• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

Effect

isamu said:
The one good thing that I can say about this game, is that has exposed Mercenaries to a lot of gamers who otherwise would have ignored it in RE4/RE5, and new RE players who've never played it before.

This is a significant aspect that shouldn't be overlooked but seems to be in some of the reviews. Can't tell if it's on purpose or by mistake though.

Kevitivity

isamu said:
1)There is 4 PLAYER CO-OP FOR CHRISTS SAKES!!!!!!!

2)Graphics absolutely DESTROY the console versions....60fps, much better textures, better lighting and NONE of the slowdown that the console versions suffer from!

3)Incredible mods as well such as custom maps/stages, thanks to Sectus!

4)Mods that allow you to play as different characters not intended to be played such as the big black Majini with the gattling gun, and the fucking Reaper!!!

5)But best of all, it's now $19.99 on Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes yes, but can you reset your save!?!?

Got the game yesterday, love it but the sound effect and voice samples are awful, the sound quality is subpar at best. Also I don't like the structure of the missions, just give me the 8 maps and I will play them as much as I want, small mission after small mission is stupid for this kind of game in my opinion.

kiryogi

Banned
So that explains a lot... TOSE is indeed in the credits. GJ Capcom. Also, Alyson Court was seen in the list confirmed. Doesn't credit her as Claire, but who else would she be. :D

jokkir

The more I play this, the more I wish there was a 3DS version of RE4.

The 3D would make a great addition to that game.

The game is 100% awesome. I have lost too many hours of sleep.

Is anyone gonna do a FC thread?

Here's mine, PM me if you add me.

J-Dook/Dookins
0731 4767 6497

Teknoman

Count Dookkake said:

J-Dook/Dookins
0731 4767 6497

Since its just the system code, we could make a list in here?

ravien56

Count Dookkake said:

J-Dook/Dookins
0731 4767 6497
I have 0 friends on my3ds, if I add you, can you accept and it'll add me on yours? Or do you still need to manually enter my friend code?

jokkir

I can't seem to get an SS rank for 2-1. I can kill everyone by 0:57 but it just gives me an S :(. Maybe someone other than Krauser can get that SS.

SmithnCo

ravien56 said:
Can they only be unlocked with the coins? If so, where do i "buy" the load outs?

Go to character select, then weapon, and then click one of the question marks and it will prompt you to unlock loadouts with coins. You can also unlock them by SS ranking all the missions with each character I think.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
isamu said:
Well gentlemen,

The one good thing that I can say about this game, is that has exposed Mercenaries to a lot of gamers who otherwise would have ignored it in RE4/RE5, and new RE players who've never played it before.

Gentlemen, do you now realize how great this mode is, and why it absolutely SHITS all over every other mini game in existence?

If you're enjoying the 3DS version now, and haven't played Mercenaries on RE5, then I really really REALLY suggest you pick up RE5 on the PC because that is where Mercenaries *REALLY* shines! Perks the PC version has over the 3DS/console versions:

1)There is 4 PLAYER CO-OP FOR CHRISTS SAKES!!!!!!!

2)Graphics absolutely DESTROY the console versions....60fps, much better textures, better lighting and NONE of the slowdown that the console versions suffer from!

3)Incredible mods as well such as custom maps/stages, thanks to Sectus!

4)Mods that allow you to play as different characters not intended to be played such as the big black Majini with the gattling gun, and the fucking Reaper!!!

5)But best of all, it's now $19.99 on Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run don't walk to your PC and buy RE5 NOW!

Then proceed to send me a friend request so we can play Mercenaries CO-OP. My GFWL name is GroovyGhouliez.

That is all.

Is Mercenaries unlocked by default in RE5 PC, or do I have to play through the damn game for a 3rd time to get it?

MooMoo

thetrin said:
Is Mercenaries unlocked by default in RE5 PC, or do I have to play through the damn game for a 3rd time to get it?
Unless something is wrong with my copy, you have to beat the game again.

thetrin said:

You could download a save file or something, otherwise you need to finish it again.

ravien56 said:
I have 0 friends on my3ds, if I add you, can you accept and it'll add me on yours? Or do you still need to manually enter my friend code?

I'll need to input your code.

EDIT - I started a thread in the community forum. If you put your info there, it might keep things tidier.

Teknoman

Teknoman - 4553-9957-7476

Man I wish they would update the 3DS firmware with a message system, especially since you can press home and view your friends list without quitting the game.

kiryogi

Banned
Tek you've been added. Add me! 3308-4552-7952. Added you too count dooke.

Anyone up for a quick match or two before I head off to work? XD Count. I see you on!

TIP!

if you get grabbed, and are annoyed at the awful prompts, just mash all the buttons, it doesn't count an incorrect press as a fail. this was my most hated part of the game until i discovered you can mash your way out of a grab.

i'm having way too much fun with this! i've been bouncing between a few friends getting SS ranks

having voice chat is definitely nice and helps so much for this too

Teknoman

Registering Count and Kiryogi too. Dont want to get into an online game atm though since I should be getting ready for work too :p

EDIT: I need to unlock more skills though, since I only have the healing skill atm.

SmithnCo

quinntendopower said:
TIP!

if you get grabbed, and are annoyed at the awful prompts, just mash all the buttons, it doesn't count an incorrect press as a fail. this was my most hated part of the game until i discovered you can mash your way out of a grab.

Thank you! I freaking hated those prompts.

Also I added my FC to the community thread but I'll put it here too. I'll add everyone in that thread.

Smithnco 0989 1784 8978

I will be on later tonight.

SmithnCo said:
Thank you! I freaking hated those prompts.

Also I added my FC to the community thread but I'll put it here too. I'll add everyone in that thread.

Smithnco 0989 1784 8978

I will be on later tonight.

Added. My code is 5284-1418-3002.

If others add me PM me with your code as well!

Played a match with a stranger on 4-5, we were down to just the two Wolverine Garradors and one mook at the end, but we both somehow ran out of ammo.

Ran around the stage for six full minutes like chumps spamming the taunt buttons, occasionally trying to knock the mook down a ladder to try and melee him to get a piece of ammo to blow up all the barrels in the stage. Was unsuccessful.

I hope to god there isn't some bizarre combination that allows you to use the knife.

Teknoman

meltingparappa said:
Played a match with a stranger on 4-5, we were down to just the two Wolverine Garradors and one mook at the end, but we both somehow ran out of ammo.

Ran around the stage for six full minutes like chumps spamming the taunt buttons, occasionally trying to knock the mook down a ladder to try and melee him to get a piece of ammo to blow up all the barrels in the stage. Was unsuccessful.

I hope to god there isn't some bizarre combination that allows you to use the knife.

Jill's weapon set lets you use the knife.

ravien56

Alright my friend code is:4639-8961-8482
Gonna also post this in the community thread and I'll make sure to add everyone else in this thread.

jokkir

Who's stronger: Krauser or Wesker? I can't tell between the two. Krauser seems to have more insta-kill attacks while Wesker's melee attacks seem to kill everything after one punch.

Top Bottom