• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Mondy

Banned
Just got my Platinum as well. Nailed 1CC solo on my first attempt with 2 lives to spare. Pretty proud of that. Awesome game overall. This is what pure modern arcade is all about.

Cyborg

I dont get this game.
How do you get realy high scores?

I see some huys with 35mil on the first level. How is this possible? Could someone (who has skills) give me some tips/tricks?

And; how do I get the trophy save two humans in one second?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sorry to spam, but apparently, releasing R1 (OD) at the right moment triggers an "explosion"??

So, instead of holding it down completely, you can seemingly time it to explode (according to tips on the HM forum)

Hmm, isn't that just for the boost (L1)? I'm pretty sure the OD always drains completely with just a single tap of R1, so there's no way to control it like you can with the boost.

kyser73

I dont get this game.
How do you get realy high scores?

I see some huys with 35mil on the first level. How is this possible? Could someone (who has skills) give me some tips/tricks?

And; how do I get the trophy save two humans in one second?

There tons of stuff in the thread about keeping the multiplier up and I'm pretty sure that 35m score was done on Master or Hero level, but to answer your second question, pick one human up with the ship and use your laser to bounce the other one along so you can deposit them at the same time.

^ Speaking of DLC, what do you guys prefer?

1) A whole new set of 5 levels complete with new bosses, enemies, and leaderboards
2) New modes, like in SSHD
3) A focus on local multiplayer/co-op modes

Ideally, all three :p

But I wonder, considering Resogun's nature, what kind of new modes they can make. Did you guys like SSHD's Solo pack or Co-Op pack more? Did people find the Solo modes to be too gimmicky?

I'd love to see an expansion pack dedicated to a whole new set of stages

I'm envisioning some awesome expansion pack that takes place in caves and forests, instead of space. Sort of like saving the colonized humans back on earth. It's the same concept, but imagine using lush environments and caves, skyscrapers, waterfalls in the background, etc.

I am having a hard time envisioning what kind of new enemies/bosses they can make considering they seem to have them all down in the base game.

A co-op expansion pack also has a lot of potential, but I much prefer the resources to go towards the single player experience. I still feel like the co-op provided should have been better adjusted to make it seem more unique: sharing multiplier, player-specific enemies, donating bombs/lives to your mates, etc.

I'd love to see a set of new environments. The grim-dark, neo-futuristic look of Resogun is fine, but I'd kill for a few stages that would be a bit more colourful.

Oh, and I'd definitely like infinite looping - I keep hearing that Master loops to Hero, but Hero doesn't loop again, right? Gradius V for the PS2 was just stupendously addictive due to the fact that you could loop it indefinitely.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Just got the platinum.

Last boss on veteran was fucking nerve racking. I went into that boss with 3 lives and finished him off on 0 with a third of his life left.

I was on zero lives, he had a third of his life left, and the mother fucker goes into bullet-hell mode. So many bullets coming from every fucking angle..........

I was in pure zen mode. I wasn't even looking where I was shooting. Overdrive saved my ass in that mode.

Just got my Platinum as well. Nailed 1CC solo on my first attempt with 2 lives to spare. Pretty proud of that. Awesome game overall. This is what pure modern arcade is all about.

got my platinum last weekend.
now i just have to beat some really good highscores on my friendlist.

I as well, gentlemen. /brofist

I need some friends so I can have some leaderboard battles. Everybody on my friends list has a pretty low score. I'm at the top of most of the lists and my scores aren't even good. Anybody want to help a brother out and send me a friend request?

PSN ID: CarlosVato

Lé Blade Runner;93178726 said:
I'd love to see a set of new environments. The grim-dark, neo-futuristic look of Resogun is fine, but I'd kill for a few stages that would be a bit more colourful.

Oh, and I'd definitely like infinite looping - I keep hearing that Master loops to Hero, but Hero doesn't loop again, right? Gradius V for the PS2 was just stupendously addictive due to the fact that you could loop it indefinitely.

Yea, it doesn't loop again. The focus on this game is much more on mastering the key moments to use Overdrive and figure out patterns to score high, as opposed to surviving to loop infinitely, like in Stardust.

