• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

Steroyd

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I can't wait for to get my copy of this game so I can play with you guys again :( Does the whole clan pretty much have the map packs? I haven't bought them but if everyone else does I might make the the overpriced plunge so it's easier for clan nights.

Everyone that was on last night had map packs but the damn maps didn't pop up. >_<

rc213

jstevenson said:
We’re pleased to announce that RFOM Map Pack 1 levels are now integrated into all ranked game match types. If you have the map pack installed and search for ranked games in Free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, or Team Objective, some of your matches will now be in the new levels with other Map Pack 1 owners. Along with this change, Map Pack Mayhem has been removed.
</fap>

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
Map pack matching seems to be working well for small parties and individuals. Unfortunately, the one experience we had tonight with a 10+ person party did not serve up the new maps. Remember that this is the first time we could really test this in the wild so please be slightly patient while we tweak things a bit to get it working better for this case.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
neogaf_cage_free said:
Map pack matching seems to be working well for small parties and individuals. Unfortunately, the one experience we had tonight with a 10+ person party did not serve up the new maps. Remember that this is the first time we could really test this in the wild so please be slightly patient while we tweak things a bit to get it working better for this case.

Yep but when it dwindled down to 3 and 4 of us we were able to get the new maps a few times. Good times.

tanod

when is my burrito
neogaf_cage_free said:

Kaz?

I was thinking that maybe Insomniac would do well to weight the new maps rotation in ranked a little heavier temporarily to kind of make it more apparent that a change was made. Just a thought.

Good games last night. Since it's been a month since I've played, I'm trying to start out with a new sensitivity level to see if it helps my aiming and chances in a fire fight.

If there was one thing I would ask for, it would be acceleration controls and y-sensitivity because I love that I can keep a bead on guys much easier with a lower sensitivity but there's no chance in hell that I can turn around and cap a guy who's on my ass (what slim chance that I would have even if it was higher). Also, vertical sensitvity is a little too low and I'll find myself looking at the ground if I jump down from those ramps in Somerset even if I start looking up as I'm jumping down.

It's kind of frustrating because I don't think I've ever played another shooter enough to be able to tell what settings worked best for me or even cared about them. I guess that's what I get for playing the same MP game for 10 months.

Kittonwy

Banned
3326fa70e11ec3d07511f0338ff4a244_th.jpg

^^ U SAD CUZ U NOT GETTIN' NEW MAPS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

BE PATIENT RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

"Everyone that was on last night had map packs but the damn maps didn't pop up. >_<"

:lol How ironic... Well, my copy of resistance just came in today so I'll be back playing with you guys.

djkimothy

I'll be on tonight again. Was fun last night, too bad we couldn't get the new maps with bigger team. But then, you have to rely on other people on resistance to have the maps as well.

PS, it's a shame the mega thread will be left to die in the other forum... :(

Steroyd

I bet you any money Chryz is playing the new maps just as I log out.

No new maps again :mad:

I would like to apologise to Safe_Bet
for being a cheap ass and not getting the map packs.

I still love you man.

ChryZ

Not much luck today, we only managed to get one new map game in 3h ... and it was before Steroyd and Safe Bet joined ;)

This map pack drama caused some comedy gold though:

dscf1029b.jpg

:lol

The Jer

man, that was fun.

I really need to start playing this again.

Problem is, since I moved, my place is the place to "crash."
It doesn't really give me the ability to just jump on and play really easily.
Someone always wants to play or talk while I play or something.

But, I really want to play with the ya'll, again.

Is it ok if I join you guys without the maps tonight? Also, are these maps planned to be free at any point or they don't plan on doing something like that?

Big-E

God I feel terrible, I haven't been on in weeks. Going to try to make it out more but school is a bitch.

Steroyd

I was playing the new maps offline, I didn't know the mall was a 32 player map, I didn't realise how heavily skewed to Sommerset, Manchester and Nottingham matchmaking was compared to Rooftops, The Mall and Lexington.

Looks like the 2 new maps are in The Mall, Lexington and Rooftops bracket in terms of rarity. :(

tanod said:
Kaz?

