• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Read my post above for more in depth info, but they are glowing green. If you can't see them right away, I just boost around the map until I find them. I'm fairly sure they have set spawn points everytime. So eventually, you'll just remember where they spawn after trial and error.

I just realized that you need to kill the keepers before they go off-screen to save the humans. I was wondering for the longest time why they kept dying in their boxes.

ref

Any consensus on the best ship to use? I think I like Nemesis the best for its speed, boost and homing lasers, which makes it easier to maintain multipliers, but it seems that Overdrive is a good, if not essential way to accumulate points.

I'm in the same boat, Nemesis is by far the best ship to stay alive before boss battles. Homing missiles are great.

Boss damage kinda blows, but once you get a good strat for each one, it's becomes pretty easy.

kyser73

Anyone else find the bass in this game to be too powerful?
Using bombs, some enemy explosions and the boss put out some ridiculously powerful and deep bass. I like bass, but this stuff is extreme.

I'm sorry, I don't understand these words together like this.

Amazing game, worth the purchase of a PS4 alone. Wish it had a tutorial, kind of just throws you in without any knowledge of game mechanics but I guess that gels with the old school vibe.

On the third level and still don't know where my boost meter or overdrive meter are haha?
Little help anybody?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the help a little bit ago. I'm starting to notice the visual cues a bit more. Just finished the second level. So fun.

Aeroangel

Banned
Okay here are a few tips!

Keepers glow green and usually show a path - make sure you kill them ALL asap or a human will die.

If you die while carrying a human the human will die. You can save the human by throwing them with L2.

When a human drops - a green arrow right underneath your ship will indicate where they are!

Make sure and pick up humans ASAP once they are released from the cage. When it says human in danger by then they are usually being abducted by a ship.

Padinn

Appreciate it if someone explained to me what I'm actually supposed to be doing, because the pretty graphics keep distracting me :)

Oh man.

Oh. Man.

This game has the "one more try" factor. It is so much to play and I typically hated shooters growing up.

omg this is so true.

Keepers glow green and usually show a path - make sure you kill them ALL asap or a human will die.

If you die while carrying a human the human will die. I believe that is why you may need to throw the human.

When a human drops - a green arrow right underneath your ship will indicate where they are!

Thanks!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaaand I beat the third level. All the bosses are so good!

FluxWaveZ

So is there no indicator for how much boost and overdrive you have? Is the announcer's voice the only indicator?

The indicator are the circular bars that surround your ship. The top, blue half-circle represents boost. The bottom, green half-circle represents Overdrive.

Is there any reason why my Resogun won't start? I downloaded it and installed it and when I try to play it, it just goes to a black screen with the Resogun ship icon in the corner and doesn't do anything else. I can just close the application through the PS button, so its not the system being frozen or anything...

Is there maybe a PSN problem and since this is a free game it has to "check" to see I have PS+ or something?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
oh man i want to play this game so much..
2 more weeks..

can someone explain to me how a human dies? how long do they walk arround before they die? or do they get killed by enemies? randomly?

Throwing human while in full boost is the best part of the game to me. They can clear a huge distance and you can just dump them off fast to grab more people.

Jedi2016

can someone explain to me how a human dies? how long do they walk arround before they die? or do they get killed by enemies? randomly?
I think they can be killed by enemies if you don't get to them fast enough, but I don't know what that timing is. They can also die in their cubes (which are airtight) if not released in time.

You can also kill them yourself if you're not careful. I saw one preview video where someone tried "throwing" one of them into the tractor beam, but he missed, and the human fell into the liquid and died instantly. Whoops.. hehe.

Flo_Evans

I think they can be killed by enemies if you don't get to them fast enough, but I don't know what that timing is. They can also die in their cubes (which are airtight) if not released in time.

You can also kill them yourself if you're not careful. I saw one preview video where someone tried "throwing" one of them into the tractor beam, but he missed, and the human fell into the liquid and died instantly. Whoops.. hehe.

I've also seen some enemy ships come and try and pick them up.

Game is great, wish I was better at it.

If you die while carrying a human the human will die. You can save the human by throwing them with L2.

Make sure and pick up humans ASAP once they are released from the cage. When it says human in danger by then they are usually being abducted by a ship.

I dont think the green arrow always shows, and at least in my experience theres been a few times where they fall out the box and nothing is mentioned, unless im picking them up too fast.

In any event really great game helping me get through this weekend with no other game with me.

Bog

Junior Ace
I like how the game doesn't even attempt to explain what the hell a keeper is. Not even a mention of keepers in all the "tips". Understanding them is only the most crucial aspect of the game.

I like how the game doesn't even attempt to explain what the hell a keeper is. Not even a mention of keepers in all the "tips". Understanding them is only the most crucial aspect of the game.

This! I was so lost until I read a few pages of this thread, I thought it was just destroy everything that moves, lol.

Robot Pants

Yea this game is amazing. Tons of fun.
Took me a while to figure out how to play because it just dumps you in there but once you get it it's great. Bosses rule. God damn keepers are a pain to stay on top of all the time.
I like the speaker in the controller feature too. Very cool stuff.
Gonna be insanely hard on the highest difficulty

Grinchy

Banned
I jumped into Veteran earlier and actually doubled my previous high score and got to the 3rd world. You can tell it's early days when a 6 million score can get you in 600th place haha. Loving the game.

Munro77

Neo Member
LOVE this game. For those wondering about meters, here's what I've learned:

- Boost meter is the top semi circle over your ship. It constantly charges up, and while it charges it is lit up while the meter is filling. When it is full it stops glowing/goes a bit dark. You can only boost when it is full, but you can use a lot or a little, meaning you can boost more frequently using shorter bursts.

- If you hit enemies while boosting, you get a bit more boost, prolonging the duration.

-The overdrive meter is the bottom semi circle. It charges by gathering the green bits that float around from enemy explosions. Again, overdrive can only be used when the meter is full, but it goes through the whole thing once you engage it.

(Also: Use boost and throw human (L2) to really fling the little dudes around - they can go around the edge of the cylinder practically using this.)

Steel

Banned
This game is much more amusing than I originally thought it would be. Especially with the co-op. I almost feel bad about not paying for it.

Nibiru

Banned
Amazing game. When I first saw it i was like "meh a twin stick shooter kinda lame." But I am really surprised how good it is!

Robot Pants

LOVE this game. For those wondering about meters, here's what I've learned:

- Boost meter is the top semi circle over your ship. It constantly charges up, and while it charges it is lit up while the meter is filling. When it is full it stops glowing/goes a bit dark. You can only boost when it is full, but you can use a lot or a little, meaning you can boost more frequently using shorter bursts.

- If you hit enemies while boosting, you get a bit more boost, prolonging the duration.

-The overdrive meter is the bottom semi circle. It charges by gathering the green bits that float around from enemy explosions. Again, overdrive can only be used when the meter is full, but it goes through the whole thing once you engage it.

(Also: Use boost and throw human (L2) to really fling the little dudes around - they can go around the edge of the cylinder practically using this.)
This is helpful. I wasn't exactly clear on the benefits of boosting. I didn't realize you got more meter by hitting enemies. Not a lot I take it though.

Top Bottom