• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
cat-slippers.jpg

^^ AM I SEEING DOUBLE RAWR???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

WENCHES AS FAR AS TEH EYE CAN SEE... AND BARRELZZZZZZZZZ!!! FUCKING BARRELAMA BABEEEE RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'll be on tonight if you guys don't mind playing without the new maps. Are you guys using that wedge formation a lot recently?

We use a main wedge but some of us split to the side to flank non-gaffers for massive pwnage-wownage.
Indifferent2.gif

"We use a main wedge but some of us split to the side to flank non-gaffers for massive pwnage-wownage."

Ya in other games people I played with used wedges except for certain games where the grenades wind up making you pay for using a wedge. I would have thought it would be hard into resistance since it's pretty easy to get grenade kills.

Blunty

Hi, I got my PS3 and Resistance a couple of week backs, had a quick go online but decided to finish the single player first. Having now done that (awesome) I'm looking to get into the online a bit more. It seemed really hard though, maybe it's just because a lot of the people on there have been playing for a year, but it seems you can get killed REALLY quickly without knowing anything about it. Any advice or tips?

Also, I don't know anybody with a PS3 lol, no one in my school has a PS3 honetsly, they all have 360's, so if anybody would add me as a friend that would be cool, thanks! :D My user name in 'NickyB_123'

patsu

Blunty said:
Hi, I got my PS3 and Resistance a couple of week backs, had a quick go online but decided to finish the single player first. Having now done that (awesome) I'm looking to get into the online a bit more. It seemed really hard though, maybe it's just because a lot of the people on there have been playing for a year, but it seems you can get killed REALLY quickly without knowing anything about it. Any advice or tips?

It's been asked a few times in the official thread before. Quite a few people better than me gave their advices. You might want to dig it up :p

Don't forget the RAGE (Chimera)/Run (Human) mode, and aim for the head (Adjust your "gun-sight" higher).

Also, I don't know anybody with a PS3 lol, no one in my school has a PS3 honetsly, they all have 360's, so if anybody would add me as a friend that would be cool, thanks! :D My user name in 'NickyB_123'

Hm... I'll add you once I'm back in the office the day after. I'm on leave :D

Ragnarok10

Listening to Insomniac Podacst and more importantly the Resistance Patch 6 Details!

1: Screenshots that dump to "Photo" in XMB (uses 'Print Screen' button on KB)
2: Can disable 40mm Grenade and Bullseye Tag in custom games
3: Password protected private games
4: Custom game option for "aggressive" round balancing (re-balances teams after each round)
5: Rumble Support in SP and MP
6: Weapon Balancing
-decrease in shotgun damage and range
-increase reload time on rocket launcher
-decrease speed of rockets
-decrease rocket/frag grendade splash radius
-higher range damage from hedgehogs
-increased rate of fire on arc charger (primary fire damage decrease, secondary fire damage increase, reduced clip size)
-bullseye tag refire rate slowed
7: Custom game option to allow game-wide voice chat (spectators included)
8: Elite Soldier and Assassin Medal will record in every game type for ranked games
9: Defender Medal for CTF will record for ranked games
10: New bangles unlockables available on myresistence.net (Clank backpack, Magna Boots, Ratchet's Wrench)

Steroyd

Kittonwy

Banned
catfish.gif

^^ CIRCLE YOUR ENEMIEZ AND STRIKE RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

CIRCLE TEH BARRELZ OR THEY WILL CIRCLE YOU RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Sorry I missed the last few nights guys. Been busy w/ work and had to get a new power brick for my Airport base station after my old one got fried due to a freak power problem we had here in my new building.

Will be on tonight for the tourney.

tanod

when is my burrito
OK. So our match is tonight. Is there any tips we can pass on to each other that we need to remember when we play tonight? Also, we need to check in with Gamespot chat on the tournament website by about 9:30EST so we aren't DQed.

gamespot.com/tournaments

Looking at the results today, if we show up, we are almost guaranteed to go to the next round. However, Team 94 had a full roster of people so it's a little less likely for us to go through by default.