Hmm, isn't that just for the boost (L1)? I'm pretty sure the OD always drains completely with just a single tap of R1, so there's no way to control it like you can with the boost.

That makes much more sense.

dcx4610

Any tips on the saving humans trophies? I either can't find the keepers fast enough or I lose humans unexpectedly. I've heard you need to keep a multiplier going for some humans so it is better NOT to play on rookie for the trophies?

Jonboy

Was having my best run yet on veteran and totally fell apart in the final level. Still finished just shy of 99,000,000 (which put me around 51 overall at that moment).

Grinchy

Banned
Any tips on the saving humans trophies? I either can't find the keepers fast enough or I lose humans unexpectedly. I've heard you need to keep a multiplier going for some humans so it is better NOT to play on rookie for the trophies?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92995753&postcount=1426

That should help. Sometimes you just have to really listen for the sound of the multiplier-released humans going off. And you have to be really careful about killing the keepers who have to be killed in order.

kuppy

Absolutely hooked, fantastic game, so much better to play it yourself actually.

I have one question though: Where can I find the OST? I have no problem paying for it.

Mindlog

3qqOl4A.jpg

After some time off I came back to close out the Platinum. It was much easier than I anticipated. My only minor hang-up was with the last boss for 1CC. The Phobos doesn't have the same boost as a Nemesis so my previously sloppy dodge under its body was a foolish move :]

Fun game! Probably in for future DLC.

Grinchy

Banned
IPrVjYDm.png

Platinum trophy get!

Only 1.6% of the people who have played so far have it, so good job fellas. It's really not all that difficult to get once you know how to play the game, but it was a lot of fun getting it. The true Resogun starts here.

Got Platinum today. Last two trophies I had to get were beating the game on Veteran and beating a mission on Master without dying. Getting both of them was intense.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, Master difficulty is so awesome. Those revenge bullets completely change the game. You can't even safely just shoot your way through a straight line of enemies anymore.

There must not be a whole lot of people playing it yet because my crappy 37 million for arcade puts me in 89th place.

Croyles

No Overdrive doesn't drain completely with a single tap. It depletes slowly once tapped and you can stop shooting and start shooting again anytime you want during that phase. There is definitely a hidden mechanic there also.

That makes much more sense.

Not really. :p

Number45

The changed boss mechanics are awesome too!
That first boss surprised the fuck out of me on master. Wonder which variant they started with on the design?

No Overdrive doesn't drain completely with a single tap. It depletes slowly once tapped and you can stop shooting and start shooting again anytime you want during that phase. There is definitely a hidden mechanic there also.
But you can't cancel the effect the same way you can with boost - does it actually slow down how quick the bar depletes?

psn

Very nearly killed the final boss on Veteran difficulty tonight. Finding it incredibly tough though. Just getting through the level without losing lives is hard enough.

I don't want to wimp out and quit though!

Even then he is really tough, got him once in online coop. When I'm home I'm going to try again. 2nd last boss was much much easier.

Got Platinum today. Last two trophies I had to get were beating the game on Veteran and beating a mission on Master without dying. Getting both of them was intense.

I got mine yesterday. 1CC was the last trophy I needed and it was BRUTAL. I had 0 extra lives and 0 bombs for the last boss fight. Resogun is such a beautifully designed game

There is nothing more boring on this planet than doing the first stage boss with Nemesis and its horrible plinky-plink guns. I haven't timed it, but I estimate it takes about 4 hours and 282 rotations to finally destroy the core.

Grinchy

Banned
There is nothing more boring on this planet than doing the first stage boss with Nemesis and its horrible plinky-plink guns. I haven't timed it, but I estimate it takes about 4 hours and 282 rotations to finally destroy the core.

I tried an arcade run with Nemesis last night on Master and I am convinced that it's pointless to play with that ship. The second boss was so stupidly hard in comparison to using Phobos. It was crazy how much longer it took to beat him than it should.

I like the mobility of the ship, but the guns are just too weak to do a real run IMO.

