• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

That cog room in episode one is going to make me break a controller.
Did you know
you can set the fire launcher with the valve on the side and then rotate it by grabbing the fire launcher from behind? The flames will point toward the room entrance and severely damage anything getting in

SDCowboy

Just picked this up. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. The graphics are horrendous, but damn, the game is fun.

Raid mode really spoils the campaign lol. That first encounter with
those mutated afflicted that explode
was supposed to be scary but I'm just like "oh, one of these guys." Not to mention the lack of feedback via damage/HP bar is kind of annoying.

Claire's part was pretty solid. Some good exploration and the game mixes up enemies enough (so many ironheads holy shit) to help nerf Moira's OP flashlight. Felt way longer than the hour I spent playing too. Will do Barry's after dinner.

Also, does the game generate ammo based on how much you have? I had a crapton over from ep 1 using due to Moira's flashlight, and all of the boxes around the village had gems in them. I'm assuming that normally isn't the case.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Doing a little of Raid now.

Pedro has a drill charge where he runs forward and stands still for a bit, and it seems to chew up anything in his path. Also has a shield that blocks damage and regenerates over time, and shotgun bonuses. Can use 3 weapons at the start, too. He seems solid.

Gabe starts with melee stuff. Already has the ammo scavenger and charge melee, and handgun bonuses. Only has one weapon until level 25. Special ability is him hitting the ground which seems to be a very powerful attack that hits a wide area around him. But he wears this holster on his pants that looks like a thong riding up his ass so fuck that.

Leon's shockwave is pretty hilarious but doesn't seem to do a ton of damage.

I didn't find the final section of Claire's chapter in Episode 1 tough, but maybe that's because I quickly got the flamethrower working and I was playing on normal.

I first got there on survivor with almost no HP, a single handgun bullet, and whatever I would search for outside the room(which was usually 2 shotgun shells).

I got messed up so hard I actually restarted the entire campaign on normal. I do think going into it now it's fine, but I was not expecting that part at all the first time around.

So since I'm still messing around with the game right now... To those, uh, select few who know about the line below - do you know what triggers it?

"Our deliverance is death. But not this one".

Sorry for being vague, but I want to have a general idea about what to do/look out for without ruining a very cool secret to most people here.

Kssio_Aug

Allright, I bought Wesker, his evade cancel is pretty useful, but I still prefer to play with Hunk.

The thing is, I'm at level 12, and doing the first set of the hard levels. I'm doing pretty well, but now with the usual zombies getting a bit faster I'm starting to use a lot less my pistol. Thank god I'm using the ammo-to-kill skill, its helping a lot now.

Thing is... would you guys recommend me to keep using the pistols, to change it for automatic pistols, or just change for any other stronger weapon?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So since I'm still messing around with the game right now... To those, uh, select few who know about the line below - do you know what triggers it?

"Our deliverance is death. But not this one".

Sorry for being vague, but I want to have a general idea about what to do/look out for without ruining a very cool secret to most people here.

It's
a cutscene. You literally cannot miss it unless you skip the scene

I just did the Raid mission where you have to protect the column on a snow map...basically a slide show at points of it with the FPS drop...yikes

Manu

I'm not gonna be able to play this until tomorrow night, so another 24 hours at least.

It's gonna be a long, painful day tomorrow.

Triz

Did you know
you can set the fire launcher with the valve on the side and then rotate it by grabbing the fire launcher from behind? The flames will point toward the room entrance and severely damage anything getting in
I finally went back and figured it out. One of those gaming moments that I just didn't see initially.

cvben

Well I tore through that quickly.

Also if there isn't an entire episode inside
the tower
I'll be disappointed to say the least, its just so creepy.

Loved the episode, really had me tensely in want of ammo at times.

jediyoshi

I just did the Raid mission where you have to protect the column on a snow map...basically a slide show at points of it with the FPS drop...yikes

Yeah, game isn't a big fan of giant particle effects. The RE6 stage in the building overlooking the street on fire starts chugging whenever you turn to the fire.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WHAT! THAT PLOT TWIST/REVEAL!

Alex Wesker! Finally!! Capcom didn't forget!!

cvben

still cannot download the second episode and I bought the season pass...

What worked for me was finding the episode in the psn store. It said 5.99, but when I clicked on it I could download it for free. Really dumb way to do it, but there it is.

This is basically me right now with reviews up and people talking about Episode Two

lalala_cant_hear_cat.jpg

MechaX

Man, I'm playing Episode 2 and these Hammer dudes are so fucking annoying, and so far the game has loved to put them in tight spaces.

I have mostly been switching back and forth between Moira on flashlight duty and Claire doing the melee follow-up, but this takes entirely too long for just a single dude. And I hesitate to use ammo because it seems like he can tank shotgun rounds like a champ.

Is there a weakpoint or something I should be exploiting?

Man, I'm playing Episode 2 and these Hammer dudes are so fucking annoying, and so far the game has loved to put them in tight spaces.

I have mostly been switching back and forth between Moira on flashlight duty and Claire doing the melee follow-up, but this takes entirely too long for just a single dude. And I hesitate to use ammo because it seems like he can tank shotgun rounds like a champ.

Someone mentioned shotgunning them in the legs to get them to the ground...no idea if that really works

9 PM PST tonight confirmed for PC release?

Yes...9 PM Pacific/Midnight Eastern

Manu

Assuming the "hammer dudes" are the Ironheads from Ep 1, the exposed skin in their necks is their weak point.

joe2187

Banned

I've noticed in raid mode that they take alot of damage if you shoot them in the red exposed area underneath their mask. So I've been aiming there for the most part. I've never had much luck shooting their legs out and just focus on bodyshots with the shotgun to stagger em and do a follow up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are the unlock conditions for the new Raid guys anything other than just completing the episode on normal?

AdaWong

Alex looks drop dead BEAUTIFUL next to her brother (I know he's not biologically her brother, y'all can stop) but her model in-game looks like crap.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
MAJOR SPOILERS
Alex looks drop dead BEAUTIFUL next to her brother (I know he's not biologically her brother, y'all can stop) but her model in-game looks like crap.

Spoiler-mark that shit, son. Episode isn't out on two platforms yet, even.

Top Bottom