• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Rev 1's soundtrack was great, but RE5's can't be topped, imo. If Metal Gear Rising didn't exist. I'd say Winds of Madness is easily the best boss theme of last generation. Such a fan-fucking-tastic theme for Wesker.

Glad I'm not the only one that loves that Umbrella Chronicles track. If the series on the whole had to have one main theme, that'd be it.

Edit: Shoutout to Code Veronica's soundtrack (and it's Darkside Chronicles arrangements), too.

Ralemont

not me
it's really strange too 'cuz listening to random themes right now they're all pretty okay to actually great but it's like none of them really ever got emphasized at the right moments so they just never stuck in my head

Truly a microcosm for Resident Evil 6 in general.

Neiteio

Rev 1's soundtrack was great, but RE5's can't be topped, imo. If Metal Gear Rising didn't exist. I'd say Winds of Madness is easily the best boss theme of last generation. Such a fan-fucking-tastic theme for Wesker.
Oh, I totally agree RE5's "Winds of Madness" is one of the best boss themes ever. Up there with "It Has To Be This Way" from Metal Gear Rising.

"Winds of Madness" is to Resident Evil as "One Winged Angel" is to FFVII or "Duel of the Fates" is to Star Wars. Simply fantastic.

But on the whole, the Rev 1 OST is SO GOOD. The piano and drum loop for cliffhangers, the main theme, the ballroom, the sunken ship, the final boss, etc. So, so, so good. :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Honestly, I can't think of a single RE game that had absolutely no tracks I liked in it. While some soundtracks are better than others, and music taste is all opinionated and all that, I don't think many would argue RE has a pretty strong history of very strong songs, ranging from be atmospheric and creepy, beautiful and peaceful, bombastic and intense, incredibly catchy, or the like.

Edit: And yes. Winds of Madness was a fantastic boss theme, and was perfect for the fight against Wesker, something the series had been building up for a while.

The following Wesker boss song in the volcano wasn't nearly as good, but not bad. It's all good anyway, as the fight against Wesker with Winds of Madness playing was the better Wesker fight, anyway.

Riposte

i honestly cannot remember a single piece of RE6 music except the main theme (the same one that plays when you fight simmons with ada that has it's musical motif all over the place)

it's really strange too 'cuz listening to random themes right now they're all pretty okay to actually great but it's like none of them really ever got emphasized at the right moments so they just never stuck in my head
or maybe it's 'cuz most of them are pretty bombastic pieces when normally those are saved for big moments

actually i have the re6 mercs theme burned into my head and i loathe it. capcom please bring back character themes because jesus christ

Like in FFXII, if you remember the main theme, then you are likely remembering most of the game's soundtrack.

Neiteio

well, Bayonetta 2 came out in 2014 but I appreciate that sentiment
There were six titles on my 2014 GOTY list. I played many more than six but picked the six I found most memorable.

They went:

1) The Evil Within
2) Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
3) Bayonetta 2
4) Mario Kart 8
5) Shovel Knight
6) Alien: Isolation

Honestly, though, I think any of those six titles would be a worthy overall GOTY. But TEW surprised me and delighted me the most.

Bummer because I'm still getting crazy hitching with the regular patch. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer since they've made split-screen co-op their priority now.

I read people's responses to the patch and it was just like any other patch...it helped some people and not others

My main problems was the major FPS hit on certain areas with effects or big lighting. Outside of those areas I can go 60 FPS all the time with everything maxed (though what they said was "High" shadows was really "Low" which has been fixed now apparently).

There were six titles on my 2014 GOTY list. I played many more than six but picked the six I found most memorable.

They went:

1) The Evil Within
2) Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
3) Bayonetta 2
4) Mario Kart 8
5) Shovel Knight
6) Alien: Isolation

Honestly, though, I think any of those six titles would be a worthy overall GOTY. But TEW surprised me and delighted me the most.

Can't argue there, Neiteio

I still really need to play Alien....

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
it's kinda crazy how good the darkside chronicles arrangements are for the CV stuff since it's a one off random side game.

like having the alexia sequence go from alexia 1 to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDFIIeko7Gk (during the linear railgun/transformation sequence) to alexia 2 is so good

Darkside Chronicles has a stupidly good soundtrack, which is why it's one of my favorites. Not only does it have some amazing renditions of Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica songs, it's original music is also stupidly good. It also has the most orchestrated music of any RE game. The production values for Darkside Chronicles in general were really high.

Just to touch base on a few favorites of mine in Darkside Chronicles;

Sleeping Beauty (Ending Version) [Original Song]
T-B Theme [RE2 Remix]
Insanity Palace [Code Veronica Remix]
Game of Oblivion [Original Song]
The Palace of the Suspended Doll [Code Veronica Remix]
Sorrow [Original Song]
Theme of Alexia II [Code Veronica Remix]
Blood Judgement [Original Song]

And there's a lot of other really good ones.

SeanTSC

So uh, I have Episode 2 downloaded and installed, but it won't let me play it. Keeps telling me I have to purchase it even though I clearly have it.

Admittedly I'm only 4 missions into Raid Mode but I'm really liking it. I've only used Hunk so far. I may get Wesker started after I finish out the last couple one star Gauntlet 1 missions for Hunk.

Astral Dog

Darkside Chronicles, an one off random side game?

The developers recreated the game with care this time, really improved the production values over Umbrella Chronicles, and that includes music that is going to be as good as any proper Remake,even brought the original composers of RE2 and CV back.

They knew DC was going to be the closest thing to a CV remake, in a looong time...

Bladenic

Turn the flamethrower first then activate the valve. You can't get it until Barry's part.

Are there any items in the newly unlocked rooms that I should get before? Is there anything you get for killing any enemies with the flame? I basically did it by using the blades but accidentally destroyed it with Fire lmao

Are there any items in the newly unlocked rooms that I should get before? Is there anything you get for killing any enemies with the flame? I basically did it by using the blades but accidentally destroyed it with Fire lmao

There might be some ammo/jewels but it isn't really that important. You don't get anything extra for killing the dudes with fire.

I think there's just ammo and a jewel on the ceiling in one of the cells so not really much to worry about

Jawmuncher

Went offline to play Raid and not i'm stuck at the game uploading after completing the stage. There's no way around that is there?
EDIT: I guess the offline trick doesn't work if you set it to not be able to connect through windows firewall with advanced security. Since it seems to think it's online when you beat a stage.
Looks like you have to actually unplug completely from the internet with this game.

FLAguy954

I need some opinions.

Which passive skill should I focus more on: magnum master or sniper rifle master (I use both of them a lot)?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This damn timed door is driving me insane. How are you supposed to get past it?

After having played Raid Mode with Hunk's 4 weapon slots already unlocked I look at the other characters with locks on theirs and I'm like "...damnit"...lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
hold down the switch character button and push up or down on the D-pad to issue your partner a demand. then open the door and switch.
I'm assuming you're not meant to get past the blue door inside the gate as Claire, then? Because you need both characters for that...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Alright, beat it with both. Felt a little meatier or maybe I just took it slower, It took me around 2 and a half hours this time.

They really like making the final section for Claire fucking tough it seems, lol.

I'm assuming you're not meant to get past the blue door inside the gate as Claire, then? Because you need both characters for that...

There's a box to push to block the gate from closing. Though I just barely made it by running.

Top Bottom