• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

belvedere

Junior Butler
So if you physically went to a Gamestop and pre-ordered Resistance 2 we're fucked?

I don't know if my email address is linked to my account information that they have in their system at the store and I don't have an account with them online. That being said, I have no idea how on earth they'd email anyone who pre-ordered it at the store.

I called my local Gamestop and they told me they got in a "few" codes earlier this week but they're already "all gone".

I guess the employees already used them/gave them to their friends.

I'm losing hope.

msdstc said:
Anybody have extra codes? Somebody pmed me one a while back, but it says it's invalid. Am I supposed to enter this code somewhere other than transaction managment? Is it a voucher or something?

It's probably the gamestop code. There's some website or other (can't remember) where you register that code to have the actual code sent to you. Of course, some of us registered codes weeks ago and are still waiting.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
It's probably the gamestop code. There's some website or other (can't remember) where you register that code to have the actual code sent to you. Of course, some of us registered codes weeks ago and are still waiting.
MyResistance.net
You put the GS code in on the site and Get a code for redemption.

Acid08

Banned
belvedere said:
So if you physically went to a Gamestop and pre-ordered Resistance 2 we're fucked?

I don't know if my email address is linked to my account information that they have in their system at the store and I don't have an account with them online. That being said, I have no idea how on earth they'd email anyone who pre-ordered it at the store.

I called my local Gamestop and they told me they got in a "few" codes earlier this week but they're already "all gone".

I guess the employees already used them/gave them to their friends.

I'm losing hope.
Uh you were supposed to get a piece of paper with a code you registered on resistance.net then they sent you the actual download code today. It has absolutely nothing to do with GS after you preorder.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I ran through some of the maps and they seemed pretty good. You all need to check out the San Francisco docks one. Play around with the water because it looks amazing. I tried to play a local co-op game with my roommate and we got destroyed right off the bat. :lol You really need to have a pretty good sized team to take on co-op. I would give better impressions but I need to study for a midterm. I'll be on a lot more this weekend and will give more detailed impressions then.

Fizzle

Kagari said:
HOLY CRAP, I JOINED A GAME... MY EYES BLEED FROM THE AMAZING.

Spiderman_The_Amazing_Vintage_White_Shirt.jpg

?

M3Freak

Banned
BobTheFork said:
You are now infected and will soon become one of us.

I will pass judgement tonight. I still have horrible, horrible scars from the private beta. If R2 multiplayer is similar to that, I will go blind.

Trevelyan

Banned
played about 3 different co-op games from anywhere between 5-8 people, and it was a fucking blast. Some of the maps really require some strategy and everyone was constantly talking about ways to progress through the level. Such a fucking awesome experience.

Sigh. Pre-ordered at GS, no email. I have a feeling my son used his own email address, which I don't think is the one tied to his PSN ID (it's my email address)...

This sucks.

CoilShot

Trevelyan said:
played about 3 different co-op games from anywhere between 5-8 people, and it was a fucking blast. Some of the maps really require some strategy and everyone was constantly talking about ways to progress through the level. Such a fucking awesome experience.

Quick question relating to talking... Is it push to talk(Press L3) or just talk and everyone can hear you?

M3Freak said:
I will pass judgement tonight. I still have horrible, horrible scars from the private beta. If R2 multiplayer is similar to that, I will go blind.
you are better off waiting for the finished product if you feel that way. PM your beta code.

Aladuf

Banned
Dibbz said:
Graphics.

Show me them.

Here's a few rough pix I just took. Only of the map Orick for now, but I'm sure other people in here will get more of the other maps. Sorry for the flash.

100_0832.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0835.jpg

Ashhong

uh, have there been reports of anybody receiving the gamestop one by email? as far as i know you can only get it from the piece of paper they should have given you. we still have more at my gamestop, i would have taken some for you guys if i knew that the beta was starting soon.

Trevelyan

Banned
CoilShot said:
Quick question relating to talking... Is it push to talk(Press L3) or just talk and everyone can hear you?
Pretty sure its just free-talk ala CoD4. Although it says R3 push to talk... i never had to.

Cruzader

Banned
Ashhong said:
uh, have there been reports of anybody receiving the gamestop one by email? as far as i know you can only get it from the piece of paper they should have given you. we still have more at my gamestop, i would have taken some for you guys if i knew that the beta was starting soon.

I did today, from GS.

desertdroog

Let me clarify how I got mine.

I pre-ordered the Game as soon as JStevenson announced the LE. I went back to that same Gamestop when it was announced that the beta cards for pre-orders were now in the stores. I put that code on myresistance beta site and today I got the confirmation and beta entry code in my hotmail account.

I am a Qore yearly subscriber starting with Episode 2. I haven't seen anything related to that. I also put my name in the Gamepro beta site during the ARG.

Goldrusher

Guled said:
can anyone check how many maps are in the beta

maps
dusk or dawn: San Francisco, near the bridge seen in the artwork, military harbor with aircraft carriers and stuff
daytime: Orrick, in the woods
night: Chicago, lots of buildings and narrow streets

games
offline co-op
online co-op, deathmatch, team deathmatch, skirmish

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Insomniac, once again you never cease to amaze me. This game is so unbelievably polished... no jaggies to be seen and no ugly jaggy shadows :O

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BobTheFork said:
MyResistance.net
You put the GS code in on the site and Get a code for redemption.

Well I got my free code in the email anyways, but I still have my other voucher which I could use to redeem. Where on the site do I enter it?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Acid08 said:
Uh you were supposed to get a piece of paper with a code you registered on resistance.net then they sent you the actual download code today. It has absolutely nothing to do with GS after you preorder.

Yes, but clearly the original code doesn't appear out of thin air, correct?

If GS produced this original piece of paper, wouldn't they have everything to do with the pre-order?

Top Bottom