• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Got the last few perfects today. Tap Troupe (~7 attempts) and especially Remix 10 (~15 attempts) took the most tries. FUCK that transition to Bossa Nova. Great game overall (not quite as good as the DS game IMO) but I just wish they had fleshed out the two player a bit more. What was there was decent but they could have come up with some unique games rather than doubling up on the existing ones.

You people who can't do Monkey Watch and Tambourine make me cringe.
I haven't gotten Monkey Watch perfect yet but I had no trouble perfecting Tap Troupe. God, you're so inferior to me because you had trouble with a minigame which I found easy!

randomkid

Good lord, I need tips on Remix 10, how many times will it let you mess up before passing?

I feel like I make about a dozen mistakes over the course of the song in various spots (Tap Troupe part is the only hopeless constant that I will inevitably fail every time, probably accounts for like 4 or 5 mistakes minimum all by itself) but I just keep getting that Try Again message.

Like everyone keeps saying, really fascinating to see which ones give folks trouble. For me it was just Remix 7 and Remix 10, which just so happen to be the only ones you can't skip (wasn't even aware you could skip any until reading this thread). And guess what both these stupid songs share in common!

Effing Tap Troupe, I have no idea how I made it through the actual game itself. I barely passed the second time I played through sheer blind luck, then whenever I went back to keep practicing I couldn't even make it out of demo mode and I still can't.

All I wanna do at this point is beat Remix 10 for closure dammit. Just have no idea if I'm close or not.

I have 4 perfects left now. I'm pretty sure the game is cheating and saying that I'm missing on Monkey Watch and Samurai Slice 2 when I'm actually not.

GooeyHeat

Well, I've let my dad attempt this game. He's up to Remix 2. He hasn't skipped a game, but he only has a medal on Double Date. First up was Board Meeting, which he got through. Most of tonight, however, was devoted to Monkey Watch. I suppose the hardest part for someone who is not musically inclined is to figure out the timing on the purple monkeys. Then he got to Remix 2, and he realized that he forgot how to play Fork Lifter and Tambourine, so he's done for the night.

Me, on the other hand... one more perfect. ONE MORE. REMIX 10. I WILL DO IT!

Rarutos

I really need to go back and get all the perfects sometime... Whenever I see someone talking about this game, it just makes me want to play it again. <3

Roto13

Alright. I wasn't driven to keep learning new minigames with this one like I was with the other two Rhythm Heaven games and I stopped playing at the Cheer Readers level shortly after launch.

Gonna try it again right now. Click, damn you, I know you're a great game. I can tell. Make me love you, dammit.

EDIT: I would like to see MC Adore get gunned down.

zigg

Alright. I wasn't driven to keep learning new minigames with this one like I was with the other two Rhythm Heaven games and I stopped playing at the Cheer Readers level shortly after launch.
I had a similar feeling, but I can't figure out if the game is at fault or it's simply that it's the third entry in a mostly-unchanged series and I'm getting tired of it. I'm stalled at the shrimp game at the moment. It hasn't quite WarioWared itself, but I feel like it's running out of steam a bit.

Roto13

Remix 10 can't be won so I'm just calling it finished.

Too many of the games in this one aren't fun, ever, no matter what. The fishing game, Love Rap, and the shrimp come to mind. Even the hard games in previous Rhythm Heavens were fun once you got used to them. Like the moai in Gold.

I'm pretty sure Remix 10 automatically fails you if you fuck up the transition from Night Walk to Sorting Factory... I've had times where I did most of the song perfectly but messed up that one part and failed, and other times where I made tons of mistakes but didn't mess up that part and still passed.

GooeyHeat

ALL
PERFECTS!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now, some final thoughts: Love Rap's problem for me is that even when you do get it, it's not particularly catchy or fun. The only thing that got me through Shrimp Shuffle was the adorable voices. "Together! 1,2,3! 3,2! 1! Together! 1,2,3! A,B, C! All done!" Tap Troupe is probably the hardest to me, but it's so much fun to get it right, and is a great song. Other highlights included Screwbot Factory (Loved Fillbots on DS as well), Working Dough 1, Karate Man 1, both Samurai Slices (slicing giant demons + thunder = EPIC), and Remixes 2, 3, 4, and 9.
The worst thing about this game is definitely the endless games. I could never see myself coming back to any of them. Mr. Upbeat is boring as sin, the clock one has too much downtime, the cow-poke music ruins Munchy Monk (plus the monk should be doing the eating), and Lady Cupid is just meh. Endless Manzai looks fun, but America, so... The only fun GBA return is Tap Trial (unless credits Night Walk counts, and that thing doing the hopping is not nearly as awesome as the original).
Still, I will keep coming back to this just like I did on the DS one, just because of the good music and fun times. Here's to a future for this series!

Roto13

Man, Munchy Monk was so disappointing. I loved that game in Gold. Especially the second version with the ska music <3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly, I love a lot of the English versions of the game much more than the Japanese. I hate Rap regardless of either versions - it just is a horrible mini game.

