• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
I wuz totally drunk and I still won on that new map, thanks to barrelama watchin' over me.
Indifferent2.gif
OMG You guys played the new maps without me again, I still haven't even seen them >_<.

Steroyd

Aeon712 said:
OMG You guys played the new maps without me again, I still haven't even seen them >_<.

Tis was a custom game, liked Axbridge was very nice even though I got lost all the time.

womfalcs3

Banned
Just surpassed 1,000 kills (1,004) with the air/fuel grenade. It accounts for 3.93% of my kills. I've only been killed 111 times (.65% of my deaths) by it, so I like the margin there.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Does anyone know why I can rarely find more than 8 people in ranked matches? Is that because I don't have either map pack?

And why do all the custom games have to be 1 hit kill!?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
womfalcs3 said:
Just surpassed 1,000 kills (1,004) with the air/fuel grenade. It accounts for 3.93% of my kills. I've only been killed 111 times (.65% of my deaths) by it, so I like the margin there.

Very nice. 19 more and you can join me on the first page in the air fuel rankings. :D You're in 26th place overall right now so keep it up. I'm in 5th place with 1900 or so but more than double (actually like 4000 games more)

M3Freak

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Does anyone know why I can rarely find more than 8 people in ranked matches? Is that because I don't have either map pack?

And why do all the custom games have to be 1 hit kill!?

One of two possible reasons:

1. less people playing online
2. auto match maker is busted

I think it's a mix of both. The match maker is definitely broken, though they appear to have made a change recently (i.e. we got to play in the mall after two months of not playing on it even once).

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
One of two possible reasons:

1. less people playing online
2. auto match maker is busted

I think it's a mix of both. The match maker is definitely broken, though they appear to have made a change recently (i.e. we got to play in the mall after two months of not playing on it even once).

We got the new map last night in a ranked DM, pretty dang sweet.
Indifferent2.gif

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
:lol Oh Barry Oh Barry Oh Barry.

Your brand new Mac Book with Firefox can't even display the internetz right.

That's my homie...he's just clownin' around.

M3Freak

Banned
ChryZ said:
So ... no retirement from RFoM with UT3?

I'll still play Resistance, but it's not the same anymore. We're no longer finding large games, and that's what made Resistance so much fun. 40 player Nottingham TDM - ::droolz::.

When we play as a party with more than about 6 or 7 people, we can't find any matches. With larger parties, we're left with doing custom games or splitting up into two parties.

Sucks really. Resistance has been so good to me.

ChryZ

M3Freak said:
I'll still play Resistance, but it's not the same anymore. We're no longer finding large games, and that's what made Resistance so much fun. 40 player Nottingham TDM - ::droolz::.

When we play as a party with more than about 6 or 7 people, we can't find any matches. With larger parties, we're left with doing custom games or splitting up into two parties.

Sucks really. Resistance has been so good to me.
I miss those epic 40p games :(

M3Freak

Banned
ChryZ said:
I miss those epic 40p games :(

We haven't played a good objective match in a long time - can't find games.

Another month or so and it's going to be even worse. Haze will be out in mid-January!

Ploid 3.0

Just got the game, at what seems like a going away party :(. Well anyway add me to a buddy list so I can find gaf games.

Ploid 3.0

Oh yeah, PSN= Ploid

Edit: I did some MP and for the 40player matches I had a hard time telling who was on my team. Finally figured out it was the human with the helmet on, vs human with bald heads. Still caused me to hesitate to shoot. Should have had red and blu coats or something like red and blu names.

tanod

when is my burrito
Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh yeah, PSN= Ploid

Edit: I did some MP and for the 40player matches I had a hard time telling who was on my team. Finally figured out it was the human with the helmet on, vs human with bald heads. Still caused me to hesitate to shoot. Should have had red and blu coats or something like red and blu names.

One team also has back packs. Trust me. You get used to it.

Ploid 3.0

I know this was said 30 times, but every game should start up this fast. I'm able to get in a sp game, or online game faster than it would take me for getting in a online game in super puzzle fighter. If it's not true, it sure feels like it.

