• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

socialQ

Banned
I'm not sure how guys are getting those kind of scores. just insane. I'm assuming it playing arcade mode and going from start to finish.

I'm not sure how guys are getting those kind of scores. just insane. I'm assuming it playing arcade mode and going from start to finish.

As mentioned, a combination of Overdrive + Multiplier + Saving humans.

Do not underestimate Overdrive.

This game doesn't loop once you beat the last boss, right? Theoretically, there is a glass ceiling in terms of scoring? Can we expect an endless/loop mode with harder difficulty like Super Stardust?

Izayoi

Banned
Can you hang onto humans forever? Seems like it'd be beneficial to just keep one on you at all times in order to circumvent multiplier loss.

Grinchy

Banned
Can you hang onto humans forever? Seems like it'd be beneficial to just keep one on you at all times in order to circumvent multiplier loss.

Does that actually work? I tried tossing a human and catching it to keep my multiplier alive the other night and still lost my multiplier. Do they have to hit the ground or something?

Jonboy

So...any tips for not dying on the 4th boss with Phobos? The battle is incredibly easy with Nemesis bc you can constantly move away and shoot. With Phobos, you actually have to dodge the missiles and they get me every time.

Does that actually work? I tried tossing a human and catching it to keep my multiplier alive the other night and still lost my multiplier. Do they have to hit the ground or something?

I think it only works when you alternate between multiple humans. Too cheap if yoi could juggle the one.

So...any tips for not dying on the 4th boss with Phobos? The battle is incredibly easy with Nemesis bc you can constantly move away and shoot. With Phobos, you actually have to dodge the missiles and they get me every time.

Try running towards the boss, in between the missiles maybe? Or try to jerk backwards just a bit to maneuveur I guess.

The 1cc trophy i believe it works with coop and its easier that way. SO if anyone wants to do that can add me my psn is the same as my gaf name baxter2231, just leave a msg saying your want to go for it in the msg.

Mystery

1404725_1383727995207770_1097588658_o.jpg

Just got this tonight. :)

The 1cc trophy i believe it works with coop and its easier that way. SO if anyone wants to do that can add me my psn is the same as my gaf name baxter2231, just leave a msg saying your want to go for it in the msg.

Fuck, I did it solo. No lives going into the final boss and clutched it like a motherfucker.

Dat plat feels so good.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
You can still hit the boss from pretty far away with Phobos. Keep your distance as much as possible which will give you more time to evade the missile. Use short bursts of boost when necessary. You should be able recharge Overdrive at least once during this fight because the boss gives off a bunch of the OD energy cubes, but they typically show up on the other side of it, so you to boost around it to get to the other side.

Foxix Von

I'm pulling my hair out here and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I understand now that in order to save specific humans I have to kill certain keepers in a specific order. Is there any way to know which keepers need to be killed in what order?

Because right now I feel like I'm taking shots in the dark, playing my best and yet I keep getting penalized randomly :(

I'm pulling my hair out here and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I understand now that in order to save specific humans I have to kill certain keepers in a specific order. Is there any way to know which keepers need to be killed in what order?

Because right now I feel like I'm taking shots in the dark, playing my best and yet I keep getting penalized randomly :(
When it's an order, only the one you need up kill next is green. The rest are red.

Foxix Von

When it's an order, only the one you need up kill next is green. The rest are red.

Yes before they disappear from the screen, forever. If that's what you're referring to.

This can't be correct. Specifically I'm referring to the 6th and 7th humans in the first level. Those two are guarded by a single row of green keepers. If I destroy them one of the two human's they're guarding dies. However it seems like if I destroy them in order both humans are unlocked. It seems like, however, that I need to destroy the first two in the order very quickly. If I wait too long I can only save one human, the other just... dies randomly.

EDIT: I'm attempting to save them on veteran, if that makes a difference.

tommasodb

Neo Member
Foxix, there's no order to follow on stage 1. You just have to destroy the keepers. Most likely one of the humans dies because you're breaking the multiplier (I should see what you actually do to tell exactly what's wrong).

Foxix Von

Foxix, there's no order to follow on stage 1. You just have to destroy the keepers. Most likely one of the humans dies because you're breaking the multiplier (I should see what you actually do to tell exactly what's wrong).

Here's a couple videos of the problem I'm having

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZ9iri8eUc

I hit the keepers and I lose a human^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVBaUD0k9I

I hit the first two keepers, save a human, let the rest go and lose the other human^

Sorry, there's probably something really obvious that I'm missing but it's way too late and my brain is too frazzled to figure it out.

tommasodb

Neo Member
Foxix, in the first video you're NOT losing a human. The green line that springs from the keepers indicates where the cage of the liberated human is positioned.

