• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

really disliking this game its so cheap most of my deaths are from the enemy spawning right on top of me, awful. Since its not a globe like in stardust there is limited range in where you can go and you get trapped easily. Then the humans die for absolutely no reason whatsover, no enemies near them and they drop dead in their little cube. Doesnt help i have no idea where the manual is, i assume in the live area that isnt working but i dont see why psn would be needed for a manual for the game thats already downloaded.

Thanks for info on the two meters greenjerk.

I'm sorry for not getting to you until today Resogun, with the other games and everything, but the wait was worth it. So much fun!

LOL at that great juggle gif.

Shady859

really disliking this game its so cheap most of my deaths are from the enemy spawning right on top of me, awful. Since its not a globe like in stardust there is limited range in where you can go and you get trapped easily. Then the humans die for absolutely no reason whatsover, no enemies near them and they drop dead in their little cube. Doesnt help i have no idea where the manual is, i assume in the live area that isnt working but i dont see why psn would be needed for a manual for the game thats already downloaded.

Couldn't disagree more with this entire post. You can see them spawning up don't be there or more importantly shoot there! You need to be moving all the time and more often than not avoiding while firing backwards. If you are getting cornered easily you are doing something wrong...

The guys are not dieing in the cages for no reason. It's announced guardians are near and they glow green and have their travel path outline that can be seen even on opposite side of circle if you look close. Those must be killed to release the cage, if you don't kill them you missed your shot at freeing him and he dies. As for manual I haven't seen one maybe watch a youtube video?

Grinchy

Banned
Hey OP, user ThatsMyTrunks made some GIF's that I think deserve being in the OP.

10888702004_1f4d2c70d1_o.gif

]

This is so visually effective that I hear an explosion while I'm watching it lol

Dereck

What am I supposed to do when a human is waving hands while jumping inside the box? I stop by it then he just dies, and then sometimes his box is unlocked.

When the game says "human detected", how am I supposed to know where the human is? I can see the green light, but sometimes I can't.

I also notice when I'm carrying a human to safety, another human is always lost, any tips?

EDIT: Whenever a human is detected, I need to immediately kill anything glowing green?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What am I supposed to do when a human is waving hands while jumping inside the box? I stop by it then he just dies, and then sometimes his box is unlocked.

When the game says "human detected", how am I supposed to know where the human is? I can see the green light, but sometimes I can't.

I also notice when I'm carrying a human to safety, another human is always lost, any tips?

I don't own the game, but this is what I believe is the case after watching it get played a fair bit.

If a human dies inside it's box with nothing else going on, that means that there were seekers (glowing green enemies) that got away before you can kill them. Killing seekers is what frees the humans from their boxes.

For human detected, you can watch where the green light beam goes after you kill the last seeker and there should be a green arrow by your ship showing you the direction of the human.

Another human shouldn't always be lost when carrying one to safety. It probably just means you're either not getting to the seekers fast enough, or not getting to the newly released human fast enough.

Any confirmation on what it takes to unlock Master? I already beat the game in Rookie, Experienced and Veteran in co-op. Does it not unlock from co-op play? because everything else has worked in co-op.

- J - D -

The game wasn't clicking for me until I reached the third stage. At that point, I finally figured out how things worked, and the music started grabbing me.

I'm still pretty terrible at it, though haha.

ref

Anybody have tips for human #7 on the last level? Haven't gone too deep into figuring it out, but a few runs have left him dead almost immediately. Kill keepers in succession maybe? Or multiplier?

If my memory serves me, that's the one where you need to kill them in a correct order. Are they the floating non attacking things in the back area of the map? I'm fairly sure you need to kill them from top to bottom.

Also, got the Platinum trophy. First platinum on PSN, first game on new PSN account (never had one before), couldn't feel any better!

To me the idea that a downloadable particle twin stick shooter would justify the purchase of a $400 console has always sounded completely ridiculous, but Resogun did fucking just that for me. It even steamrolled right past my first terrible impressions of the PS4 in general and its undercooked UI/features and anemic launch lineup and made me feel good about the purchase. I haven't had this much pure fun from games in months. Everything is just sublime. Housemarque hit it right out of the park with this game.

Jesus this thing is buggy as hell. Had to close the game and relaunch for it to work and sound glitches out every few seconds. Dafuq's going on...

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
To me the idea that a downloadable particle twin stick shooter would justify the purchase of a $400 console has always sounded completely ridiculous, but Resogun did fucking just that for me. It even steamrolled right past my first terrible impressions of the PS4 in general and its undercooked UI/features and anemic launch lineup and made me feel good about the purchase. I haven't had this much pure fun from games in months. Everything is just sublime. Housemarque hit it right out of the park with this game.

