• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

SteeloDMZ

Banned
jPR0Jg2kVWaiQ.png

Oh, it's still coming out on the Wii? Cool. I'll probably pick up both Wii and PS3 versions.

Glad to see it finally release.

Edit:
Now that I think about it, looking at some of the screenshots, it's hard not to think of Konami. It seems they were inspired from them the most.

Gowans

Man I remember the slot of the trial of this game built into Mrs Splosionman on XBLA.

Would love to hear the story of it's development.

THe XBLA date still TBA?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm getting it for the VITA. The game should look marvelous on that screen.

A question, anyone knows if the Splosion Man mini-game is exclusive to the 360 version, or will it be out for all versions?

Grayman

It's coming out on GOG as well, for those of you who dislike steam (such as myself).

per RPS

It’s officially careening into town on October 9th for the princely sum of $14.99. Steam and GOG will both stock its virtual gametape on their e-shelves, or you can head over to VBlank’s website for a standalone DRM-free version – in addition to a free Steam or GOG key. (Hint: the correct answer is to buy it from VBlank. Or the strange man on the corner who’s offering games and candy. Candy! The choice is obvious.)

Purchase was handled by humble bundle.

kassatsu

Banned
It is $14.99

release info:
Retro City Rampage is finally launching October 9th on PS3 and PS Vita in North America and on PC / Steam / GOG worldwide. The European PS3 and PS Vita releases will follow later this month, WiiWare following shortly after that. The XBLA version is 99.9% ready to get out the door, but still waiting for a release slot.

A question, anyone knows if the Splosion Man mini-game is exclusive to the 360 version, or will it be out for all versions?

All versions

I'm guessing it will be a 360 exclusive. The Vita has some exclusive display modes though, I think.

Aeana

I think I'm looking forward to the virt and Norrin Radd music more than anything, but the game looks awesome regardless.

Izick

I really want to get this. I have points stowed away on the 360 so I think I'll buy it on there. I hope they give a release date for that versions soon!

You can pre-order the PC version for $15 and get a DRM free version and either a Steam or GOG version for free. You'll also get extras, like the soundtrack.

If you're getting it on Steam, you should probably get it that way, if only for the DRM free version.

It is $14.99

It might be cheaper on the Wii, since Nintendo sets the prices. But they've been a lot looser when it comes to digital policies, so it's not guaranteed.

Screw dishonored, this is the game of the week (month?).

Just beat the LBP Vita campaign so my Vita awaits Tuesday and begs Grace Chen for mercy and an early update.

Ath

I remember when this started out as Grand Theftendo. It's really good to see that it's nearly out!

Gowans

Yup. Whenever MS decides to let him release it.
Who's publishing it on XBLA?

I wouldn't be surprised if ms put a bullit in it, they hate having stuff late.

If it gets great reviews that would probably secure it tho.

Tucah

you speak so well
Definitely buying this, don't know when I'll get around to it because of Dishonored/XCOM but looks great.

steveovig

Watch Sony not put a demo of this on the store Tuesday. Not to say, I would need a demo for this but it couldn't hurt.

Unicorn

Oh wow. This is actually releasing!

I remember being cautiously optimistic about it years ago, then heard nothing. Thought it was vaporware.

Carl

Who's publishing it on XBLA?

I wouldn't be surprised if ms put a bullit in it, they hate having stuff late.

If it gets great reviews that would probably secure it tho.

No idea who's publishing, but yeah i'd imagine (and hope) that releasing everywhere else will make MS give it a release slot.

Top Bottom