Assault Tips:
-Capturing the first node decreases the respawn time to 5-6 seconds from 12-15 seconds.
-Taking a node should be first priority.
-Auger goes through node protection so you can attack from long distance.
-It's mixed races so FFS, pick Human. Radar and coordination are key for team games.
-Everybody needs to be on squad x-ray, if we have less than 10 people. If you do not have a minimum of 5 people in a squad, you are almost guaranteed to spawn at the base with squad spawn. Squad spawn will not work.

Anybody got anything else?

tanod

when is my burrito
Patch is going up tonight and JS says that a special surprise is in store for people playing tonight. He said that old school players may have seen it before.

Skeleton skin
:D:D:D

sutdawg

Good Luck tonight in the tournement guys. Wish I could have joined but this marriage thing kind of gets in the way of round 2, so I didn't want to leave you guys short-handed. The power of Sutdawg will be with you in spirit and also I'll be waiting in the lobby to join in on blaming Aeon if you guys lose.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
Post some screens ASAP. I want to see what it looks like but I can't right now. Working on grad school paper. :(

doesn't look to be as complex as Halo 3.

Here is the full list

Resistance: Fall of Man
Patch 6 Changes
--
Balance Changes
- Range and damage on the Rossmore 236 has been decreased for both primary and secondary fire modes
- Reload time of the LAARK L209 has been increased.
- Projectile speed of the LAARK L209 has been decreased.
- Splash damage radius of the LAARK L209 has been decreased.
- Hedgehog grenade splash damage has been generally increased, although the radius in which it will kill a player in 1 hit has been decreased.
- Frag grenade splash damage radius has been decreased.
- Arc charger fire rate has been increased.
- Arc charger clip size has been reduced.
- Arc charger damage has been decreased for the primary fire and increased for the secondary fire.
- Rate of fire the bullseye tag (secondary fire) has been decreased.

New Features
- Player with a USB keyboard attached to their Playstation 3 may now take in-game screenshots by pressing the “printscreen” key (multiplayer only). There will be a slight pause as the screenshot is taken. The screenshots will be viewable from the Photo bar of the XMB menu. (meh?)
- Players may now create a custom game that requires a password for other players to join. When creating a custom game, select the option named “password” and enter the desired password from the on-screen keyboard. Players who are invited into a password protected game by another player already in the game do not need to enter a password to accept the invite. Password protected games will be indicated by a “lock” icon next to the game name in the “Find Game” screen.
- Bullseye Tags may be turned off as a custom game option without turning off the bullseye.
- Carbine 40mm Grenades may be turned off as a custom game option without turning off the carbine.
- There is a new game option named “Send Voice Chat To All”. If this is enabled, then all players in the game may hear voice chat sent from any other player in the game, including players on the opposing team and spectators. Squad voice chat will still only be heard by members of the same squad. This option defaults to off.
- The game option “Round balancing” now has a third option available to custom games – “Aggressive”. If round balancing is set to aggressive, it will attempt to rebalance the teams every round based on how well the players scored in the previous round to create the most even teams. “Aggressive” round balancing WILL split parties.
- Both Multiplayer and Singleplayer Resistance: Fall of Man now support the rumble feature of the Playstation Dual Shock 3 controller.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed several possible collision exploits
- The “Elite Soldier” and “Assassin” medals are now obtainable in all ranked gametypes instead of just Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch
- “Defender” ribbons obtained in ranked CTF games will now correctly add to your total stats
- Fixed several issues that could cause party members to drop out of a party
- Various lobby, disconnect, and miscellaneous fixes.

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
doesn't look to be as complex as Halo 3.

Sounds a lot easier to use and is instant rather than having to dig through a video, taking a shot, downloading it from the bungie website and then posting it.

Infinite amount of space and easily portable. I like!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
Sounds a lot easier to use and is instant rather than having to dig through a video, taking a shot, downloading it from the bungie website and then posting it.

Infinite amount of space and easily portable. I like!

But you can move the camera around in Halo 3. Here it's just a first person shot you can take

Anyway, posted the screen in the other thread but here it is again
4qxt7ba.jpg

Edit: actually you can also take pics in spectator mode.
54cdqx5.jpg

5zmn439.jpg

52qj5s9.jpg

4xxa8sh.jpg

5x7fugy.jpg

67rnifm.jpg

tanod

when is my burrito
We were the first teams to actually play in the tournament and we lose.