Not really. :p

...Intriguing.

I tried an arcade run with Nemesis last night on Master and I am convinced that it's pointless to play with that ship. The second boss was so stupidly hard in comparison to using Phobos. It was crazy how much longer it took to beat him than it should.

I like the mobility of the ship, but the guns are just too weak to do a real run IMO.

Yeah, Phobos just is the go-to ship. I wonder how intentional it was, or if HM expected lots of variety in the top scores. If there is some hidden talent to Nemesis, I'm not seeing it.

I was playing around with boost-throwing, and I'm expecting it to be true that Nemesis can throw humans much farther than Phobos, right?

prophecy0

I agree about Nemesis. The maneuverability + homing projectiles + boost are great for maintaining multipliers and getting out of "oh shit" moments when trying to get the 1cc trophy, but at the higher difficulties it just becomes a chore to get through some of the enemies/bosses. Phobos is where it's at.

rCIZZLE

Basically just got the plat. Doing a quick playthrough with Ferox to get the last trophy. Great game, hope they release DLC at some point.

edit: and done

NeoROCK

This is gonna be my first Platinum trophy.

Still gotta finish 1cc, Beat a level on Master Difficulty, Save all humans (almost there), and kill 100 enemies with 1 Overdrive.

I think 1cc will be alright as long as I get all the Bombs and Extra Lives.

ONE LAST THING: If you're not playing this game with Surround Sound, you're doing it wrong.

Grinchy

Banned
Basically just got the plat. Doing a quick playthrough with Ferox to get the last trophy. Great game, hope they release DLC at some point.

edit: and done

haha we had the same last trophy

Still need my 1cc trophy. A friend offered to co-op it with me, but I kinda feel like that's cheating... Am I being too much of a nerd?

As long as you can sleep at night knowing that your cheesed your way through the game, it's fine. (jk)

Satchel

Banned
How in The Lord are you guys Platinuming? I'm still learning how to properly release humans.

Second level I heard "Keepers detected", within seconds I hear "Human lost". I was like "what the fuck?"

NeoROCK

How in The Lord are you guys Platinuming? I'm still learning how to properly release humans.

Second level I heard "Keepers detected", within seconds I hear "Human lost". I was like "what the fuck?"

I posted a graph a couple pages back showing how to release all the humans.

JoeFenix

Looks like I'm not going to be first for much longer :)

Seems like someone's been putting in some serious time and smashed all my individual level scores, only a matter of time before he goes for the overall record.

It's cool to see how much further the game can be pushed though, I'm mostly moving on to other stuff but I'll keep playing this on the side. Such a great game!

Time to finally give Ys Celceta the love it deserves :)

I'm beginning to think that this game has a balance issue.

Top 10 are all Phobos players, with the top 3 being Canadian.

Canadians are OP

Love this game more every time I play it. I'm a little confused though.

I just can't seem to rescue all humans on the first world. I shoot all the keepers and rescue them, but there's always one human that instantly seems to turn in to a red outline (in the tally at the top), without any keepers appearing etc. What am I doing wrong?

Also, on the leaderboards, there aren't many more than around 350,000 players. I'd have thought far more would have dipped in considering it's free on Plus.

Only started playing this last night, but my god is it addictive! Was supposed to get some work done for a Uni assignment, but that didn't happen!

Took me a good while just to figure out how the rescue the humans. Kept on here the notification that there were collectors incoming and didn't have a clue what they looked like. That was quickly followed by "human lost". I was pretty much shouting at my TV "Tell me how to save them!".

Figured it out eventually and started getting some decent scores. Still playing on the easiest level until I get a better hang of it!

I just can't seem to rescue all humans on the first world. I shoot all the keepers and rescue them, but there's always one human that instantly seems to turn in to a red outline (in the tally at the top), without any keepers appearing etc. What am I doing wrong?

Yea I have the same problem, humans randomly dying in their boxes. No idea what's going on there.

There are probably more than 350K players, but I'm guessing they just are showing the top 350K scores. And considering PS4 sold like a million or so, the numbers aint too bad.

Top Bottom