• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

foxdvd

I really liked Episode 1, and ended up loving it after invisible mode and hours on raid. Episode 2 is even better. It really is amazing the value and quality of this game (outside some bad texture work)

If they keep this up with the next two episodes this will go down as one of the best games I have played in over a year.

Tido84

yesterday i tried to use Ginas Dancing skills in Raid :)

that really makes fun. cause we europeans have to wait till Wednesday i was spending dancing zombies to death. Cant wait to level up this skill for more difficult levels.

did you guys use the skill already?

i made a video of my dancing with the dead:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDieBQ02PTk

joe2187

Banned
When I go to the character select screen in raid mode barry is sparkling like a twilight vampire...what the fuck is happening.

joe2187

Banned
which console? maybe some probs with the update patch. Or maybe its a dracula skill:)

Nah, I think it's that rest bonus thing, I havent used barry but his Exp meter seems to be full up. Im guessing they gain Exp passively along side your other characters albeit extremely slowly when they have a rest bonus.

JJD

Guys any tips for the Chapter 2 boss
The fire bomb guy?

I can kill him but I waste too much ammo and herbs. Where is his weak spot?

Pretty soon I'm gonna have to start picking up rocks and just throwing them at the enemy so I can get some hits in...geeze...a couple more ammo drops instead of jewels wouldn't hurt

and after playing Raid Mode it threw me for a second when the enemies in the Campaign didn't have health bars...lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The blood splatter/damage indicator and the lack of feedback when attacking enemies are my only two major complaints. And the feedback issue is literally only an issue when playing Claire's campaign, so easy to waste bullets on enemies who are in their death animation.

Also Barry's sections > Claire's sections so far.

Yeah, I agree. I've liked both of the Barry parts a lot more. Usually just blatantly running through the same areas turns me off but I like the twist this game puts on it.

Jebral

"NOTE: Users who bought Episode 1 individually can upgrade to the Complete Season at a discount. Must be logged in, discount shows in cart."

rvZivAT.png

OK!!

Guess 2 is only out to people who got the season pass.

edit: it's available for separate purchase now.

What the blazing hell? I didn't get the option, and damnit, I looked.

In fact, it told me I had to buy it as a gift. It wouldn't sell it to me any other way.

Kinda wish some of the arena maps in Raid had reused major bosses in them.
Albert Wesker(both forms), Ultimate Abyss, maybe Jill and so on.

Amazed I haven't seen
the LIN mansion yet
in Raid, that would literally be my first thought for reused assets.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finished Claire's section, that was pretty great, enjoyed it all the way through. Better than either episode 1 scenario, and I liked episode 1.

Now time for Barry's.

MrMuscle

Allright, I bought Wesker, his evade cancel is pretty useful, but I still prefer to play with Hunk.

The thing is, I'm at level 12, and doing the first set of the hard levels. I'm doing pretty well, but now with the usual zombies getting a bit faster I'm starting to use a lot less my pistol. Thank god I'm using the ammo-to-kill skill, its helping a lot now.

Thing is... would you guys recommend me to keep using the pistols, to change it for automatic pistols, or just change for any other stronger weapon?

When i only have 2 weapon slots i always go Pistol and Magnum/Shotgun. I love my shotguns but the Magnum just does so much brutal damage.

AdaWong

THIS POST IS SPECULATION.
HOWEVER, THE SPECULATED MATERIAL IS FROM LEAKED INFORMATION AND EPISODE 2 ENDING. SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Now that I'm done shouting at you, let's recap somethings we have learned from Episode 2:

-You mutate when you're afraid. That's why "fear" is such a big theme here, huh.

-The whole premise of this experiment is that:
There's only one chosen one, (one that is NOT afraid?) and if you remember from Episode 1, Natalia insists on saying that she's not scared and continuously reminds us that she really is not.

2. Barry's sections take place 6 months later. That monster that attcks Barry at the end saying "You finally came!" and points at Natalia is indeed Alex. Mutated Alex, the creature is identical to the mutated Alex concept art.

3. We can safely say: Claire and Moira will NOT kill Alex.

4. Interesting part here: If Alex's experiment was to search for the "one" that is powerful (who's not afraid?), then it's probably Natalia. Taking into consideration how happy mutated Alex was when she saw Natalia and how obsessed she is with her (remember the "Natalia" scribbles and drawings on the wall where Alex is living?) So, does that mean Claire and Moira "failed" her experiment? If so, then they must be dead. But we all know that is not going to happen. Really interesting..

5. Finally, I would like to say that one of the TerraSave guys is a double agent. Remember when Natalia got abducted by a mysterious someone when she was with Claire and Moira next to the tower? Well, 6 months later, when she and Barry reach that exact place, she says "that's where me and Moira got separated, that Terra Save guy helped me here."

Symtendo

How do I access the 2nd episode? Can I download it through the first episode? Do I have to download it separately? I'm very confused right now!