I want to get a PS4 just for this at the moment

Zoator

EDIT: Whenever a human is detected, I need to immediately kill anything glowing green?

In my experience, all but one of the humans are freed by killing all of the Keepers whenever they spawn (you'll hear "Keepers Detected"). However, there seems to be one human per level (usually the second-to-last human) that either gets freed or dies automatically at the start of phase 3. I'm not 100% sure what determines whether he lives or dies, but I'm pretty confident it has to do with your multiplier value at the time. Whenever my multiplier is at 3x or so going into phase 3, the human is freed. When it's lower, he dies.

This game is amazing, I'm really impressed! The flow of the game is perfect, the visuals are buttery smooth and stunning. The gameplay is addictive, fun, and challenging. I really have nothing negative to say about Resogun.

It's amazing how much fun I'm having with a simple, yet beautifully and soundly developed twin stick shooting game.

I'd recommend this to anyone who owns a PS4.

Finally beat it on experienced with a friend. I think specific humans by number give decided powerups? Also, it seems like there is a master difficulty after veteran; is that true?

Lmao, I disagree so much. I believe the game is fantastic.

TheExodu5

Banned
BZQaWN0CQAAlO0W.jpg:large

.My only other platinum is FFXIII
lol
. <3 you, Rezzygun. Going to sleep as #1 on veteran.

Damn man, congrats.

I'm going to go for the Platinum as well, seeing as I don't have any Platinum trophies. I have to save humans on 2-5 and complete Experienced without a Game Over and I should be good. Hopefully I can manage that tomorrow.

You are way too good. How do you get past like level 3 on Veteran? Which ship do you use? Any tips?

Best ship by far is nemesis, tracking bullets are just to powerful and the better speed and boosting is a giant help in the higher difficulty levels. Boost should be your best friend, any time you think you are about to be cornered in or have a some enemies coming towards you that can shoot bullets boost to the other side of them and start shooting them in the back.

Veteran really isn't that bad once the game really clicks for you, Master is really the real test and gets some getting used to. Every enemy you kill on master shoots a revenge bullet when they die so you have to make sure you don't kill them from up close and don't sit in the same spot after killing every enemy.

Any confirmation on what it takes to unlock Master? I already beat the game in Rookie, Experienced and Veteran in co-op. Does it not unlock from co-op play? because everything else has worked in co-op.

Master doesn't unlock until you beat veteran in single player, for whatever reason it won't unlock in Co Op. You can even beat all of master on Co Op before you have it unlocked by joining someone elses game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Best ship by far is nemesis, tracking bullets are just to powerful and the better speed and boosting is a giant help in the higher difficulty levels.

Heh, I didn't even realize that the weapons were different for each ship. I've just been using Nemesis since Overdrive isn't really all that useful.

Heh, I didn't even realize that the weapons were different for each ship. I've just been using Nemesis since Overdrive isn't really all that useful.

Yeah, once you get nemesis upgraded to full it has crazy amounts of area of effect damage going on and a crap ton of tracking bullets.

Phobos has a really powerful overdrive but its really only good for blowing bosses up and they are the easiest parts of levels already. His bullet type is really poor with a single long range bullet directly in front of him and a bunch of small range bullets that barely travel at all as you level his weapons up.

Ferecs or whatever the middle one was called is kind of the jack of all trades and has great single target damage with a slight area of effect spread as you level him up and is probably the second best ship but when stuff starts to go nuts in the later difficulty and levels it just hurts way to much to be without tracking bullets to clean all the small grunt enemies up.

How do I know how much boost I have left?

Blue semi circle above the ship. It automatically recharges but it does it faster if you kill more enemies. It also triggers a sound chime when it's fully charged so you don't have to look at the ship to know when you have boost ready to use.

owlbeak

Anyone having issues with high scores not saving? I beat some friend's high score, played some of the next level, quit to the menu and looked at the leaderboard and it shows a score for me from the very first time I played.

Brashnir

haha, yeah just saw you up there, well done!

I'm still kinda lost as to when and where the humans are freed, I can never seem to get them all in a stage since I don't know on which side of the map they are freed from.

They're freed when you kill all the keepers associated with them. When they die, a sparkly streak shoots out of them and goes toward the location of the human who is freed. It stays for several seconds.

CoG

Great game. Definitely the Geometry Wars or SSHD of the PS4 launch. It's my only game right now and I am completely happy with that.

The Lamp

Even reading these posts I cannot for the life of me figure out how the human objective of this game works. They're trapped in boxes and I don't know whether I need to free them or protect them in the boxes, how to get them out, how enemies kill them, how the are always being detected and then lost. The game doesn't have a tutorial or at least a help section that says what the objective is or what's going on. Absolutely frustrating.

Top Bottom