Some humans can be liberated only if you keep your multiplier going. To know if you're doing it right, monitor the glow BEHIND the multiplier. That appears only for some selected humans. The rule of thumb is:

1) if there's the glow, you're doing it right and at some point a human will be liberated (you'll see the line appearing straight from the multiplier)
2) if there's no glow your multiplier is too low and you'll lose that human

In the second video you lose a standard human simply because you don't kill all the keepers in the wave and they escape (0:34 you boost away and leave a few of them unattended).

CDV13

Cannot finish level 5 on Master. Close to the end get's a little to crazy with the revenge bullets. I didn't know about this "Hero" mode until just now either. Good stuff.

They should have tied a trophy to beating all of Master difficulty I think as well.

This game is great though. No real complaints.

ChryZ

I played the hell out of Resogun in the last few days, even Killzone is completely on the back-burner. Damn that game is fine, the voxel destruction and its accompanying sound design is so freaking satisfying. Instant classic if you ask me!

Jonboy

You can still hit the boss from pretty far away with Phobos. Keep your distance as much as possible which will give you more time to evade the missile. Use short bursts of boost when necessary. You should be able recharge Overdrive at least once during this fight because the boss gives off a bunch of the OD energy cubes, but they typically show up on the other side of it, so you to boost around it to get to the other side.
Seems like you're referring to the 3rd boss..that giant cube. I'm talking about the one that's a giant sphere and he rolls at you repeatedly. It's almost impossible to get on the "other side" of him with phobos.

JoeFenix

Seems like you're referring to the 3rd boss..that giant cube. I'm talking about the one that's a giant sphere and he rolls at you repeatedly. It's almost impossible to get on the "other side" of him with phobos.

Try to do quick, short bursts to get away instead of using your entire meter. If you're feeling daring you can also dodge the shots when they get close by quickly going the opposite direction and looping back around. Basically doing a quick circle around them to confuse them.

Jonboy

Try to do quick, short bursts to get away instead of using your entire meter. If you're feeling daring you can also dodge the shots when they get close by quickly going the opposite direction and looping back around. Basically doing a quick circle around them to confuse them.
Thanks. That's what I try, but I still run out of boost. Maybe I'm using too much and don't realize it, haha. Let me know if you post any videos of that boss.

I've also heard you should save an overdrive to use right off the bat to get rid of his shell. Probably going to lower your score from the level though by saving that overdrive.

JoeFenix

I'll see if I can make some boss videos or something later this week.

I never really use Overdrive on that particular boss because it doesn't seem to damage him.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
No, I was referring to the sphere. With a fully charged boost meter, you should be able to get around him. But that's not necessary as you should be able to just wear him down and keep your distance with quick bursts of boost. Also, like JoeFenix says, you can successfully circle around the missiles, but it's trickier.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
No, I was referring to the sphere. With a fully charged boost meter, you should be able to get around him. But that's not necessary as you should be able to just wear him down and keep your distance with quick bursts of boost. Also, like JoeFenix says, you can successfully circle around the missiles, but it's trickier.
Yeah, I was able to defeat that boss with Phobos ship this way. Just by using very short bursts of boost when I got into a hairy situation. I used the same/similar tactic on the last boss as well.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yeah, I was able to defeat that boss with Phobos ship this way. Just by using very short bursts of boost when I got into a hairy situation. I used the same/similar tactic on the last boss as well.
Sorry I learned that only *after* our coop session - that was the first time I had gone that far with the Phobos ship and I was completely out of my element at the time!

Jonboy

Oh I see. Never knew you could get all the way around to the other side of him.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Sorry I learned that only *after* our coop session - that was the first time I had gone that far with the Phobos ship and I was completely out of my element at the time!
Don't worry, it was my first encounter with those last three bosses in general. I ended up switching over to Phobos ship after that session, and ended up liking it better than the default one.

Foxix Von

Foxix, in the first video you're NOT losing a human. The green line that springs from the keepers indicates where the cage of the liberated human is positioned.

Check the "human counter" at the top, see the blue blinking human? That's a human you can liberate only if you keep your multiplier going. To know if you're doing it right, monitor the glow BEHIND the multiplier. That appears only for some selected humans. The rule of thumb is:

1) if there's the glow, you're doing it right and at some point a human will be liberated (you'll see the line appearing straight from the multiplier)
2) if there's no glow your multiplier is too low and you'll lose that human

In the second video you lose a standard human simply because you don't kill all the keepers in the wave and they escape (0:34 you boost away and leave a few of them unattended).

