• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
You've been gone for a week? No wonder we've been winning so many matches lately!
You have not been missed....
Pffft, more like an epic losing streak. I know you guys can't wait to get the Instant Classic back.

Aeon712

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa Boyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Sister is coming to Philly tonight with my controllers. GAF clan assemble for Resistance tonight. No and's, if's or but's about it.

"Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa Boyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Sister is coming to Philly tonight with my controllers. GAF clan assemble for Resistance tonight. No and's, if's or but's about it."

"GAF clan assemble for Resistance tonight. No and's, if's or but's about it."

"No and's, if's or but's about it."

"No and's, if's or but's about it."

"Gaf Clan assembly aborted, Sister is here without controllers. Cuse me while I go and cry to my PSP :(.

I won't be on either though, gonna be watching the jags game.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Gaf Clan assembly aborted, Sister is here without controllers. Cuse me while I go and cry to my PSP :(.

Freaking Poser. Good thing you haven't been around or you would've been crying like M3Freak when his wife scratched his RDX....I went +40 at Somerset again and you would've been like "WTF eFertLIS you keep steeling my kills"

JB1981

Beatbox said:
Freaking Poser. Good thing you haven't been around or you would've been crying like M3Freak when his wife scratched his RDX....I went +40 at Somerset again and you would've been like "WTF eFertLIS you keep steeling my kills"
are you guys playing tonight?

Kittonwy

Banned
Watch me break dem with teh seven, seven ereven, seven ereven, seven even back do' lil joe rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

GAF Clan reassemble, I'm bout to go to a friends house and take his second controller till I get mine back. Gaf Clan tonight we kill Chimera :D.

I'd like to thank everyone that's been sharing my portion of the kills for the past 14 days. Now that I will be back you can all go back to hating me for being so awesome and cursing CDubb for letting me hold his controller. Or just blame the Aeon Effect.

JB1981

i guess you guys in the gaf clan don't experience this much because you play in such big numbers, but after playing a few small team deathmatch games over the weekend, i found this game has been exploited to no end.

essentially, each team deathmatch game (3v3, 4v4) boils down to one team (usually a clan) spamming Laarks, 40mms and Arc Chargers. Halfway through each match, the team that is getting pummeled has half its crew leave, leaving you and one other poor guy to take the rest of the pummeling.

this isn't even really a "shooter" anymore. it's a game of who can get to the power weapons first and use them over and over and over. Unless you are in a game of 10 players or more, any weapon other than what I mentioned above is absolutely useless. the bullseye, the auger, the shotgun - all completely and utterly ineffective against Laark rockets and 40mm grenades.

also, objective games (like CTF) go on for way too long. It can take up to an hour to finish an objective game w/ 5 other people. That is just not fun. The games should be 30 minutes TOPS. I still can't understand how, with all their patching, Insomniac has not done anything about this.

There also needs to be more built-in matchmaking options. If you want to play a game w/ big numbers, you should be able to search for Big Team Battle or something, not simply Team Deathmatch - use the Halo model and divide it up between small 4v4 slayer and big team battle matches. I don't know, I'm down on the game. I like it when I play with the clan, but playing by yourself is just not worth imo., especially with the incessant Laark, 40mm and Arc Charger spamming.

I want to play GAF!!!

Yea, I'm stoked for Resistance 2, played RFOM last night, and I want more.

PSN: tha_con

If anyone could send me an invite over the PSN or in Resistance, I'd love to play.

Ceb

JB1981 said:
i guess you guys in the gaf clan don't experience this much because you play in such big numbers, but after playing a few small team deathmatch games over the weekend, i found this game has been exploited to no end.

essentially, each team deathmatch game (3v3, 4v4) boils down to one team (usually a clan) spamming Laarks, 40mms and Arc Chargers. Halfway through each match, the team that is getting pummeled has half its crew leave, leaving you and one other poor guy to take the rest of the pummeling.

this isn't even really a "shooter" anymore. it's a game of who can get to the power weapons first and use them over and over and over. Unless you are in a game of 10 players or more, any weapon other than what I mentioned above is absolutely useless. the bullseye, the auger, the shotgun - all completely and utterly ineffective against Laark rockets and 40mm grenades.

also, objective games (like CTF) go on for way too long. It can take up to an hour to finish an objective game w/ 5 other people. That is just not fun. The games should be 30 minutes TOPS. I still can't understand how, with all their patching, Insomniac has not done anything about this.