Anyway hi guys! I just medal'd all, now to perfects! So far I got both boxers, most of the first column, wrestler, both packing pests, and first samurai slice in P!

ijed

Oh July 6th for EU (which I'm hoping also means Australia) plus original Japanese option?

Finally I can get excited about this again!

alright i TOTALLY forgot this game existed and now i realize it's not even OUT yet in the EU, so yeah in July it will be!

What is the GAF consensus on it so far? Worth getting? I enjoyed the DS one for a while back in the day but then got sidetracked...

goomba

Banned
It's the first game of the year that has compelled me to play. Keep thinking ill give a a level just one more go before bed, then fail and try again , rinse , repeat.

Already hyped for a Wii-U version!! Touching is good.

NEO0MJ

Just bought the game today, insane fun but now I've just reached Monkey Watch and it's killing me. Any tips?

Also, does anyone have any high res pictures of See-saw? Probably my fav right now and want to have it as a wallpaper.

You know guys, I thought war was the worst thing human beings could do to each other.

Then I played Monkey Watch. It's brutal murder. I'd ask for tips on how to get a better rank than just grazing the OK, but I'm pretty sure any advice boils down to 'your rhythm sucks, just do it better'.

Air Rally is fun, but also brutal murder for me. I'm so terrible at this game and yet it's still some of the most fun I've had this year.

Boss Doggie

The secret to Monkey Watch is to play it without looking at the screen. Just maintain a rhythm while you listen to the "ooki-uki-ki" sound for the two off-beats.

addyb

I'm embarrassed to say I cannot do monkey tambourine at all. I can't even do 1 practice set right. I keep getting the frog with the stars so nearly got it. Lmao. My wife blasted through it on her 1st go. Thing is I can do all the other games no problem so far. Did monkey watch on my 1st attempt. Im not attempting remix 2 until I can consistently do the tambourine. Ive no idea what I'm doing wrong. It feels like I'm nailing the rhythm but I'm obviously not. Grrr such a great game but hit a serious wall with what will be a very easy game for the majority. Like I said the wife picked up the Wiimote and handled it no problem. Ffs. Lol

Fabrik

Banned
Remix 10 can't be won so I'm just calling it finished.

Too many of the games in this one aren't fun, ever, no matter what. The fishing game, Love Rap, and the shrimp come to mind. Even the hard games in previous Rhythm Heavens were fun once you got used to them. Like the moai in Gold.

I exactly had the same experience! I'm stopping at Remix 10. I don't like the fishing game, Love Rap, Donk Donk, Baseball and the shrimps game either. Not fun at all. Maybe I don't need more of this franchise after Rhythm Paradise. All I know is I liked tapping more.

leroidys

I exactly had the same experience! I'm stopping at Remix 10. I don't like the fishing game, Love Rap, Donk Donk, Baseball and the shrimps game either. Not fun at all. Maybe I don't need more of this franchise after Rhythm Paradise. All I know is I liked tapping more.

Agreed. Maybe I was just more burnt out than I realized after two Rhythm Heaven's, but I really did not find this one very fun.

Boss Doggie

...wait, people couldn't finish Shrimp Shuffle? That's one of the easiest games here! Same with the fish.

The only segments I hate are Love Rap really, and even then it's knowing when to push A.

I love them much more than the Simon Says-fest of the DS game. I honestly thoroughly enjoyed the Wii game more than the DS because of that fact. The music pays off well to the rhythm unlike the original games.

Anth0ny

After about 2 hours of attempts, I've finished remix 10. holy fuck that was hard. "Just ok" it says. Just OK? I must have hit 90% of the "notes", at least. what the fuck does it take to get a medal on that one?

aaaaaaaaanyways... this game is incredible. I don't know why I waited so long to finish it. Thank god for this Wii U drought, I've been clearing the hell out of my backlog and having a great time with some of these games :)

I kinda wanna import the Japanese version and play it all again...

Is there any long term penalty for skipping a level with the cafe? I honestly just cannot get that Monkey Watch level, I've tried 15 times now :/ I have little sense of rhythm
why did I buy this
but I've managed to get a few superbs on the other levels.

The image you get when you fail Monkey Watch is hilarious though.

Boss Doggie

Is there any long term penalty for skipping a level with the cafe? I honestly just cannot get that Monkey Watch level, I've tried 15 times now :/ I have little sense of rhythm
why did I buy this
but I've managed to get a few superbs on the other levels.

The image you get when you fail Monkey Watch is hilarious though.

Nothing really, it's essentially clearing the game with "Okay".

Note that you only get a chance to do perfects on Medals.

Nothing really, it's essentially clearing the game with "Okay".

Note that you only get a chance to do perfects on Medals.

Thanks, I would have used it but I let my 9 year old cousin try and he got it on the first fucking go. I just don't understand, it seemed impossible :/

Got perfects on double date and fork game. The little stories you unlock are amusing.

Top Bottom