Russia, Spain, various islands, Antarctica, etc, they've collected a pretty large collection of characters, alive and dead, and that's not even getting into how the series is super ambiguous with some of the characters sexuality, sexual the male and female characters (closer to) equally, and are pretty open to making sure every country can experience it's own viral doomsday.

Astral Dog

I also want to throw this out there, Resident Evil at this point probably has one of the most diverse casts in gaming. That's not to say most sensitively diverse, as it plays up tropes and stereotypes pretty big in B-horror fashion, but as they've gone globe trotting to almost every continent in the world now, and have had games set in North America, China, South America, Africa, Russia, Spain, various islands, Antarctica, etc, they've collected a pretty large collection of characters, alive and dead, and that's not even getting into how the series is super ambiguous with some of the characters sexuality, sexual the male and female characters (closer to) equally, and are pretty open to making sure every country can experience it's own viral doomsday.
Its kinda funny, but common "trope" for some videogame characters to never get together, like they are official couple, but not at the same time, or get to flirt with different chatacters, unfortunately this also means a lack of character development, Leon and Ada has been a thing for years, but Leon probably won't get Ada until he dies.

Dusk Golem

I've heard about RE mangas got any links or titles to what they are? Im kind of interested reading through them.

I know the RE6 mangas are officially releasing in America and Europe right now, the first two are available, third volume becomes available when the fourth episode of Revelations 2 comes out, fourth volume is available for pre-order also, fifth comes out later this year.

This manga series is canon to the game's narrative, this takes place between RE5 and RE6, stars Chris and Piers mainly, starting with a high-caliber school suffering a zombie outbreak. The mangas can apparently get away with zombie children, but the games can't.

1421573725.jpg
1421573733.jpg
1421573741.jpg

142157375X.jpg

Volume 1: http://www.viz.com/manga/print/resident-evil-volume-1/11294
Volume 2: http://www.viz.com/manga/print/resident-evil-volume-2/11298
Volume 3: http://www.viz.com/manga/print/resident-evil-volume-3/11297
Volume 4: http://www.viz.com/manga/print/resident-evil-volume-4/11296

Fifth and final volume comes out later this year. These are canon, but not too important, Piers originally appeared in this manga series and later was in RE6, but this is where he was introduced.

I've heard some pretty good things about the manga from some who have read it, I should pick it up myself sometime.

16249436075_d2a7caf19d_b.jpg

16247595941_38689f8592_b.jpg

There's an Umbrella Chronicles manga that's canon, but never been released in America. Does have an unofficial English translation though.

The Resident Evil Revelations 2 manga is currently coming out in Japan and hasn't finished yet, no word yet of course on an English version, but they are canon. The Revelations 2 manga series is known as, "BIOHAZARD heavenly island".

Fix_0911_heavenly-island.jpg

There's no official book release yet as currently releasing, but there are preview pages from Shuukan Shounen Champion.

Jawmuncher

You sure Heavenly Island isn't a Doujinishi because wow at the cover.

Also it's funny but understandable that all of the resident evil comic book series aren't canon. The most recent was by IDW I believe.

Dusk Golem

Nope, written by the same person who wrote the above RE6 manga, and it is officially endorsed by Capcom and appearing in Shonen. However, have heard from some that there's some fan servicy elements in the Revelations 2 manga.

I do wonder if this enemy from the preview pages of the manga is going to end up being in Revelations 2, though:

Preview.jpg

Also it's funny but understandable that all of the resident evil comic book series aren't canon. The most recent was by IDW I believe.

Yeah, most all the RE comics aren't made canon, all the Western ones and books aren't (a shame, some were pretty decent), the only Eastern mangas that are canon are the RE6 one, the Umbrella Chronicles one, and this Revelations 2 one.

MrMuscle

Its the best skill in the game, it let's you cancel out of any animation. If you reload at the wrong time and an enemy is coming at you, you can dodge instantly. I really like using it to cancel out of the end of melee animations after I already do the damage, saves time and puts you in a better position if there are more than one enemy around

You just sold me on buying Wesker to get that skill, i needs it!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've been reading this thread sporadically, so sorry if this was covered recently, but I'm trying to choose between PS4 and PC.

GPU is a GTX 460 768MB. I play at 1080p. CPU and RAM shouldn't be an issue.

Is there an obviously superior choice? (I don't care about Steam or PSN specific achievement stuff.)

Dusk Golem

Heavenly Island isn't set on REV2's island, just to be clear.

That's interesting, I mean the RE6 prequel comic isn't set in the same place either, but was connected somewhat so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but interesting. I don't really know the manga narrative, outside to it being a prequel manga for Revelations 2, currently appearing in Shonen, by the same author as the RE6 manga, and I know it's Capcom enforced and is a canon (though probably inconsequential) entry, like the RE6 manga and the Umbrella Chronicles one.

Top Bottom