Akibared

5. Finally, I would like to say that one of the TerraSave guys is a double agent. Remember when Natalia got abducted by a mysterious someone when she was with Claire and Moira next to the tower? Well, 6 months later, when she and Barry reach that exact place, she says "that's where me and Moira got separated, that Terra Save guy helped me here."

I also noticed that Neil's bracelet stayed green no matter what he was doing.

Seyavesh

just finished it and uh hey wow

i think revelations 2 might actually shape up to be an actual good game 'cuz geez this was actually pretty dang good instead of 'hmm this might go in an interesting direction'
you can definitely see the seams of the budget through the encounters but they are doing serious work with what they got

this game is really making me wonder what the hell RE7 is gonna be now

Niitsuma eventually said (on Twitter, I think) that it was a remix of Majini V from RE5.

this is really funny because that is one crazy ass remix. you gotta play the song at like 1.5x speed to even get a resemblance and it's pretty much only in the drums and nothing else

edit:
i'd also like to put forth that the sound design in this game is kind of really good
i think it's actually the main reason why claire's section in this works

Really enjoying this game, episode 2 was awesome, not only the story mode but also the maps for raid mode, if the quality is like this for the next 2 episodes, this could be the best RE game since RE4.

LegendX48

Just finished episode 2. That area toward the end of Barry's section
with the shrine or altar-like display with dismembered baby dolls and blood smeared along the walls behind them with "Natlia" repeatedly carved into the walls
, coupled with the old school RE sounding music that plays, was just friggen awesome. So messed up and creepy, just perfect.

KyleCross

So PC is still fucked up according to peeps here? The complete edition (the $39.99 version) is on sale for $29 on GMG right now and I would like to jump on that but...

dellingr

Went offline to play Raid and not i'm stuck at the game uploading after completing the stage. There's no way around that is there?
EDIT: I guess the offline trick doesn't work if you set it to not be able to connect through windows firewall with advanced security. Since it seems to think it's online when you beat a stage.
Looks like you have to actually unplug completely from the internet with this game.

There is a permanent solution. Just play through an episode of the main story until you get to a results screen e.g. Claires half or Barry's half. This fixes the freezing problem in raid permanently. Something to do with uploading your results.

Jebral

Yes! I just finished it, and goodness me, it seems like this might be an actual really good Resident Evil game!

And wow, this is episodic / dlc stuff done right, if it must be done. Great value and the store isn't even that unreasonable! Loving it to tiny bits.

Pedro and Gabe seem badass as well. I need 20 completion medals for the next dude
Leon
to unlock.

*goes to it*

JJD

WOW!

Today's Raid Daily Mission is impossible for me on higher levels (lvl. 41)!

It's the first time I'm stuck on a mission.

F311

At the part where your trying to fix the chopper and the drill guy (sorry crap with names) mutates you climb onto the roof and run round that path till you get to the gate and it gets unlocked i cant get through there at all, is it a bug or are you meant to kill everything?

Dusk Golem

At the part where your trying to fix the chopper and the drill guy (sorry crap with names) mutates you climb onto the roof and run round that path till you get to the gate and it gets unlocked i cant get through there at all, is it a bug or are you meant to kill everything?

Is Neil with you? Neil is the one who unlocks the gate.

dellingr

WOW!

Today's Raid Daily Mission is impossible for me on higher levels (lvl. 41)!

It's the first time I'm stuck on a mission.

Is that the one set in the market with multiple locked gates? I hate that level. So difficult even when you're low level. So many tough enemies spawning close together in tight spaces.

JJD

Is that the one set in the market with multiple locked gates? I hate that level. So difficult even when you're low level. So many tough enemies spawning close together in tight spaces.

No it's one of the new Raid levels, it's in a small shop where you have to defend two green pillars.

I had around 3 afflicted, some spiders one of the big guys with the iron mask and one executioner from RE5 thrown at me all at once.

The only way I'm doing this is if I lower the recommended lvl and play the mission a few lvls higher.

If anyone clears this on his max lvl I'd love to hear some tips. I'm playing Claire.

MrMuscle

No it's one of the new Raid levels, it's in a small shop where you have to defend two green pillars.

I had around 3 afflicted, some spiders one of the big guys with the iron mask and one executioner from RE5 thrown at me all at once.

The only way I'm doing this is if I lower the recommended lvl and play the mission a few lvls higher.

If anyone clears this on his max lvl I'd love to hear some tips. I'm playing Claire.

Ooof, i really dont like the defend missions. Im lvl 43 or something, will give it a try tonight!

dellingr

There's missions where you have to defend more than one pillar!? Damn. I'm not looking forward to that. Sounds ridiculous from what you're saying.

Dusk Golem

I want to throw out there, even in just the first two episodes, I think this may be the hardest Resident Evil game alongside Code Veronica on hard difficulty (play every RE game on hard difficulty), and this game has more tense encounters and atmosphere than any RE game in the last 10 years.

Some of the encounters in Episode 2 were just absolute woozies, in the best possible way, on Survival.

Top Bottom