Thanks for the tip about the glowing multiplier... That's a weird little detail I never noticed. However, I am definitely losing a human in that first video. The thing is though, that the one that I'm losing doesn't blink. See what I mean?
fhzTt9r.png

2JM1laP.png

Taking out that specific line of keepers releases two humans if I do it right. If you see the second video I get the second human that I lose in the first video but lose the first one.

Jonboy

Taking out that specific line of keepers releases two humans if I do it right. If you see the second video I get the second human that I lose in the first video but lose the first one.
I don't believe that any "one set" of keepers will unlock two humans. There's something more going on there, but I would need to see the full video to figure it out. Just keep playing it and I bet you figure it out on your own. Try to save them quickly and listen to the audio cues from the controller.

There were a few levels were I kept getting confused but it was mainly due to killing a set of keepers out of order (red v. green) or not having a high enough multiplier at a certain point.

Foxix Von

I don't believe that any "one set" of keepers will unlock two humans. There's something more going on there, but I would need to see the full video to figure it out. Just keep playing it and I bet you figure it out on your own. Try to save them quickly and listen to the audio cues from the controller.

There were a few levels were I kept getting confused but it was mainly due to killing a set of keepers out of order (red v. green) or not having a high enough multiplier at a certain point.

I'm not sure what it could be. I've replayed that level up until that point ad nauseum and each time I get to that line of keepers I lose that specific human, but it never blinks. The only time I free both humans, is by defeating that line. I'm not sure if it's an order thing or a multiplier problem.

Number45

The next 'tip':

The mysterious blue arrows

Have you noticed that when you save a human, the arrows under the escape pod briefly turn to blue? Did anybody figure out why that happens? (not giving it away yet...)
Anyone? oO

Wooo! Just got the platinum. Got the epic video here. Had to get the 1cc trophy to finish. Made it all the way to the final boss with 0 lives! Wrestling and celebration in the background recorded through my ps4 cam. lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcx1BXuT1g&feature=youtu.be

I hate share doesn't show the trophies pop. :(
How did you get the background noise in this if you used the share feature?

Foxix Von

Sorry to quote you again but here's a clip of me doing it correctly. Apparently it is tied to the multiplier? I don't really understand it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ8boPsMnHg All I've noticed is that if my multiplier is high enough at that group I get a human. If I defeat that specific group of keepers without my multiplier being high enough I lose the human. As far as I can tell it only "blinks" in the notification bar a split second before I'm about to release it.

As something else that's weird, can someone please tell me what I was doing wrong that made it so that I wasn't able to actually pick up humans here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF8BKrgTPxA

How did you get the background noise in this if you used the share feature?

You can set the PS4 to record audio from your mic or camera while you as you're playing :D
Here's a random example of me cackling at Killzone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2t7alVtxA

Jonboy

Sorry to quote you again but here's a clip of me doing it correctly.
As something else that's weird, can someone please tell me what I was doing wrong that made it so that I wasn't able to actually pick up humans here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF8BKrgTPxA
Lol! That is insane. At first I thought it was because you kept shooting it and he would fly up out of the way, but you definitely flew right over him a few times. Almost looks like an odd glitch. I've honestly never seen it happen that frequently before. :-/

And yeah...in your first video, that human you were missing is tied to your multiplier. Looks like you had it on a higher difficulty in the other video (which means your multiplier increases faster).

LegoDad

Sorry to quote you again but here's a clip of me doing it correctly. Apparently it is tied to the multiplier? I don't really understand it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ8boPsMnHg All I've noticed is that if my multiplier is high enough at that group I get a human. If I defeat that specific group of keepers without my multiplier being high enough I lose the human. As far as I can tell it only "blinks" in the notification bar a split second before I'm about to release it.

You can set the PS4 to record audio from your mic or camera while you as you're playing :D
Here's a random example of me cackling at Killzone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2t7alVtxA

You lost the human because you died, and the 2nd one you lose the human because he was taken in the alien ship.. It has nothing to do with multiplier.

Weird glitch on how you couldn't pick up humans in the 2nd one.

Cragvis

So, how do you unlock master mode?

I heard you must beat veteran.

The thing is. I DID...and master is still grayed out. I even have the trophy for veteran mode to prove it. What is going on?

Top Bottom