There also needs to be more built-in matchmaking options. If you want to play a game w/ big numbers, you should be able to search for Big Team Battle or something, not simply Team Deathmatch - use the Halo model and divide it up between small 4v4 slayer and big team battle matches. I don't know, I'm down on the game. I like it when I play with the clan, but playing by yourself is just not worth imo., especially with the incessant Laark, 40mm and Arc Charger spamming.

Tried to get back into Resistance a while ago, had the same experience. For all its faults, CoD4 MP is a lot easier to really get the hang of.

FightyF

Banned
To the GAF Resistance clan who plays regularily...how big have the parties been recently? I'm down for playing tonight to celebrate the news of R2.

I got hockey till 9pm MST and I'll be on from thereon out.

Kittonwy

Banned
FightyF said:
To the GAF Resistance clan who plays regularily...how big have the parties been recently? I'm down for playing tonight to celebrate the news of R2.

I got hockey till 9pm MST and I'll be on from thereon out.

The last night I played with the clan had about 7-8 people, not bad, good size for tdm.

FightyF

Banned
I'm back from hockey, but I'm starving. I made the mistake of not eating today and I had no energy. So I should be on in 15min.

Aeon712

Sorry I ignored you guys messages last night, somehow my PS3 turned on when I wasnt home :lol. If I get home in time from dinner I'm game to play Unr err um Resistance :D.

careksims

Kittonwy said:
Finally gotz my 10 kill medalz after 8 beerz rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Congrats! At least you know when you had your's! I didn't even know I had mine until I got mine and asked "how!?"

I also changed my button layout. Finally got rid of Crouch being on R3. >_> Let's see how that plays out.

M3Freak

Banned
Resistance 2 can't come soon enough. Resistance 1 online isn't the same anymore. LAARK whores, 40mm whores, Arc Charger whores, K/D whores, wimps hiding because they're too afraid to fight, laggers out the ying/yang, no more massive Assault, Breach or Meltdown games. So sad...

Still, TDM is mostly fun - even a year later. It's definitely not what it used to be, but I'll keep playing. :)

"Resistance 2 can't come soon enough. Resistance 1 online isn't the same anymore. LAARK whores, 40mm whores, Arc Charger whores, K/D whores, wimps hiding because they're too afraid to fight, laggers out the ying/yang, no more massive Assault, Breach or Meltdown games. So sad...

Still, TDM is mostly fun - even a year later. It's definitely not what it used to be, but I'll keep playing. :)"

Does no one want to play the other game types anymore or do they just not really come up anymore?

ChryZ

M3Freak said:
Resistance 2 can't come soon enough. Resistance 1 online isn't the same anymore. LAARK whores, 40mm whores, Arc Charger whores, K/D whores, wimps hiding because they're too afraid to fight, laggers out the ying/yang, no more massive Assault, Breach or Meltdown games. So sad...
You forgot those damn sniper whores ;)

Beatbox

M3Freak said:

Still, TDM is mostly fun - even a year later. It's definitely not what it used to be, but I'll keep playing. :)

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today :lol

M3Freak

Banned
ChryZ said:
You forgot those damn sniper whores ;)

I don't the sniper whores have changed much. They're better, but otherwise it's the same old shit, but since that weapon requires skill, there aren't as many. It's the whores I mentioned that are making the game less enjoyable these days.

M3Freak

Banned
Beatbox said:
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today :lol

Nah! I'm tired, but that's about it.

