• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

cvben

Did that three times, still won't let me download...

Yeah capcom really didn't work this episodic thing out beforehand. I found it pretty discouraging to

1) load up the Ps4 and not see "RE: Episode 2 added to downloads"

2) Load the game and not get a message especially when it specifically notified me of the compatibility pack

3) Go to overview of episode 1 and not see episode 2 anywhere in the list of items to download

4) Actually finding the thing and seeing a price tag on it

I really question why not just have the thing download the episodes and then on day of release have a 200kb piece of dlc that unlocks it.

This just shows me that I must really like this game though bc I eagerly await the next episode and am overall extremely satisfied with it, even with a release that's seen some serious hiccups.

Reebot

I thought the regular patch that went out today or yesterday fixed the issues, while the beta patch was just for people wanting to test out the Split Screen.

Yeah that's right, the explanation of the releases was a bit confusing but basically either patch you download roll back the changes to improve performance.

Nori Chan

So um yeah, the difficult is kinda ramped up in this episode for me.

I feel so slow being freaked out playing on Barry's side. Gotta lead with Natalia.

Grisby

Played about an hour or so of episode 2. Still on Claire's bit and I'm having a good time. Some of the environments I'm in now are a little creepy, almost a little Silent Hillish. The (maybe environmental spoilers I guess)
Chernobyl motif is really cool.

Music has been on point for this episode. Really helps the atmosphere.

I've been kicking so much ass in Raid mode that I've taken a few brazen beatings in SP already.

Also, one of those medals tested my eagle eye sights.

what the hell was his theme a remix of anyways? i've seen sites list it as "burning with anger" but there's no way that can be right as they have basically nothing in common composition wise

Niitsuma eventually said (on Twitter, I think) that it was a remix of Majini V from RE5.

Ricker

Man EP.2 is a lot harder then the first,once it gets going lol...died 3 times in one part(ran out of ammo)...pretty good though so far,probably halfway through Claire/Moira's section...that blood splatter on screen,on top of the injured animation is my only nitpick with REV2 so far...so annoying.

Jebral

That blood splatter can be terrible :-/

*watches the clock because I can't wait to be annoyed by more stupid blood splatter*

The blood splatter/damage indicator and the lack of feedback when attacking enemies are my only two major complaints. And the feedback issue is literally only an issue when playing Claire's campaign, so easy to waste bullets on enemies who are in their death animation.

Also Barry's sections > Claire's sections so far.

Grisby

Also, Claire taking charge while Pedro was bitching out. (claire early part spoiler)
You bitch out in this game, man, you turn.

edit-double post, my bad y'all.

Jebral

All these Resident Evil 6 stages, this games nerfed melee and the stories I hear of how the in-depth action mechanics are what make RE6 good... I want to play it again!

I hated everything about it first time around, I'd try again if steam would kindly drop it to $10. Don't know. It's like Revelations 2 here put me in the mood to melee the shit out of some zombies. And apparently if that's what you want, RE6 is your game.

Though I did just get 5 off steam in anticipation of GFWL being removed, so I can just go kill infected with the roided out face-punch of all time.

For the next 15 minutes before this (hopefully) hits steam.

Could it be that Alex never got the key to inmortality and she betrayed Spencer out of fear.?

It's been a long while, can you explain the whole
key to immortality
thing?

Edit: Nvm, memory jogged. I think it's going to turn out to be something similar to that. Really sucks that most of my RE material from over the years isn't with me.

LeonSPBR

Finished episode 2 and I loved it. Enjoyed more the Claire parts than Barry (way too much stealth) but it's still pretty good. Now It's time to return to raid mode and get Leon to level up.

KarmaCow

If you buy a single episode on steam, are you than locked out of getting the package deal without essentially buying episode 1 again via the season pass thing?

Totally at a loss of how to get the 2 Follow-up Attacks Medal on Barry's side in Episode 2.

You have to buy it in the skills menu before you go into the campaign or after the chapters...after that when an enemy is on the ground you'll get a prompt to do an attack

Jebral

If you buy a single episode on steam, are you than locked out of getting the package deal without essentially buying episode 1 again via the season pass thing?

Apparently. That's exactly what I did and I thought I'd at least have an episode 1 to gift, but nope.

Vamphuntr

So, what time do Ep. 2 unlocks on Steam?

I'm guessing it will be delayed at this point. On Steam DB they were messing with a build 10 minutes ago.

Capcom and PC is really amateur hour. Still bitter about the RE5 thing too. Expect some wbacon apology on the steam forum.

SeanTSC

You have to buy it in the skills menu before you go into the campaign or after the chapters...after that when an enemy is on the ground you'll get a prompt to do an attack

Yes, I have every skill except the 100k one and know how to do follow up attacks. The problem is that there's only Revenants, Glaspers, a couple Slingers (I think) and the Dog-things in episode 2 on Barry's side. None of which, as far as I know, normally give you opportunities for follow up attacks.

"NOTE: Users who bought Episode 1 individually can upgrade to the Complete Season at a discount. Must be logged in, discount shows in cart."

rvZivAT.png

OK!!

Guess 2 is only out to people who got the season pass.

edit: it's available for separate purchase now.

Top Bottom