• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Heh mastered the art of juggling the humans by shooting em and finally got the " save 2 humans in 1 second " trophy!

Should of took of video of it damnit.

Just had to carry one guy to the beam while shooting the other toward the beam, then drop the first dude off, immediately pick up the 2nd and put him in, was nice.

Harri

Housemarque
So, how do you unlock master mode?

I heard you must beat veteran.

The thing is. I DID...and master is still grayed out. I even have the trophy for veteran mode to prove it. What is going on?

The game only unlocks levels and difficulty modes in single player mode.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Whew, got the trophy for boosting all the way to a boss. I've never been a trophy hunter in the past but Resogun is so fun that I want to play it more and in different ways to get them.

So, how do you unlock master mode?

I heard you must beat veteran.

The thing is. I DID...and master is still grayed out. I even have the trophy for veteran mode to prove it. What is going on?

Did you beat it on coop? If so, that doesn't count (at least it didn't for me and my friend). You can continue, you unlock Master Mode as long as you beat Veteran in Arcade (you can start on the last level you have unlocked and play from there, I unlocked it just by starting on the last level in arcade).

Sorry to quote you again but here's a clip of me doing it correctly. Apparently it is tied to the multiplier? I don't really understand it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ8boPsMnHg All I've noticed is that if my multiplier is high enough at that group I get a human. If I defeat that specific group of keepers without my multiplier being high enough I lose the human. As far as I can tell it only "blinks" in the notification bar a split second before I'm about to release it.

It definitely is tied to your multiplier. If you notice in the video where you do free the human you have a green glow behind your multiplier and unlock the human when your multiplier hits a certain amount. If your multiplier isn't high enough the human will die.

Harri

Housemarque
It definitely is tied to your multiplier. If you notice in the video where you do free the human you have a green glow behind your multiplier and unlock the human when your multiplier hits a certain amount. If your multiplier isn't high enough the human will die.

Yes.

There are two systems:

1) If you kill a keeper group (or an ordered keeper group in the right order) you will always free a human. Multiplier has nothing to do with this system.

2) Some humans are freed automatically if your multiplier is high enough at a certain point of a level. Glow behind the multiplier communicates the current status for this - if it's green everything is ok.

ChryZ

I just joined the Platinum club,

BaBoOFNCQAA1ER1.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Crackalacking_Z/status/405438557797363713/photo/1

The 1CC was surprisingly easy.

Grinchy

Banned
Got 40 million on Veteran and that's good for me. Watch out, Joe. If you give me a few more months of playing non-stop while you stop playing completely and lose one of your arms, I just might beat you.

This game is seriously rage fuel. I should stop going back to it because it's giving me gray hairs. I haven't gotten so PISSED OFF at a game in years. Yet I keep coming back.

The way humans will die for no discernable reason drives me insane. I'm even playing on easy mode just so I can save all the humans in each level, and I'll have complete control over it, I'll always find the Keepers and shoot them, but then towards the end, a human will just die. No rhyme, no reason.

It's one thing if I just wasn't good enough, but I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong. I can get through easy mode without dying unless I make a mistake, but I can't keep all the damn humans alive no matter what I do.

JoeFenix

This game is seriously rage fuel. I should stop going back to it because it's giving me gray hairs. I haven't gotten so PISSED OFF at a game in years. Yet I keep coming back.

The way humans will die for no discernable reason drives me insane. I'm even playing on easy mode just so I can save all the humans in each level, and I'll have complete control over it, I'll always find the Keepers and shoot them, but then towards the end, a human will just die. No rhyme, no reason.

It's one thing if I just wasn't good enough, but I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong. I can get through easy mode without dying unless I make a mistake, but I can't keep all the damn humans alive no matter what I do.

There are basically 3 different human releasing mechanisms.

-Some humans are released by killing all the green glowing keepers that spawn in when the game says ''keepers detected''. Most of the humans are released this way. Don't forget that when a human is released and left alone for a couple of seconds, a UFO will come and try to take him away. This applies to all humans released regardless of the method needed to release them.

-Some humans are released if your multiplier is high enough during a certain part of the level. The 7th human in the first stage is released this way. Pay attention to the glow under your multiplier, if it's green then you're good! Keep in mind that if your multiplier isn't high enough the human will immediately die and you'll hear ''human lost''.

-Some humans are tied to glowing keepers that must be killed in a specific sequence. These are really easy to lose if you're not paying attention and just blasting away. If you kill any of the target keepers in the wrong order the human immediately dies.

So that's the gist of it, it's alot to take in at first but try to pay special attention to what's going on when you lose a human. Better yet, you can use the PS4 to watch your last 15 minutes of gameplay so you can get a better look at what exactly happened. With enough practice everything will start to make sense.

todahawk

Looks mind blowing on that Panasonic VT50 65''!
Somewhat related but I'm really digging the audio... I finally hooked up my Sony headphone amp to my receiver for the PS4 and my gawd the sound!

