• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

patsu

Aeon712 said:
:lol, what ever are you implying?

Count me out for tonight, I'm still in Hell Week, was up for 32hrs straight Thursday/Friday and slept 18hrs afterwards :D.

What the hell is Hell Week ?

And yes, I do miss those online meet up posts in the regular thread.

M3Freak said:
Game seems to be dying for the clan. Not many turning out anymore - even the clan night posts aren't being made anymore. I think the down turn occurred when GAF mods insisted we start using the Online forum - thanks a lot, buddies.

Still, it's been a year, and the regulars are still there just about every night. There's still a ton of fun to be had. Plus, two new maps are coming out before the end of the month!

I still play it solo every other day @ odd hours. There are quite a few new/novice players in the game. So I tend to get better scores these days. When I play with you guys, my score will nose-dive, but that's ok. It's fun to fight in a group.

Wollan

ChryZ said:
7w5pysp.gif
Cute overdose!

Aeon712

patsu said:
What the hell is Hell Week ?
This whole Black Friday week at Bestbuy has been like Hell :(. Everyone knows how lazy I am so working 6 days for 60hrs makes Aeon cry. But atleast it supports my gaming addiction :D. I have to work tonight and by time I get home the Eagles and Patriots will be playing so I'll try to get on when the game is over. Win, Lose, or Tie Eagles till I die so I will be watching the whole game no matter how much the Pats run up the score :(.

"Win, Lose, or Tie Eagles till I die so I will be watching the whole game no matter how much the Pats run up the score :(."

:lol I just looked over at your avatar when I read that, I almost feel sorry for you. By the way are you guys doing like last night again or is it going to be a normal night tonight?

M3Freak

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Win, Lose, or Tie Eagles till I die so I will be watching the whole game no matter how much the Pats run up the score :(."

:lol I just looked over at your avatar when I read that, I almost feel sorry for you. By the way are you guys doing like last night again or is it going to be a normal night tonight?

Normal, I suppose. I wanted to play a custom game against non-GAFfers, but a few people weren't up for it. What we did play was fun though.

Resistance online is really quiting down, or the game is more broken than we know. Finding matches is really hard now with bigger parties.

"Normal, I suppose. I wanted to play a custom game against non-GAFfers, but a few people weren't up for it. What we did play was fun though.

Resistance online is really quiting down, or the game is more broken than we know. Finding matches is really hard now with bigger parties."

Cool, I'll hop on tonight if it's normal.

Angelcurio

M3Freak said:
Normal, I suppose. I wanted to play a custom game against non-GAFfers, but a few people weren't up for it. What we did play was fun though.

Resistance online is really quiting down, or the game is more broken than we know. Finding matches is really hard now with bigger parties.
I guess people are already migrating. We have two really successful online titles with Warhawk and Call of Duty 4, and also we have UT3 coming in less than 3 weeks, so i guess its normal to see less and less people playing Resistance.

I will be of the few ones that will still keep playing it. The game really spoiled me with its clan system. I dont really like to play any online game without real clan support. Playing everytime against a bunch of random people is not really fun.

Basch

Hey, everybody! Just thought I would give you guys a heads up on something we have all been expecting. Thanks to PSM3, it seems... Well let me just say it now...

Resistance 2 has been confirmed!

In 2008 no less. Insomniac, I am very thankful for all of your hard work and am incredibly excited for this game. It seems that Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Sucker Punch want to take over the world what with all the good games they have released and the ones that have yet to come out. I really do think that these three developers are probably the best in the business.

With that said, how about a screenshot for New Years? :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
This week I'm off Resistance because of work-related stuff that HAZ to be done, I really want to play (hell I want to play every night), but I really can't, so I'll be back after next-monday. :3

patsu

Heh... I saw Aeon712 in Resistance from the XMB friend list. It made me want to jump in instinctively, but my wife and kid were playing. I was fighting inside whether to trick them to go shopping or something. :lol But in the end, I am a better person than that. They had fun and may be I'll join the clan again later. ~sigh~

careksims

Oh I love the DualShock 3. The added weight makes it feel so much better. The DS2s were too light. Felt too cheap and felt like breaking apart. But one things for sure. I love the rumbling when I shoot things. Even rumbles when you shoot a tag.

Yes I did enjoy the Auger match. Felt very very supernatural since you can shoot through anything.

The Jer

Fun times tonight guys.

Bracknell is my new favorite map.

I was so distracted. We have a CRT set-up right next to the monitor the PS3 plays on. My roommate was playing Devil May Cry 3. The screen was so bright everytime he used ebony and ivory. Man CRTs are bright, it was impossible not to look over. And I kept wanting to watch. :/

Anyhoo, good times.

Aeon712

Yea tonight was fun, felt like forever since I played with you guys and you guys didn't help making it longer by making me wait >_<. I'll try to get on tomorrow since I'm off(afternoon Resistance Chryz?). Hopefully nobody decides we should hang out, ruining my gaming time :(.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Yea tonight was fun, felt like forever since I played with you guys and you guys didn't help making it longer by making me wait >_<. I'll try to get on tomorrow since I'm off (afternoon Resistance Chryz?). Hopefully nobody decides we should hang out, ruining my gaming time :(.
Sound awesome! *backslaps*

M3Freak

Banned
My wife is going to her mother's place tonight, and she's taking my daughter with her. I'm sad that I won't see them until tomorrow (I'm at work and they'll be gone by the time I get home), but on the plus side I get a few hours of uninterrupted gaming.

As long as I don't fall asleep, I will enjoy awesomeness of shaft jumping on the new maps.

Firewire

Banned
I can't believe the size of the new maps, they are huge. Awesome games last night, a little disorienting because they were new & so huge, but they are packed full of fun!

