• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
dudes... sorry, totally lost power. posting from my phone.

and if someone DID give you my cell phone #, well use it wisely. lol.

FredFish

Nice to see a full house tonight. Good to be back playing with the clan. Don't worry JS, Batgirl didn't give out your phone number...but she did give out your Social Security number :lol

Angelcurio

Resistancr is almost one year old, numerous multiplayer enabled game titles have come and gone, and yet we still get full room nights on Resistance. This is a great achievement Insomniac, congratulations on it. Specially when you take into consideration that this was a launch title.

Wollan

As I understood it, we had almost two full rooms today. We had one 20man group and someone said fifteen more people in the clan were in the game.

Kittonwy

Banned
breaky.jpg

^^ A HEARTY BREAKFAST FOR GB MY SON!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

SUNDAY NIGHT IS FUNDAY NIGHT RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yeah does the Warhawk head set work well with Resistance? I just mowed don the Single Player this week and want to get on the MP but need a head set first.

Firewire

Banned
haunts said:
Yeah does the Warhawk head set work well with Resistance? I just mowed don the Single Player this week and want to get on the MP but need a head set first.

It work great on Resistance, its what I use.

tanod

when is my burrito
FredFish said:
Nice to see a full house tonight. Good to be back playing with the clan. Don't worry JS, Batgirl didn't give out your phone number...but she did give out your Social Security number :lol

Oh, so that's what it was. :D

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Damn, I was such a foul-mouthed sob tonight, and LOL @ maggot dragon-hogging at Westmorland.
Indifferent2.gif

CAMBORNE, YOU NEWB, CAAAAAMMMBOOOOOOORNE!!!!!!

ASSAULT ON CAMBORNE LAST NGIHT....!!! HOLY SHEEEEETS!

careksims

M3Freak said:
CAMBORNE, YOU NEWB, CAAAAAMMMBOOOOOOORNE!!!!!!

ASSAULT ON CAMBORNE LAST NGIHT....!!! HOLY SHEEEEETS!

Yeah that was great! That made my night! It was funny to hear Kittonwy barking about Maggot being a dragon whore >>

sutdawg

Kittonwy said:
Damn, I was such a foul-mouthed sob tonight, and LOL @ maggot dragon-hogging at Westmorland.
Indifferent2.gif
Yeah you were a little pissy but that's ok... I always solve that problem by switching to my own squad for peace and quite. :D

Just got my ps3 today with resistance and sent off for an invite to the clan. I'll be canon fodder for whoever walks past me...I really suck! Look forward to trying it out.

Firewire

Banned
sutdawg said:
Wait what is today? We usually play only Sunday night thru Saturday night.... I think today falls between those days. :lol

There hasn't been a Kittonwy approved rawr post though! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
449307905_ea04ec6628.jpg

^^ PLAYIN' WIT MAH TOYZ RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

TAKE A BREAK FROM RATCHET AND LET'S GAME BATTLE RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

careksims

Sorry guys! I can't play tonight because I live in the San Diego area and with the fires going around, it's pretty scary. Almost got evacuated here, but thank goodness for the National Guard helicopters. Still the fires are raging and hopefully I can play on Friday! Have fun folks!

tanod

when is my burrito
careksims said:
Sorry guys! I can't play tonight because I live in the San Diego area and with the fires going around, it's pretty scary. Almost got evacuated here, but thank goodness for the National Guard helicopters. Still the fires are raging and hopefully I can play on Friday! Have fun folks!

Stay safe, Carek. :( Keep us updated.

sutdawg

careksims said:

Seriously Careksims, no need to apologize. I think we'll let you slide this time. Hope you and your family are safe.

Kittonwy

Banned
careksims said:

Stay safe rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
274758700_a2bef89149.jpg

^^ I BE DRINKIN' RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

WHO'S HAWT RAWR???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

"No but I want to play with the new maps. :mad:"

Eh, I wound up passing tonight since I figured you guys would want to play new maps. It's hard bringing myself to spend $8 on it. Are they definately not going to be free at any point? I would make it easier to make up my mind if they definately won't make it free.

Steroyd

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"No but I want to play with the new maps. :mad:"

Eh, I wound up passing tonight since I figured you guys would want to play new maps. It's hard bringing myself to spend $8 on it. Are they definately not going to be free at any point? I would make it easier to make up my mind if they definately won't make it free.

Oh no don't skip clan nights because of me :'(, the map packs are so rare it wouldn't make a difference.

"Oh no don't skip clan nights because of me :'(, the map packs are so rare it wouldn't make a difference."

Nah, it wasn't you personally or anything. I just know a lot of you guys have been pumped to play the new maps. I don't mind sitting out once in a while if you guys want to play the new maps. No biggie.

Angelcurio

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Oh no don't skip clan nights because of me :'(, the map packs are so rare it wouldn't make a difference."

Nah, it wasn't you personally or anything. I just know a lot of you guys have been pumped to play the new maps. I don't mind sitting out once in a while if you guys want to play the new maps. No biggie.
Dont worry about the new maps, i crashed on all clan nights almost since the PS3 european launch and i just bought the maps 3 weeks ago, so it doesnt matter.

womfalcs3

Banned
What's going on? I'm getting 00100000 error saying "login failed". (I don't think it's binary as I was googling for answers, some encountered 00150000)

Kittonwy

Banned
zippy.jpg

^^ HOLD ME, I BE OFF GAME BATTLING RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

BARRELZZZZZZZZZ!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

Kittonwy

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
What's going on? I'm getting 00100000 error saying "login failed". (I don't think it's binary as I was googling for answers, some encountered 00150000)

Reset your modem or something. I was having trouble logging in last night as well and I just reset my router and modem.

Steroyd

I won't be on tonight the clocks go back an hour and as you can see living in Europe I used to get up at 3am but now I have to get up at 2am now... or it's 2am equivalent... at least I think. @_@

Can't be arsed figuring it out tonight.

Top Bottom