You and me both my friend, you and me both!
Can you kill a human by shooting it or juggling it too long?

There are basically 3 different human releasing mechanisms.

-Some humans are released by killing all the green glowing keepers that spawn in when the game says ''keepers detected''. Most of the humans are released this way. Don't forget that when a human is released and left alone for a couple of seconds, a UFO will come and try to take him away. This applies to all humans released regardless of the method needed to release them.

-Some humans are released if your multiplier is high enough during a certain part of the level. The 7th human in the first stage is released this way. Pay attention to the glow under your multiplier, if it's green then you're good! Keep in mind that if your multiplier isn't high enough the human will immediately die and you'll hear ''human lost''.

-Some humans are tied to glowing keepers that must be killed in a specific sequence. These are really easy to lose if you're not paying attention and just blasting away. If you kill any of the target keepers in the wrong order the human immediately dies.

*snip*
great info (bolded was particularly helpful to me), thanks for sharing!

JoeFenix

Somewhat related but I'm really digging the audio... I finally hooked up my Sony headphone amp to my receiver for the PS4 and my gawd the sound!

Yeah the audio is fantastic in general, particurlarly love the sound effects for the Stage 4 Boss. Wish my boost meter made a louder noise when fully charged though, I have to play with the music turned down otherwise my performance suffers :(

Can you kill a human by shooting it or juggling it too long?

No but you can very easily send him flying into a pit or a pool of hot lava, either way he won't live to tell the tale.

Better yet, you can use the PS4 to watch your last 15 minutes of gameplay so you can get a better look at what exactly happened.

Your whole post was helpful but this in particular just really stood out to me. I never even considered that. I can go back and watch exactly what killed the human. That's a next gen concept right there.

I didn't know about the multiplier requirement. That's another thing that drives me nuts, when I can't find any more enemies to shoot and I use my boost but can't make it in time and the multiplier resets.

Fodder76

I felt the same way for a while. Read the post below yours, pretty soon all will become clear and saving humans will be much easier.

todahawk

Yeah the audio is fantastic in general, particurlarly love the sound effects for the Stage 4 Boss. Wish my boost meter made a louder noise when fully charged though, I have to play with the music turned down otherwise my performance suffers :(
Thx, I didn't even think of turning down the music, I'll have to try that. Sometimes it seems there's so much stuff blowing up I can't hear anything specific, definitely worth a shot though.

No but you can very easily send him flying into a pit or a pool of hot lava, either way he won't live to tell the tale.
No lava baths yet but I've sent a few over the cliff. I've also missed my mark when throwing while boosting :/

revotron

Joined the Platinum club 2 days ago, surprisingly it's my first platinum ever as i've never really been a trophy hunter.

The PS4 has inspired me to earn trophies, well done Sony.

Epic trolling by Res0gun so far tonight. First I was going after the boosting only trophy and was near the end when I accidently hit the R2 trigger and set off a bomb lol. So then I go into Single Level mode and try that out. Here is the outcome on Veteran Acis

1452027_1384878755092854_169811894_n.jpg

Yeah that is right. 14.98X MULTIPLIER WTFFFFF!!!

But I did end up with a near perfect run of Acis.

7036_1384879815092748_723349998_n.jpg

And here is a video of me becoming a part of the 2.7% club and beating Veteran difficulty to unlock Master. This was a close one!!!! BUT I DID IT!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1384010355179694

Jonboy

How big of a points bonus do you get for not dying at all? I just set my new personal high score and didn't die until the last boss. Had him at like 5% health too! How many points did I lose out on?

TripOpt55

I got the platinum. Feels good! See myself playing this game for a long time though. Still very addictive. Now to try and maximize my scores!

I think Invincible is just 25K on points. Atleast that is what I got on my screen up there for Acis Veteran. Maybe the other levels give more?

see5harp

How big of a points bonus do you get for not dying at all? I just set my new personal high score and didn't die until the last boss. Had him at like 5% health too! How many points did I lose out on?

The 25k for invincible is really peanuts compared to the bonus you get for just keeping a maxed out multiplier. Knowing when you pop your overdrive and boost is a much more fruitful venture.

I just took 1st place on veteran and I didn't have a single life or bomb at the end. I basically scored all of my points on the first 4 levels.

The 25k for invincible is really peanuts compared to the bonus you get for just keeping a maxed out multiplier. Knowing when you pop your overdrive and boost is a much more fruitful venture.

I just took 1st place on veteran and I didn't have a single life or bomb at the end. I basically scored all of my points on the first 4 levels.

Damn it.

DXPett1

This game...so beautiful @__@

I only just figured out how to use boost well after hunting for the two boost related trophies. Seems like a regular arcade game but its deep in some gameplay

Top Bottom