See you guys tonight!

Nightz

I got the new maps and tried a little bit of Axbridge. Holy crap is it huge. I remember going for a span of 5 minutes without running into a single person, and the game had 32 people in it. I think I just got lost.:lol I have yet to try Bracknell, but I'll be giving it a go over the weekend.

patsu

M3Freak said:
As long as I don't fall asleep, I will enjoy awesomeness of shaft jumping on the new maps.

:lol

I'll be in a ski resort this weekend, starting tonight. So I won't be able to check out the new maps. I downloaded them though.

patsu

Here's a shut out to GAF lurker, SuperBeard, for joining me in Resistance @ 2:00am PST :D
Lost 1 and won 1 back. We both sniped from the twin-barrel platform in the Hangar level (Well, actually there was a third Chimeran sniper on the same platform too). Didn't know he's a Gaffer until he sent me a message.

Going for dinner now and will be back to join the clan 1.5 hours later (if there's game tonight).

ChryZ

Just played 4h (2h FFA, 2h TDM with Aeon), only one ffa conversion game on the second map pack :(

At least I was able to say "thank you" to one of the creators ;)

Resistance-Screenshot_13.jpg

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ChryZ said:
Just played 4h (2h FFA, 2h TDM with Aeon), only one ffa conversion game on the second map pack :(

At least I was able to say "thank you" to one of the creators ;)

Nice. we managed to get the new maps twice tonight. One 8 player Bracknell I believe and 3 node meltdown on the other map.

Also we FINALLY got to play at the MALL again tonight...sorry to those who missed out :) Must've been close to 2 months without playing a single ranked game there for us.

Got into an awfull 8 vs 8 game at Somerset - 32p max on the 40p map. Liquidmetal dropped out, then Queegs got mad at some laggers and quit and then Patsu got disconnected and the rest of our team quit. Me Sutdawg and Spartan just hid for the last 7 minutes of the second round :lol

Finally, we got a weird game at Lexington - it was the normal 32p max set to a 16p game size. Ended up with a 5 on 5 game with 3 of the guys on the other team who somehow all got 0 kills the first round all quite. Spent the whole second round chasing around a lagger and some garbage guy. Pretty fun playing that map with so few people though aside from the quitters.

M3Freak

Banned
Beatbox said:
Nice. we managed to get the new maps twice tonight. One 8 player Bracknell I believe and 3 node meltdown on the other map.

Also we FINALLY got to play at the MALL again tonight...sorry to those who missed out :) Must've been close to 2 months without playing a single ranked game there for us.

The day I decide to go to bed early, all this shit happens. Just great.

I don' think the Mall map was in the rotation. I stand by my word that the auto match maker in Resistance is busted to all hell.

patsu

Beatbox said:

Got into an awfull 8 vs 8 game at Somerset - 32p max on the 40p map. Liquidmetal dropped out, then Queegs got mad at some laggers and quit and then Patsu got disconnected and the rest of our team quit. Me Sutdawg and Spartan just hid for the last 7 minutes of the second round :lol

Finally, we got a weird game at Lexington - it was the normal 32p max set to a 16p game size. Ended up with a 5 on 5 game with 3 of the guys on the other team who somehow all got 0 kills the first round all quite. Spent the whole second round chasing around a lagger and some garbage guy. Pretty fun playing that map with so few people though aside from the quitters.

Bracknell is neat, with a multi-storey open map.

AxBridge is fun too. There is an small area where you may fall to death. I fell into it right after starting the game, so no one went to grab our home node in one of the rounds (I ended up spawning in the center node, Echo, where everyone else was). :lol
It was painful because without any node, it took me a full 10 seconds to spawn.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
patsu said:
Bracknell is neat, with a multi-storey open map.

AxBridge is fun too. There is an small area where you may fall to death. I fell into it right after starting the game, so no one went to grab our home node in one of the rounds (I ended up spawning in the center node, Echo, where everyone else was). :lol
It was painful because without any node, it took me a full 10 seconds to spawn.

Yeah I like what I've played on the new maps so far. Bracknell was pretty fun on the smaller version. You can blame that 10 second spawn on your suicide and not the lack of nodes though. Don't worry I killed myself too...I didn't mention it and 10 minutes later I hear Bob cursing saying he fell to his death as well...guess I should've said something when I fell :D

M3Freak

Banned
Firewire said:
Who's up for some GAME BATTLE tonight?

Company Christmas party tonight, but I should be on afterwards - depends on the time I make it back.

I'm guessing I'll get online between 10:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. :/

patsu

Beatbox said:
Yeah I like what I've played on the new maps so far. Bracknell was pretty fun on the smaller version. You can blame that 10 second spawn on your suicide and not the lack of nodes though. Don't worry I killed myself too...I didn't mention it and 10 minutes later I hear Bob cursing saying he fell to his death as well...guess I should've said something when I fell :D

Ah I see.

Last night was nice also because of The Mall. It's been a few months since I last played on the map. In the first round, I just lobbed grenades and air fuel to mop people on the balcony (Low kill but fun since I was trying to get a guy hiding in a tricky way behind some pillar). Second round, I used sniper rifle which is always rewarding on that level.

ChryZ

Nice, the new maps are kicking in. Played 4h with a buddy from B3D and we got the second pack quite often, but unfortunately just the smaller ones (8p, 16p) ... still good fun :D

Aeon712

I still haven't played the new maps :(, gonna try and play tonight. If we don't get the new maps I'll riot.

Steroyd

~_~

You're definately not playing the new maps because I'm crashing the party with my non Map Pack 2 bitchin cheap ass.

For at least an hour anyway.

Top Bottom