• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

slider

I was reading an interview with the creator of the game, and he said there's also tons of references to tv shows and movies. He mentioned Saved by the Bell as an example. Lol

I hope lots of them are really obvious; otherwise I'll miss them!

Vita for the OLED methinks.

Haunted

So this game was made by like 5 guys ?
Brian Provinciano did all the design, programming and 75% of the art. He brought on another person to help with the art, and 3 more people for sound design and music.

So, it's mainly the brainchild of one guy, with the help of four others. :)

Loudninja

rey-avatar-rcr.jpg

Fans of the PlayStation.Blog can now play as Sid, Jeff or as me in Retro City Rampage. Make sure to choose me (Rey Gutierrez) as your avatar. My hair looks great in all its retro 8-bit glory!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/07/the-drop-week-of-october-8th-2012-new-releases/

A demo is coming on Tuesday as well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
*Goes to preorder page*
*Sees sales are handled through humble store*
*Moves on and waits for inclusion in HiB something*

Neo Child

Banned
Omg finally it's coming out, I remember when it was first announced.

Coming to pc I assume since someone mentioned gog, 1080p yum though times like this wish I had a vita

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Launch trailer coming tonight

xKilltheMx, Retro/Grade has Minecraft and Meat Boy references/cameos

I'm actually kinda wondering whether this appeals at all to people who didn't grow up with these games, or if it is pretty much only of interest to those who did. Is anybody in here young enough that NES gaming is out of your realm of nostalgia, but you're still interested in the game?

I'm not a big gamer during that time, I know tmnt, contra, and some other games mentioned, but only play a level or two, never beat them or have some nostalgia about how good they are.

that said, I'm really looking forward for this. maybe as an attempt to see what it's all about.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yeah, I also wasn't part of the NES era. Retro City Rampage appeals a lot to me though because it looks like it has an insane amount of detail and love put into it, great aesthetic, I dig chiptune music, and most importantly, it looks really fun to play.

daevv

Any mention of how big the game is MB wise? My little 4gb Vita card is not cutting it and i need to upgrade. Also wondering on the trophy list.

Top Bottom