Everybody else in the first round got a bye. What a gip. :mad:

Aeon712

It's not just me, a bunch of players over at Myresistance are complaining about the new Arc Charger. That crap kills in like 1-2hits with it's increased damage and rate of fire. It's become the new shotgun. Hopefully this gets reverted with a mini patch to the old AC and all will be well with the patch. If not then I stand by my comments to Kaz that everytime they release a patch they break something else.

Steroyd

At least the Arc Charger takes longer to spawn than the shotty.

Which btw some tried to shotty me from range and FAILED! pwned his ass good. ^_^

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
Aeon712 said:
It's not just me, a bunch of players over at Myresistance are complaining about the new Arc Charger. That crap kills in like 1-2hits with it's increased damage and rate of fire. It's become the new shotgun. Hopefully this gets reverted with a mini patch to the old AC and all will be well with the patch. If not then I stand by my comments to Kaz that everytime they release a patch they break something else.

We were just about to release it without the arc charger tune up, but then we thought "hey, what will people have to complain about in this new patch? we figured some people would stop playing the game if they couldn't dream of a better day when only Resistance would be perfect. so we went back in and tweaked it."

Angelcurio

neogaf_cage_free said:
We were just about to release it without the arc charger tune up, but then we thought "hey, what will people have to complain about in this new patch? we figured some people would stop playing the game if they couldn't dream of a better day when only Resistance would be perfect. so we went back in and tweaked it."
In the last mathc i played with the clan yesterday, my ass was handed down to me due to that Arc charger tune up.

The Arc Charger is the new shotgun.

Aeon712

neogaf_cage_free said:
:lol
You have become my favorite Insomniac member ever.

tanod

when is my burrito
neogaf_cage_free said:

Maybe that's why we lost so hard in the tournament yesterday. I forgot that you guys upped the damage on the arc charger. :( That and the guys on the other team were a lot better shots than some of us (me in particular). :(

Is it just me or did it sound like the gamespot chick wasn't even paying any attention to what was going on? First, she made the game wrong and took 10 minutes to respond to anybody about it and then another 10 minutes went by after that until she finally remade the game. Then, she had to ask us afterwards what the score was because after we lost our 2nd match, we quit out. Never playing in a gamespot tournament again. What a clusterfuck.

On a positive note. I finished my paper last night and still got 4 hours of sleep. YAY me!

JB1981

Man, I love the new weapon balance. Nade and rocket launcher splash damage are much improved. Carbine is stronger (Bullseye doesn't straight rip you up anymore). And you now have to get very up close and personal with the shotty for that one-hit kill. Excellent update imo.

Maggot9

Banned
JB1981 said:
Man, I love the new weapon balance. Nade and rocket launcher splash damage are much improved. Carbine is stronger (Bullseye doesn't straight rip you up anymore). And you now have to get very up close and personal with the shotty for that one-hit kill. Excellent update imo.
Carbine didn't change

JB1981

Maggot9 said:
Carbine didn't change
It sure feels like it when you're shooting a Chimera! I guess it's because that bullseye tag isn't as effective as it used to be. Either way, it's an excellent balancing decision.

"Yeah, and for those who stayed until the very end when everyone else bailed, you have my respect."

:lol I think there was like 3 of us left by the end, so depressing.

Angelcurio

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Yeah, and for those who stayed until the very end when everyone else bailed, you have my respect."

:lol I think there was like 3 of us left by the end, so depressing.
Yeah, but as i said, the end result was atrocious. 14 kills and 74 deaths =/

"What pushed me over the edge in that match was when they were in the base and didn't even damage the node."

Ya, last ten minutes I kept jumping by the node (attempting to at least) hoping they would shoot it by accident

"Yeah, but as i said, the end result was atrocious. 14 kills and 74 deaths =/"

O, never said it wasn't. I didn't even want to check mine. Just kinda funny you'd see a swarm of the other guys and then like one or two of the dots representing us flicker on the screen every once in while. :lol

FredFish

Yeah the stats were pretty ugly. I was pretty shocked to see that Kitton and someone else had made it out of the base though near the end. No idea how they managed that.

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:
Yeah, but as i said, the end result was atrocious. 14 kills and 74 deaths =/

95 deaths for me in that round alone. I kept saying oh you guys if you want to leave, go ahead, but you guys stayed, so I stayed, it was teh right thing to do.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom