• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Just got the plat for this game a little while ago, certainly my favorite game available for PS4 thus far. Didn't take as long to get the plat as I would have anticipated but it was alot of fun.

t4HPe5o.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Just got the plat for this game a little while ago, certainly my favorite game available for PS4 thus far. Didn't take as long to get the plat as I would have anticipated but it was alot of fun.

wow, really? There is a reason why 99.9% of other players haven't gotten the plat yet lol

FluxWaveZ

Free for PS+!? Can I play offline with it? If my PS+ ends do I still keep the game?

You should probably read up on how PS+ works. In brief:

- Yes, you can play 'free' games downloaded with PS+ offline.
- When your sub with PS+ ends, access to all of the IGC games on one's download list are inaccessible until the sub is renewed, so the answer is: not really.

Sky Chief

I am loving this game but I am a little confused. Why do the humans sometimes die before they get released from their boxes?

rabhw

Just had an amazing time where it really'clicked' for me. Saved all humans and didn't die once on the 3rd level! So much fun when you get in a good rhythm.

The thing that made the difference for me was using overdrive more often, not sure why I wasn't using it before. I was treating it like bombs and saving it for some reason instead of spending it and charging it back up again!

I am loving this game but I am a little confused. Why do the humans sometimes die before they get released from their boxes?

Some levels have boxes that only open if your multiplier is above a certain level when you reach that point, if its not the human will instantly die.

There are also some levels where the keepers that spawn will glow a pulsing green one at a time and if you don't kill them in order the human will instantly die.

phierce

Got home last night around 4am. Fired this up for the first time in the bedroom with my wife sleeping, loud voice comes through the controller "Save All Humans" I think she may have pissed herself. Was pretty funny even if she yelled at me...and yes, it's a pretty kick ass game!

Roto13

This game is really fun. Not spend-$400-on-a-PS4 fun, but I'm glad I'll have it when I eventually do get a PS4 of my own. (Thanks, PS+.)

wait, so what is the difference between overdrive and boost? or are they the same thing?

Overdrive is a giant green laser that replaces your bullets for a short time as well as full invulnerability while it lasts. The green bar around the bottom of your ship is your overdrive bar which is filled by gathering the green dots around the map as you kill stuff.

Boost is essentially turbo which can be used to maneuver and kill anything you boost through. The blue bar above your ship is your boost bar and recharges by itself over time. You wont be able to boost again until the bar is full though so it's best used in short bursts unless there is a long bunch of enemies to boost through since it will replenish as you kill stuff for a longer total boost.

Any high score tips. I had a stage run where I never died, got all humans and never lost the multiplier and I was no where near the top of the ranks. So what am I supposed to do?

Any high score tips. I had a stage run where I never died, got all humans and never lost the multiplier and I was no where near the top of the ranks. So what am I supposed to do?

Outside of the things you said you are doing you can also try to setup boost and overdrive chains by having the enemy types that will home in on you chase you around a bit while you gather a bunch up to kill all at once. Both overdrive and boost give bonus points on top of the usual amount just for killing them.

Boost is dashing around. Overdrive is the big super energy beam.

Overdrive is a giant green laser that replaces your bullets for a short time as well as full invulnerability while it lasts. The green bar around the bottom of your ship is your overdrive bar which is filled by gathering the green dots around the map as you kill stuff.

Boost is essentially turbo which can be used to maneuver and kill anything you boost through. The blue bar above your ship is your boost bar and recharges by itself over time. You wont be able to boost again until the bar is full though so it's best used in short bursts unless there is a long bunch of enemies to boost through since it will replenish as you kill stuff for a longer total boost.

Thank you. So overdrive is like your secret weapon and can only be used when the bar is full. Which button activates it?

Can't wait to get home and play again.

Roto13

Thank you. So overdrive is like your secret weapon and can only be used when the bar is full. Which button activates it?

Can't wait to get home and play again.

Boost is L1, Overdrive is R1. And Bomb is R2. And throwing humans is L2 but I'm not really sure why you'd want to do that.

Lunzio

Boost is L1, Overdrive is R1. And Bomb is R2. And throwing humans is L2 but I'm not really sure why you'd want to do that.

Throwing humans into the green beam nets more points.

Just played Experienced co-op and had an absolute awesome time. Looking to get my first platinum with this one!

If y'all want to resogun, friend me!
PSN: ReCkLeSs_X

This game really just doesn't work for me.

I click to play, it takes me to a black screen with the ship icon in the lower right corner and then just nothing happens

Should I delete the game and redownload it or something?

Lunzio

Would love to try out co op but I'd rather become somewhat adept at the game first :D

A lot of what I learned is trial and error so I know exactly where you're coming from. Just figured out today a new trick with the blast at the end of the boost.

This game really just doesn't work for me.

I click to play, it takes me to a black screen with the ship icon in the lower right corner and then just nothing happens

Should I delete the game and redownload it or something?

Can't hurt to try!

Tell me if you manage to redownload it if you pursue that route. Been trying myself for about 30 minutes after accidentally deleting it and the PS store won't let me.

I did it. Redownloaded through the store, hit the play option while still on the store after downloading, and the game works fine now

FluxWaveZ

I did it. Redownloaded through the store, hit the play option while still on the store after downloading, and the game works fine now

Alright, cool. I'm downloading it through the store now myself; I guess the problem was that I kept trying to download it through my library than on the store's game page myself.

Slime

Banned
Was finally able to get the store open long enough for me to download this.

Haven't been able to play it too much, but I think I'm starting to kind of get the hang of it, but it's still kicking my ass.

Will be fun to (attempt to) master.

Some levels have boxes that only open if your multiplier is above a certain level when you reach that point, if its not the human will instantly die.

There are also some levels where the keepers that spawn will glow a pulsing green one at a time and if you don't kill them in order the human will instantly die.

Thanks for the explanation! Was wondering this just now too.

Loving the game so far!

Also, holy shit at the Platinum already :eek:

joesmokey

About to give up on the last boss, ugh. Pretty frustrating playing as Phobos as the boss is very hard to try to out maneuver. I can only make it to the second phase (vertical lines).

Boss on the 4th stage can be difficult to repeat as well, but at least it is more doable.

todahawk

figured out the boost and overdrive meter:

for BOOST levels there is a BLUE semicircle above your ship. You can see it deplete and recharge as you boost.

for OVERDRIVE there is a GREEN semicircle below your ship. You can see it fill as you gather the green cubes.

Pixels

You are way too good. How do you get past like level 3 on Veteran? Which ship do you use? Any tips?

Pixels

figured out the boost and overdrive meter:

for BOOST levels there is a BLUE semicircle above your ship. You can see it deplete and recharge as you boost.

for OVERDRIVE there is a GREEN semicircle below your ship. You can see it fill as you gather the green cubes.

oooh super helpful!

This game is really fun. Not spend-$400-on-a-PS4 fun, but I'm glad I'll have it when I eventually do get a PS4 of my own. (Thanks, PS+.)
My thoughts exactly. I wasn't expecting it to be my most played game at launch but it's been a struggle to put it down.

Housemarque wins again :)

Just played my first level of Resogun. Its a lot of fun and pretty amazing looking too. Housemarque really know what they're doing. Now I'm REALLY hyped to see if the could come out with a S3D version.

bgbball31

Beat it on vet tonight! Fifth level took me less time than the fourth, thankfully. Tried the first level on master, lost twice, and my controller died. I think it was a sign to put it down. Tomorrow might be a few hours to see if I can get a plat on it.

Do you guys have any tips on how to find humans? I can't for the life of me see a way to discover where they are on the map, besides the fact that a little human silhouette glows when one is released.

Got home last night around 4am. Fired this up for the first time in the bedroom with my wife sleeping, loud voice comes through the controller "Save All Humans" I think she may have pissed herself. Was pretty funny even if she yelled at me...and yes, it's a pretty kick ass game!

LOL. Awesome.

Xevren

Do you guys have any tips on how to find humans? I can't for the life of me see a way to discover where they are on the map, besides the fact that a little human silhouette glows when one is released.

Whenever you kill the last keeper in a pack a green line will shoot out straight to the human it releases.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

After you kill the keepers, there should be a green arrow pointing from your ship to the human.

Shady859

Love this game, it's beautiful and so fun. I'm a fan of shmups in general so hopefully this will lead to people looking more into the genre.

Anyone wanna play co-op add me: shady859, I am sick of these fools leaving and my game ending. I am not the best, 7 million is my arcade high score but just figuring out the scoring system and I am a old school 1CC player. Game over start over. :)

Haha I'm laughing so hard at this!

prophecy0

I've honestly had more fun with Resogun than I have with AC4 or Killzone. I beat it on Rookie last night. I'm currently working through the game on Experienced. The boss battles are significantly more difficult!

Lunzio

Anybody have tips for human #7 on the last level? Haven't gone too deep into figuring it out, but a few runs have left him dead almost immediately. Kill keepers in succession maybe? Or multiplier?

Top Bottom