Speaking of tired, I have to end the late night Resistance sessions with you guys. They're destroying my sleep - I'm always wiped and falling asleep at work. I never feel refreshed when I wake up. :(

I should call it a night at 11:30 p.m., and no later.

Beatbox

M3Freak said:
Nah! I'm tired, but that's about it.

Speaking of tired, I have to end the late night Resistance sessions with you guys. They're destroying my sleep - I'm always wiped and falling asleep at work. I never feel refreshed when I wake up. :(

I should call it a night at 11:30 p.m., and no later.

I think you just need an intervention. Take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself - "What's more fun? RFOM online with the awesome GAF clan? Or work?". Let us know the answer :D

ChryZ

Beatbox said:
I think you just need an intervention. Take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself - "What's more fun? RFOM online with the awesome GAF clan? Or work?". Let us know the answer :D
The solution is pretty easy, all you guys switch to part time. Working half days means you can join ChryZ around noon and we all win ... would also be handy for that R2 8P co-op thingy :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Hi guys - long time, no "leadership" from moi. Tanod volunteered to take over clan leadership and I think that's for the best, esp. if you want to kick out some of the dead weight (like me) and bring in some new blood. I'll be transferring leadership over to tanod later today, just FYI. Prepare your last minute coup d'etat accordingly.

ChryZ

kaching said:
Hi guys - long time, no "leadership" from moi. Tanod volunteered to take over clan leadership and I think that's for the best, esp. if you want to kick out some of the dead weight (like me) and bring in some new blood. I'll be transferring leadership over to tanod later today, just FYI. Prepare your last minute coup d'etat accordingly.
You did an excellent job, many thanks!

Oh and thanks to Tanod for taking over!

tha_con

Banned
So I purchased and downloaded the new maps, and Bracknell is freaking JAW dropping. I am floored by how good it looks.

M3Freak

Banned
kaching said:

Nothing against Tanod, but the dude doesn't even play with the clan (rarely). If anyone is going to lead the clan, it has to be one of the guys that play on a daily basis.

If none of the regulars give a shit, that's another matter. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
kaching said:

I smellz a bloody coup hurhurhur.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I smellz a bloody coup hurhurhur.
Indifferent2.gif

It doesn't matter so much since Resistance 1 isn't as awesome online as it used to be. But, I am perturbed that Tanod wants to lead the clan when he doesn't play - that's BS. At least kaching admits that he hasn't been around.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Anyway, congrats to Tanod.
gladtomeetya.gif

I guess. I didn't want the clan leadership...no one else seems to either. So, good for Tanod.

I'm hoping I can Auger someone's ass tonight. Don't know if I'll have time. :(

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:
It doesn't matter so much since Resistance 1 isn't as awesome online as it used to be. But, I am perturbed that Tanod wants to lead the clan when he doesn't play - that's BS. At least kaching admits that he hasn't been around.

I wouldn't call it leading, M3. Yes, I've been more busy. Yes, I've been playing more single player games as of late. Other than Resistance, I have not gotten into any other online games so this is still my online game of choice. Yes, I still think the game is fun but there are two specific organizational problems with the clan that I've seen and I hope to help with. Feel free to disagree.

1)Every night has become a clan night. If you are having problems with low attendance, then you need to pare down how often you officially meet.
2)Our clan list is at capacity. A lot of people play other online games now and there are new players that have a hard time getting in.

Here's what I would suggest to fix this:
1) Pick one day on the weekend and one day during the week to play together "officially."

2) Starting on Sunday, I'm planning to start logging in to resistance MP at least twice a day and record who is actually playing online. I plan on doing this for two weeks to keep track of who is playing and who is not. After the two weeks, I plan on deleting anybody on the clan list who hasn't played in that period. That way, we have room to grow and can make our clan more open to new people. After that, anybody who wants to be added just needs to PM me, just like it used to be.