Ploid 3.0

Crap. I was ready for gaf Resistance soon but company is coming over for stinking madden ps2 version. Next time. I could get in a few games with you guys if I knew the room. Unless you guys start at 10pm est now. I need to break this madden disk.

M3Freak

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Crap. I was ready for gaf Resistance soon but company is coming over for stinking madden ps2 version. Next time. I could get in a few games with you guys if I knew the room. Unless you guys start at 10pm est now. I need to break this madden disk.

There is no "room". When you sign in to the multiplayer, send an in-game friend invite to one of us (e.g. Aeon712, m3freak, sutdawg, etc.). Once we've added you, we'll know when you're in the lobby, and just send you an invite to the party.

The best thing to do though, is to send an email to kaching asking him to add you to the clan. That way you'll be visible to everyone already in the clan.

patsu

What are you talking about ? The regulars seem to play every single day starting around 6:30 PST during weekdays ? Not sure about weekends since I can't game on weekends.

"What are you talking about ? The regulars seem to play every single day starting around 6:30 PST during weekdays ? Not sure about weekends since I can't game on weekends."

Haven't had my ps3 for a little while so I don't know how the clan nights have been going. But if it's going good I got my ps3 back for a little while now so I'll buy the map packs tonight and play if that's the case.

Edit: I just bought the bundle so I'm set for new maps tonight. Why the hell does psn charge tax though?

"There are 10 of us on right now."

:p Two hours too late. I'm playing with you guys already I saw you guys start getting on a little after 10. Thanks though.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
A special holiday message from Eric Ellis --- there are also new bangles unlocked on MyResistance.Net - so if you've lusted after my skull belt for the past year, you can finally get it. :lol

This is the last news I have for you guys this year (I'm leaving for Nebraska in less than 24 hours). January is going to be an amazing month though... :D

Holiday season is here. That means a lot of different things to each of us, but one important thing it means for Insomniac is that over a year has passed since we shipped Resistance: Fall of Man. It also means we’ve been able to enjoy a great year growing and participating in our online community.

As the lead of the multiplayer team at Insomniac, I’d like to take a moment to let you all know how much we appreciate our players for making RFOM one of the best online experiences out there. Multiplayer only works with the support of its community, and we feel very lucky to have such a great group of fans and dedicated players who continue to make the Resistance online community such a success.

During the past year I and other Insomniacs have spent many hours online playing the game alongside the rest of you. Some of us display our Insomniac logos and others prefer to be a little less visible. In either case we do this because we want to experience the game as players, and so we can meet individuals and hear stories and experiences that we can use to make our games better. As igEricEllis (and a few other names), I’ve played over a thousand games during the last year and have met tons of people in the game. I’ve had lots of discussions via voicechat, text messaging, PSN, and MyResistance. And I’ve heard an overwhelming amount of praise and positive feedback, mixed with some great suggestions and occasional gripes.

So, in case you wondered, we do listen to you guys and we especially appreciate all the kind words. And, in keeping with the holiday spirit, we’re unlocking a big set of Cloven character customization bangles for all MyResistance members! To unlock them, sign in to myresistance.net, get the unlock codes on your profile page, and enter them on the soldier loadout screen in-game. Hope you enjoy them, and we look forward to sharing an even more awesome new year with everyone!

-Eric Ellis

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jstevenson said:
A special holiday message from Eric Ellis --- there are also new bangles unlocked on MyResistance.Net - so if you've lusted after my skull belt for the past year, you can finally get it. :lol

This is the last news I have for you guys this year (I'm leaving for Nebraska in less than 24 hours). January is going to be an amazing month though... :D

Holiday season is here. That means a lot of different things to each of us, but one important thing it means for Insomniac is that over a year has passed since we shipped Resistance: Fall of Man. It also means we’ve been able to enjoy a great year growing and participating in our online community.

