• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator dreams are made of, son

Knurek

If you use the nightlies as is it should work, if you are just integrating the .exe into your setup you need to download assets and put them in the asset directory.

http://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/

I've tried redownloading the assets, using newest exe build, no dice. Hard crash on startup whenever I set the menu to use xmb.

Also, I can't get the savestates to work with Beetle PSX. Hard crash either straight after BIOS screen or before first loading screen. Only tried US version of Suikoden, anyone else having luck with them?

Palom

I've tried redownloading the assets, using newest exe build, no dice. Hard crash on startup whenever I set the menu to use xmb.

Also, I can't get the savestates to work with Beetle PSX. Hard crash either straight after BIOS screen or before first loading screen. Only tried US version of Suikoden, anyone else having luck with them?
Do you happen to have rewind turned on? It gives me crash on boot with PS1 if I leave it on, but can be turned back on once you're playing.

I've also had crash problems after upgrading versions that can be fixed by deleting my cfg file. I was playing Harvest Moon yesterday with the latest build and save states were working for me.

Awakened

Thanks! What about core for emulation or it does not matter for gba?
UPD - RetroArch's VBA-Next is based off an older revision of VBA-M with added speedhacks and tweaks, making it a bit less accurate in some respects, though it fixes a few games such as Advance Wars 2. =(
There's also a regular VBA-M core based off the latest source. And there's a mGBA core in progress that should outpace VBA-M in speed and accuracy eventually.

Awakened

Also found bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll core. Is it better than simple bsnes core?
It has speedups (HLE emulation) for special chip games. If you don't have any problems running stuff like Mega Man X2 and X3 with the normal balanced core, I'd stick with that.

KainXVIII

Thanks, will look into it!
I also found that Genenis Plus GX core for Retroarch is actually very accurate (i only use Kega Fusion to this day), so i give it a try.

Knurek

Thanks, will look into it!
I also found that Genenis Plus GX core for Retroarch is actually very accurate (i only use Kega Fusion to this day), so i give it a try.

G+GX is great, definitely on par (if not better) than Fusion.
Only downside is lack of 32x emulation.

KainXVIII

And the last question (for now =) ), is it safe to use nightly build of Retroarch itself or better stick with stable 1.0.0.2?

Knurek

And the last question (for now =) ), is it safe to use nightly build of Retroarch itself or better stick with stable 1.0.0.2?

Keep the stable version handy if you plan on playing Super Game Boy games using the BSNES core (so, with borders and colors).
Nightly builds don't support that due to some internal changes, and no other GB core has border support. :\

Radius4

There are still some quirks, have been at it all day. Rebuilding, testing, etc.
Just don't use the settings from the android menu, configure eveyrhing from RGUI and you'll be fine

Lettuce

Is the Amiga P-UAE core working in the nightly build?. I select the core and a game to load but then im presented with a grey screen title P-UAE Menu, but im not sure what i need to select to get the game to load?

Also have been trying to use the ZX Spectrum core FUSE, but im unable to start any games as the majority of games have the title screen when you usually have to press keys 1-4 to select a control method but no key on the keyboard seems to do anything.

Is there a Amstrad CPC and Commando 64 core in the nightly's?

Dicer

Banned
Anyone running this in Linux. looking for some help with configs, I have emulationstation fronetend going OK, just wanna sort out some video options and filters and stuff per core...

Radius4

Is the Amiga P-UAE core working in the nightly build?. I select the core and a game to load but then im presented with a grey screen title P-UAE Menu, but im not sure what i need to select to get the game to load?

Also have been trying to use the ZX Spectrum core FUSE, but im unable to start any games as the majority of games have the title screen when you usually have to press keys 1-4 to select a control method but no key on the keyboard seems to do anything.

Is there a Amstrad CPC and Commando 64 core in the nightly's?

For fuse, set your input device to keyboard under input settings

Dizzy-4U

Does anyone remember the folders I have to create inside the retroarch directory for the mame core to save the settings? I did this some time ago and I forgot how to do it.

I remember having to set the path to said folders too.

Arle Nadja

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm trying to get some netplay going but whenever I try to type in a nickname or an IP address the input is all wonky. It registers multiple key presses every time I press a key and adds the "x" I use to select the option, giving me something like "x119922..3399".

Is this a known problem? Did I do something wrong?

