• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn (Titanfall, Stig) making 3rd person action/adven Star Wars game w/ EA, UE4

I don't get what's so confusing. It seems clear that Visceral/Amy Hennig's game is like Uncharted, while Respawn's game - considering who the director of that project is - is probably going to be akin to a God of War game, but with lightsabers.

JimiNutz

Banned
Titanfall is still one of the best games this gen and I can't wait to see what Respawn will do with the Star Wars licence given a bigger budget and more development time.

There was a sword in the Titanfall trailer so I'm really hoping for some lightsaber action in this game!

That caught my eye, too, but I think they're just talking about The Old Republic MMO.

Didn't KOTOR get released for android yesterday for may 4th? This feels like a statement that these companies are working on new projects.

Does the hope remain?

for me it does, yoda help me.

Ushay

Is this an entirely new game or related to Viscerals game?

P.S. I hope Bioware is working on another KOTOR

bioware you say?

Is this an entirely new game or related to Viscerals game?

P.S. I hope Bioware is working on another KOTOR

1) - BioWare being referenced is in regards to The Old Republic. No more, no less. This is not the new game you're looking for.
2) - It's already been confirmed that both Visceral and Respawn's games are two separate projects. They're not one and the same.

SomTervo

class design, skills/progression

Interesting...

If we get anything remotely close to Dark Forces: Jedi Knight III I will fucking die happy.

Even if it has a different, non-DF name. Oh my god.

I think this new respawn game is going to be something akin to force unleashed.

Just look back at the best Star Wars games pre Disney:

X-Wing
Rogue Squadron
Jedi Knight
Battlefront
KOTOR
Force Unleashed

I've got to think when EA got into this deal they looked at the past Star Wars games and decided to just go down the list and make games that are new versions of what came before. Battlefront got done. I think something like God of War but with lightsabers sounds like Force Unleashed. Visceral/Motive game is likely Star Wars: Uncharted. Not exactly Jedi knight (no lightsaber) but I think it will generally fill that role.

That statement made it sound like BioWare is cooking up something new-- but maybe it's just TOR. But would totally make sense to do KOTOR3 at this point. Anyone who was going to get into TOR has by this point. Everyone else is just waiting for KOTOR3.

That just leaves the flying game slot open. I'm hoping that's the project that the other team mentioned is working on.

I think this new respawn game is going to be something akin to force unleashed.

Just look back at the best Star Wars games pre Disney:

X-Wing
Rogue Squadron
Jedi Knight
Battlefront
KOTOR
Force Unleashed

I've got to think when EA got into this deal they looked at the past Star Wars games and decided to just go down the list and make games that are new versions of what came before. Battlefront got done. I think something like God of War but with lightsabers sounds like Force Unleashed. Visceral/Motive game is likely Star Wars: Uncharted. Not exactly Jedi knight (no lightsaber) but I think it will generally fill that role.

That statement made it sound like BioWare is cooking up something new-- but maybe it's just TOR. But would totally make sense to do KOTOR3 at this point. Anyone who was going to get into TOR has by this point. Everyone else is just waiting for KOTOR3.

That just leaves the flying game slot open. I'm hoping that's the project that the other team mentioned is working on.

If we get a proper KOTOR III I will loose my mind

jdstorm

Banned
Jade Raymond's Motive is working with Visceral on the same project.

Motive are also working on a new Open World IP. Looks like I confused that with what they are doing on the visceral game.

Hopefully Motive's Open world game is also a Star Wars game

Eggbok

Didn't KOTOR get released for android yesterday for may 4th? This feels like a statement that these companies are working on new projects.

Does the hope remain?

for me it does, yoda help me.

If I'm not mistaken KOTOR has been on mobile devices for over a year lol.

KKRT00

Not that excited with UE 4, because i think Frostbite has much better support inside EA than UE4 would ever have, but i would kill for Jedi Knight sequel!

Surfinn

The JK Universe is full of references and links to the old EU and has some pretty mental stuff of it's own. I don't see Jerec, Luke's Jedi Temple and Kyle Katarn (who stole the Death Star plans) fitting into the new timeline. They are not going to put time and resources into a game from the old cannon.

There's some kind of Battlefront VR experience coming to PSVR, but nobody knows exactly what it is yet, it may not even be a game. Along with Visceral and Respawn's games, that makes 3 confirmed upcoming SW games.
Right but who says they'll reference any of that? Are you suggesting they didn't be able to create their own story from scratch within that franchise?

El_Chino

Not that excited with UE 4, because i think Frostbite has much better support inside EA than UE4 would ever have, but i would kill for Jedi Knight sequel!

I think of Respawn as the rebel child of EA. They'll make three games without ever touching Frostbite.

I really wonder why that is.

Top Bottom