I was thinking that maybe Insomniac would do well to weight the new maps rotation in ranked a little heavier temporarily to kind of make it more apparent that a change was made. Just a thought.

We have a system in place that attempts to give you an even distribution of all maps by weighting your chance to get the map packs appropriately. Unfortunately, we're currently tracking a bug where that weighting system can get stuck and when that happens it will either give you mostly map pack games or almost no map pack games. I suggest if you notice a long dry spell where you're not getting any map packs that you re-form the party with a different party leader, as this will reset the system. If you're not in a party, logging out and logging back in will also reset it.

Sorry for the trouble, we'll hopefully have this fixed very soon.

-Ross

M3Freak

Banned
igRossMcIntosh said:
We have a system in place that attempts to give you an even distribution of all maps by weighting your chance to get the map packs appropriately. Unfortunately, we're currently tracking a bug where that weighting system can get stuck and when that happens it will either give you mostly map pack games or almost no map pack games. I suggest if you notice a long dry spell where you're not getting any map packs that you re-form the party with a different party leader, as this will reset the system. If you're not in a party, logging out and logging back in will also reset it.

Sorry for the trouble, we'll hopefully have this fixed very soon.

-Ross

Holy shit - someone else other than efirtlis can finally lead the parties. You hear that, you beetch??!?!

M3Freak

Banned
Game rocks, man. It truly rocks. I'm nearing one year of non-stop online play, and I'm not anywhere near bored with it.

BTW, we got Camborne and Westermorland last night. We played the 16 player maps even though there were only 10 people total playing. Still, AWESOME WOWSOME fun. Freaking Camborne OWNED. I love it. ::dances::

My hunch about Westmorland is right: the team that takes control of the high ground will most likely own the entire round. They not only get sniper rifles up there, they also have a LAARK. So, if we try to crawl up to take them out, we:

1. get picked off by snipers because they have some truly awesome hiding spots up there
2. get LAARKed up the ass
3. grenaded to high heaven

The bottom half has good weapons too, but no LAARK. :(

The best strategy is probably to have a couple of snipers to hold the guys up top at bay, and have everyone else rush up from both sides.

Kittonwy

Banned
0008xxw4jf4.jpg

^^ GB WILL EATZ U ALIVE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

TGIF RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

Steroyd

Tonight is going to be wierd at exactly the clan meetup time the GT5P demo hits so I may be a little late depending how long it takes for the demo to pop up in the store.

Firewire

Banned
Steroyd said:
Tonight is going to be wierd at exactly the clan meetup time the GT5P demo hits so I may be a little late depending how long it takes for the demo to pop up in the store.

I'll be there for some Friday night madness!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ok guys, I need a big turn out from you tonight (Saturday) a good friend of mine who doubts the awesomeness of Resistance is going to be joining us, we must prove to her how teh awesome GAF nights are.

Steroyd

Whoops guess I suck at doing all nighters then. :/

Actually it was Polyphony's fault they launched the GT5P demo 6 hours earlier than planned, was absolutely hammered by time it was clan time.

ChryZ

1191520747554-1.jpg

^^ Ready your gunz, ale your throatz for gb criez! RAWR!
Indifferent2.gif

Tonight is...

F'ING CATURDAY NIGHT!!!1!one

RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

1192626665657.gif

We're expecting company ... so behave yourself!
No tranny bashing tonight, mkay?

Batgirl

Firewire said:
:lol

Thats exactly what I meant by our best behavior!

Being said "friend", this ought to be entertaining.

Shots for every time I die or get lost on a map I've never played?
Or better yet - double shots for James every time I kill him.

:D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Batgirl said:
Being said "friend", this ought to be entertaining.

Shots for every time I die or get lost on a map I've never played?

One game of Breach and you are sooo done.

Batgirl said:
Or better yet - double shots for James every time I kill him.

:D

Not happening since we play in a party, but let's say double shots to the person who ranks lower.

Batgirl

jstevenson said:
Not happening since we play in a party, but let's say double shots to the person who ranks lower.

Can we put him on the other team?
Then again there's always friendly fire......

Top Bottom