Radius4

Probably you're using RA with VSync disabled...
If you have to disable vsync for whatever reason, try enabling the throttle menu option.

Aku-Audi

How do you actually add games to the system lists along with art and backgrounds etc on the XMB setting? I can load games through the classic method of load content but I see the icons for each system if I scroll to the right. Having some trouble understanding these things.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is there are setting other than per-core configuration that I need to check off in order to have shaders designated per core? I keep having to switch between hylian-crt to cgwg-lcd.

Radius4

Hmmm probably per-core won't do the trick for that setting, that's why shader stuff is not under settings. The way shaders works is it saves a shader as configname.cgp in the shader dir, so if you use just one config your current preset will be retroarch.cgp.

The solution would be to save the preset, and then edit your file by hand and replace retroarch.cgp with yourawesomepreset.cgp

Lettuce

Is is possible to set button configs for each emulator without having it effect the RGUI button configs yet??

Also what shaders dont require integra scaling to be enable to achieve equal scanlines?, i know crt-easymode and crt-geom are 2 that dont need integra to be enabled

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hmmm probably per-core won't do the trick for that setting, that's why shader stuff is not under settings. The way shaders works is it saves a shader as configname.cgp in the shader dir, so if you use just one config your current preset will be retroarch.cgp.

The solution would be to save the preset, and then edit your file by hand and replace retroarch.cgp with yourawesomepreset.cgp
That's so odd. I remember 1.0.0.2 letting me use lcd shaders for handhelds and crt shaders for consoles and swapping automatically. Maybe I'm going senile.

Thanks!

Radius4

Is is possible to set button configs for each emulator without having it effect the RGUI button configs yet??

Also what shaders dont require integra scaling to be enable to achieve equal scanlines?, i know crt-easymode and crt-geom are 2 that dont need integra to be enabled

Options/core remapping options.
Some new features detailed here

Lettuce

I know this isnt really related to this thread but i thought it would be the best place to ask. I have only recently been aware that MAME can use GLSL shaders but they appear to be in .vsh or .fsh and not .glsl file format, im wanting to use ...

crt-easymode
crt-geom (one with the curve and one without)
crt-lottes

can these be easily converted?

Mindwipe

Does anyone have any advice on a good cue file for Snatcher?

I started playing it on Retroarch for Android, but after the first act the audio is offset by a few seconds. I found a post somewhere saying Snatcher does some weird offset thing, but not how to actually solve the problem.

EasyMode

I know this isnt really related to this thread but i thought it would be the best place to ask. I have only recently been aware that MAME can use GLSL shaders but they appear to be in .vsh or .fsh and not .glsl file format, im wanting to use ...

crt-easymode
crt-geom (one with the curve and one without)
crt-lottes

can these be easily converted?

Looks like crt-geom is available in that format:

http://www.mameau.com/mame-glsl-shaders-setup/

Radius4

Screenshot%202015-04-07%2000.03.25.png

:D

Radius4

No, this just allows remapping core inputs without messing with RA mappings. I didn't alter the whole input subsystem.

Awakened

The new per core and per game override system is excellent. Now I don't need to set the per game stuff on the frontend level, which makes it easier to experiment with different ones. And it's simplified my config setup overall, making it easier to change things.

nkarafo

Is there any place where we can find updated cores? The only thing i found is a zip that has all the cores inside but the version name is the same with the one i have a year now (1.0.0.2)

And generally... how do you update the program itself anyway? :D

Also, 4DO seems to lack vsync...

Edit: Last question: Is there a way to save the volume level? I use a -7 value because it's too loud otherwise but then it comes back at zero. I can't find anything related to audio volume in the config files.

vanty

So is that in the nightly build you posted or is it something coming soon? I can't see it anywhere.

But I see that's per game, is there already a per core input option? Basically so I don't have to go and remap the buttons when switching between NES and SNES.

nkarafo

Damn, all my shader and overlay options have been reset after the update i need to create them all from the beginning... :(

I thought the program was more "portable" nvm though.

Edit: A couple of issues

-Every time i load a rom it asks me to extract it. In previous version i would just press the button and load the rom without extra confirmations.

-Every time an overlay is enabled, the mouse cursor appears. This was also in the older version. Not good for couch gaming as you need to move it away with the mouse or disable the overlays altogether.

Top Bottom