I volunteered to kaching because I care and wanted to make a difference. I have seen the same lower attendance that you have, M3, and I too, have noticed how playing Resistance online with the clan is "different" now than it used to be. I'd gladly relinquish clan management to whoever else volunteers but I strongly advise considering what I've outlined above. I think that will go a long way to fixing some of the clan issues.

I am open to suggestions and critiques. Feel free to PM or post in the thread.

ChryZ

Maybe it would be easier to ask: who is still playing. Anyone should re-confirm here with PSN ID. I bet, only 1/3 will report back. Collect IDs for a week or two, then remove all inactive members.

tanod

when is my burrito
ChryZ said:
Maybe it would be easier to ask: who is still playing. Anyone should re-confirm here with PSN ID. I bet, only 1/3 will report back. Collect IDs for a week or two, then remove all inactive members.

Good point but I know that some people don't post on GAF very often or at all so they might miss it.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
I wouldn't call it leading, M3. Yes, I've been more busy. Yes, I've been playing more single player games as of late. Other than Resistance, I have not gotten into any other online games so this is still my online game of choice. Yes, I still think the game is fun but there are two specific organizational problems with the clan that I've seen and I hope to help with. Feel free to disagree.

1)Every night has become a clan night. If you are having problems with low attendance, then you need to pare down how often you officially meet.
2)Our clan list is at capacity. A lot of people play other online games now and there are new players that have a hard time getting in.

Here's what I would suggest to fix this:
1) Pick one day on the weekend and one day during the week to play together "officially."

2) Starting on Sunday, I'm planning to start logging in to resistance MP at least twice a day and record who is actually playing online. I plan on doing this for two weeks to keep track of who is playing and who is not. After the two weeks, I plan on deleting anybody on the clan list who hasn't played in that period. That way, we have room to grow and can make our clan more open to new people. After that, anybody who wants to be added just needs to PM me, just like it used to be.

I volunteered to kaching because I care and wanted to make a difference. I have seen the same lower attendance that you have, M3, and I too, have noticed how playing Resistance online with the clan is "different" now than it used to be. I'd gladly relinquish clan management to whoever else volunteers but I strongly advise considering what I've outlined above. I think that will go a long way to fixing some of the clan issues.

I am open to suggestions and critiques. Feel free to PM or post in the thread.

Do you really need to cut down on half the clan just to make some room? The folks from Insomniac are in the clan but they don't play as much with us anymore, would you be kicking them off too? I don't get this whole urgency to do some sort of purge to the clan.

The only real difference is that we don't have 20 guys showing up every clan night anymore (comes with the territory, the game has been out for more than a year) and some of us play every night (I don't, I try to limit myself to the 4 clan nights, if people want to meet outside the clan nights I don't see the problem at all) and the clan night starts a bit later now because some of us chat beforehand. Clan nights are still tuesday, friday, saturday and sunday, it has always been that way since we added friday, eFertLisDotCom/Beatbox is always there, Queeg is always there, Sutdawg is there, I'm there, Hijo still plays alot and M3 still plays alot, patsu plays with us sometime, oh and Halldoor is there too, I'm not sure who plays during the euro hours except for ChryZ, Beatbox and Queeg probably play the most and Beatbox usually runs the party anyway.

As for the two problems you've mentioned:

1) Personally it would be easier for us (as in the regulars) to remove those who don't play with us at all and add those who are from gaf playing with us but couldn't be added to the clan, if we had any control over clan management. But then Kaching has done a good job managing the roster up until he went inactive. Those who play the game the most still don't have control over clan management even though Beatbox is essentially the one actually running the clan from the party standpoint night in and night out. Some of us get PMs from time to time from people who want to join and we can't add them.
Indifferent2.gif

2) Every night is NOT clan night, if the regulars want to meet outside of clan nights, I don't see the problem, we've been playing together for more than a year now, if some of us log on and want to start a party on a non-clan night, I think it's fine.

There's no real clan issues outside of Kaching being inactive himself and not as many people play this game in general, that's just the way it goes.

Top Bottom