As the lead of the multiplayer team at Insomniac, I’d like to take a moment to let you all know how much we appreciate our players for making RFOM one of the best online experiences out there. Multiplayer only works with the support of its community, and we feel very lucky to have such a great group of fans and dedicated players who continue to make the Resistance online community such a success.

During the past year I and other Insomniacs have spent many hours online playing the game alongside the rest of you. Some of us display our Insomniac logos and others prefer to be a little less visible. In either case we do this because we want to experience the game as players, and so we can meet individuals and hear stories and experiences that we can use to make our games better. As igEricEllis (and a few other names), I’ve played over a thousand games during the last year and have met tons of people in the game. I’ve had lots of discussions via voicechat, text messaging, PSN, and MyResistance. And I’ve heard an overwhelming amount of praise and positive feedback, mixed with some great suggestions and occasional gripes.

So, in case you wondered, we do listen to you guys and we especially appreciate all the kind words. And, in keeping with the holiday spirit, we’re unlocking a big set of Cloven character customization bangles for all MyResistance members! To unlock them, sign in to myresistance.net, get the unlock codes on your profile page, and enter them on the soldier loadout screen in-game. Hope you enjoy them, and we look forward to sharing an even more awesome new year with everyone!

-Eric Ellis
God bless the USA. Have a good time, enjoy that clean air. Well, at least compared to CA.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

-Eric Ellis

Darn NOW I found this post... I'll enter teh codes tomorrow.
angry.gif

Two days back in the game after my long vacation break for the holidays, and I really really suck at Resistance.

I wonder how long it'll take me to get my game back to normal?

Sorry for the sucking, guys.

JB1981

Pristine_Condition said:
Two days back in the game after my long vacation break for the holidays, and I really really suck at Resistance.

I wonder how long it'll take me to get my game back to normal?

Sorry for the sucking, guys.
i suck too.

anybody play w/ the ds3? i feel like there is some kind of weird input lag with it

maybe i'm just imagining things but i think i'm done playing multi w/ the ds3 - going back to the sixaxis

btw - why did insomniac make the shotgun completely useless? if you are playing as a human, there is absolutely no reason to pick up one. none.

and the bullseye is kind of weak as well. the carbine rips it up for mid-range gunfights

and the arc charger? lol - it is crazy powerful now

Aeon712

JB1981 said:
i suck too.

anybody play w/ the ds3? i feel like there is some kind of weird input lag with it

maybe i'm just imagining things but i think i'm done playing multi w/ the ds3 - going back to the sixaxis

btw - why did insomniac make the shotgun completely useless? if you are playing as a human, there is absolutely no reason to pick up one. none.
and the bullseye is kind of weak as well. the carbine rips it up for mid-range gunfights

and the arc charger? lol - it is crazy powerful now
Because it was completely broken, they did what needed to be done :D. OMG I want my controllers back, I haven't played Resistance in over a week. Going through withdraw.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
OMG I want my controllers back, I haven't played Resistance in over a week. Going through withdraw.

You've been gone for a week? No wonder we've been winning so many matches lately!
You have not been missed....

The Jer

JB1981 said:
why did insomniac make the shotgun completely useless?
?

?

Really?

REALLY?

6krkxow.jpg

I'm surprised it took as long as it did to nerf the shotgun to reasonable levels. That thing was ridiculous. Absoulutely ridiculous. It can still waste your face at close ranges, but it's finally not ridiculous anymore; I can't waste somebody from halfway across the map no more.

JB1981

The Jer said:
?

?

Really?

REALLY?

6krkxow.jpg

I'm surprised it took as long as it did to nerf the shotgun to reasonable levels. That thing was ridiculous. Absoulutely ridiculous. It can still waste your face at close ranges, but it's finally not ridiculous anymore; I can't waste somebody from halfway across the map no more.

went from one extreme to the other, though. from completely overpowered to completely useless. can't even kill someone up-close w/ one shot anymore. you basically have to soften them up with another weapon, then switch to the shotty - that ain't right.

Top Bottom