• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: US officials say deadly Yemen operation approved without sufficient intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

This situation is very complicated and its seeming like Obama administration, Trump administration, and the Pentagon may end up getting equal blame.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Look, I know this really isn't a good look but I'd appreciate it if people stopped acting like everything in the future is now suddenly set in stone.

Nihilism and defeatism aren't going to get us anywhere in these trying times.
Spare me the pep talk. The man acts without thinking, has already picked fights with a bunch of countries, and has access to nuclear weapons. I'm allowed to be fucking terrified.

Forearms

This situation is very complicated and its seeming like Obama administration, Trump administration, and the Pentagon may end up getting equal blame.

How can this be the fault of an administration that no longer calls the shots?

Hex

Banned
But it was secret!
Remember Trump knows better than all of the military and generals.
If they don't talk about it and discuss it the enemy will never know they are coming.

Shadybiz

Obama administration may GET some blame, but they they in no way DESERVE it. This was Trump's call. No one put a gun to his head and made him green-light it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Obama and Hillary will never stop being blamed by these fucks.

How can this be the fault of an administration that no longer calls the shots?
There's certainly a more nuanced discussion to be had about Presidents that inherit conflict. As a quick case example, Bush took us into Iraq and Afghanistan, but we continued operations in both nations and saw them continue to fall apart under Obama. How much blame does Bush get for that and how much does Obama get? Similarly, you could make arguments about the situation in Yemen and what Obama (or any predecessors) did to get us into that situation.

Regardless of broader arguments though, Trump made the specific call on this operation. And if Obama had held off on the mission to wait for intel and Trump refused to do the same, the mission is even more completely square on his shoulders.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Trump was so eager to get his dick wet on a military operation with his new "toys" that he gave the go ahead without waiting for proper intelligence.

So in 13 days, Trump has pissed off two foreign Presidents, banned Muslims in several countries from coming to the US and gotten a Navy Seal killed thanks to his zeal to look like a fucking hero.

We've also had a mosque burned to the ground and a Trump-inspired Canadian White Supremacist killing 6 people in another mosque North of the border.

13 days folks. Only 1,447 days to go before he is possibly sworn in for a second term.

Haunted

This isn't about making comparisons, but it had to be said that it hasn't even been two weeks and he already fucked up worse than whatever they accused Clinton of with Benghazi.

These are complicated, heavy decisions. That's what everyone was warning about with needing the right temperament as commander in chief. Knowing when to engage, knowing when NOT to. These are the kinds of mistakes that end up happening with a brash populist with low intelligence convinced of his own infallibility in control.

And now people have died needlessly because of this incompetent fool. Civilians. Children. And they won't be the last.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So in 13 days, Trump has pissed off two foreign Presidents, banned Muslims in several countries from coming to the US and gotten a Navy Seal killed thanks to his zeal to look like a fucking hero.

We've also had a mosque burned to the ground and a Trump-inspired Canadian White Supremacist killing 6 people in another mosque North of the border.

13 days folks. Only 1,447 days to go before he is possibly sworn in for a second term.
And an 8 year old girl.

Spare me the pep talk. The man acts without thinking, has already picked fights with a bunch of countries, and has access to nuclear weapons. I'm allowed to be fucking terrified.

Nobody's saying you're not allowed to be scared, but the rampant amount of despair and panic I've been seeing in every single Trump news thread is getting really tiring at this point.

Post-truth is just as bad on our side as it is on theirs. You along with many other posters are letting your rampant emotions get in the way of your critical thinking and filling these threads with knee-jerk reactionary posts that serve no purpose of actual discussion and merely exist to blow off steam and make other people follow suit at the mere mention of Trump's name.

These threads are becoming borderline unreadable when I'm trying to get a realistic grasp on just what the situation is from the article.

royalan

Obama and Hillary will never stop being blamed by these fucks.

And fuck, why wouldn't they? I mean, if you had a willing scapegoat available 24/7 wouldn't you use them from time to time?

Republicans blame Democrats, and Democrats let them.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I hope the dead soldier's family spits in his face if given the opportunity. What a dangerous stupid fucking cunt.

I'm sure the Republican congress will form a committee and get to the bottom of this.
Hahaha.

Hahahahahaha.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Blaming the the last admin. I'm sorry but you are the commander and chief now. They delayed the raid for a reason.

You can't pass the buck.

Avixph

What if he decides to orchestrate a terrorist attack in a major US city in order to blame it on Muslims and liberal?

Brakke

Banned
It's particularly crazy for your Whole Thing to be "Obama is a soft, illegitimate moron who made all the wrong calls", and to then go and blame him for a decision you made. What a dipshit our idiot President is.

RDreamer

Yeah, these are exactly the sort of decisions I would have trusted Hillary on way more than Trump. This motherfucker does not have the temperament needed for this crap, and the people he's brought on to help aren't going to help...

Worst Civ player ever

Ishan

You know what . Sometimes I'm just happy now that I have a skill set employable worldwide . A loving family&friends and a home country nice to me to go back to if need be . Which is way wayyy more than many ppl have.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
This isn't about making comparisons, but it had to be said that it hasn't even been two weeks and he already fucked up worse than whatever they accused Clinton of with Benghazi.
Oh, let the Benghazi comparisons FLOW.

Ishan

Yeah, these are exactly the sort of decisions I would have trusted Hillary on way more than Trump. This motherfucker does not have the temperament needed for this crap, and the people he's brought on to help aren't going to help...
I would actually trust trumps temp aren't over some of his advisors . He's moody but can be pandered and flattered isn't some loon tying to bring down the world order and reestablish judeochristian as the only way forward

Edit and I can't believe I said that Jesus Christ ...

Really interesting that several military officials are placing blame squarely at his doorstep. This is just week two, people.

C3oi8Q_VUAI4BP5.jpg

This is ALL on Trump.

Zen Aku

I don't know how you can blame Obama administration on this. They gathered the Intel and deemed that it wasn't enough. Postpone it until Trump administration could gather more intel. But he signed off on it and went in with what they got anyway and it was a disaster.

When someone is telling you the layout isn't finished, you don't say "okay, well let's put it together."

"Obama said wait for more intelligence. I'm a smarter, better president, so that's all the intelligence we needed. What channel is the raid on?"

All jokes aside, I wonder if this is this sort of thing that would have been covered in the daily intelligence briefings. That he felt were unnecessary.

Really interesting that several military officials are placing blame squarely at his doorstep. This is just week two, people.
You'd imagine that many are disgruntled with what's happening. Being kept out of the loops on stuff like the travel ban? Hearing Trump is supposedly talking shit to multiple key allies? Ridiculous stuff.

Breads

Banned
To be fair everything this whitehouse will do will be without sufficient intel. They are a goal oriented type not bothered with things like facts or laws or decades of carefully cultivated relationships or how the repercussions will effect the civilians.

How the hell does Obama get the blame on this one? It says in plain writing he passed the decision onto Trump.

Oh, and Dems better fucking make this Trump's Benghazi. Get a fucking committee going. GET THE MEDIA BACK, DEMS!! asodf;jsall (sorry frustrated that right wing media will spin this as none of his fault when it fucking is)

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
"Obama said wait for more intelligence. I'm a smarter, better president, so that's all the intelligence we needed. What channel is the raid on?"

All jokes aside, I wonder if this is this sort of thing that would have been covered in the daily intelligence briefings. That he felt were unnecessary.

I am pretty sure you are spot on with that quote. He probably also thought Obama was being a "pussy" about it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom