• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Codeblue

I'm done through Remix 7. Favorite so far is the See Saw Inspector game.

The lowlight was Shrimp Shuffle. It didn't take as long as Monkey Watch but once you got bounced it was tough to escape and got super aggravating.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Love Rap is so awful. So, so awful.

BTW, Does anybody else appreciate Flock Step as much as I do?

zigg

Love Rap is so awful. So, so awful.
How so? Figuring out the cues was challenging, but once I got it, it flowed really smoothly. It's easily the easiest in that column now.

If you mean it's musically awful... I could get on board with that. It doesn't do much for me in that respect.

BTW, Does anybody else appreciate Flock Step as much as I do?
It's great, but I have a hard time picking out the cues for rapid-fire squats.

Chairhome

Beat Remix 10 after maybe an hour of trying, haha. It just jumps all over the place so it was sometimes hard for me to get my bearings. My daughter loved watching me play the game though. I only have about 14 medals so I'll probably try to get more later. The only game that frustrated me was Shrimp Shuffle, but after about 15 minutes of the practice, I figured out the rhythm. This game was great though, hope to actually unlock more of the gifts!

Haunted

Monkey Watch was ez once I stopped trying to feel the rhythm and just stubbornly listened to the monkey's cues.

Still can't do Monkey Watch. This has to be what hell is like. If I screw up even once, I'm done, I lose the beat completely and can only get back in by fluke pretty much.
For some reason I can do the right side of the watch better than the left.

Spoke too soon, just beat it. lol
Oh god I hope I never have to do that again.

*Starts Remix 2*

God damn it.
The Monkey Watch segment in the Remix isn't that bad. But now I have to deal with my old nemesis Tambourine.

bryehn

I simply could not play this game at all, it was extremely frustrating. I'm normally quite good at rhythm games, including the first two games in this series. I also DJ and produce music using an MPC, so I'm quite comfortable with rhythm and time signatures, etc.

My Wii is hooked up to an older 4:3 "EDTV" that has a good chunk of lag and I couldn't get past the first game without wanting to smash my Wii remote into the TV because I'm "playing by ear". Ironically, I could hit the "fastballs" with ease, but the monkey lobs would go past me every time.

I simply can't believe that they wouldn't have a calibration option, waste of money for this kid. Thankfully GameStop has a trade 2/$50 offer for Mass Effect 3 or I'd be pissed.

Got half of the perfects down. Getting perfect in Monkey Watch seems hopeless though, I don't have trouble keeping the rhythm but it seems to be a lot more picky with the timing than in any of the other games, and I always end up missing a few.

TheOGB

Banned
Just bought this game today, goddamn every single Rhythm Heaven game is so extremely delightful

I'm up to Air Rally; I perfected Remix 1 and have a Superb medal on every level except Working Dough. Hole in One, Monkey Watch, Double Date and Remix 1 are my favorties so far.

hahaha just found another visual gag

5BnnT.png

TheOGB

Banned
Got through Remix 5 this morning, getting tricky now. For some reason my timing on Samurai Slice was always off, so I spent a good chunk of time getting that and Remix 4 down instead of moving forward.

Flipper-Flop, why do you hate me?

I'm sorry I have to do this, I haven't even actually played the game. But I see it on the front page and then it goes through my head and I just have to let you guys know.

Could you please get rid of that extra 'a' on 'Wubadubaduba'? It throws the whole thing off. Say it out loud, you'll see what I mean. It would mean so much to me. "Wubadubadub is that true?"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sorry I have to do this, I haven't even actually played the game. But I see it on the front page and then it goes through my head and I just have to let you guys know.

Could you please get rid of that extra 'a' on 'Wubadubaduba'? It throws the whole thing off. Say it out loud, you'll see what I mean. It would mean so much to me. "Wubadubadub is that true?"

There's no flow into the 'is' then. It just ends. It doesn't flow at all

GooeyHeat

Still stuck rotating between trying to perfect Remixes 7, 8, and 10. The issues:
Remix 7: Every now and then I'll waste a chance screwing up Shrimp Shuffle, otherwise it's Tap Troupe. God, those "Tap tap-tap!". The last one is inconsistent, depending on how long the "bam-bam-bam-bam" goes, and it always kills me.
Remix 8: General consistency. I can get every part, I just can't put it together.
Remix 10: Screw-ups can be anywhere from Donk-Donk to Figure Fighter to Tap Troupe to Night Walk (which I should practice more), plus it's just so fast.

Must... not... chuck... remote... through... screen...

plainr_

Ring Side and Air Rally are my absolute favorites. I couldn't stop laughing on the first couple tries.

Pa pom pom pom

zigg

you had probably heard it like a bazillion times before you played it hehehe
I didn't, actually!

It was fun to play 2P with my daughter though. She hadn't got quite that far yet, so that was the first time I saw the flub poses :lol

Shaffield

As far as I'm concerned, the entire $30 was worth it just for Cheer Readers and Hole in One.
The rest of this beautiful game is just more icing.

GOD I LOVE CHEER READERS

Is the soundtrack out yet? Is there any place I can buy it?

I'd like to buy it as well, the song during Night Walk is excellent.

zroid

Banned
Finally got back into playing this after a couple weeks. Goddamn I love this game. So much.

I just medal'd Love Rap, and it's easily one of my favourites. As awesome as it looked from the trailers, maybe moreso. From earlier posts here, I take it that everyone had trouble with the Fo' sho's, but if anything I think the Crazy into yous tripped me up the most. Still, it wasn't too bad, overall. The fishing game wasn't too bad either. I'd still say that Monkey Watch gave me by far the most trouble out of any game up till this point. And Remix 5, but that might just be because it's fresh in my memory.

The great thing about RHF is even those games which I'm awful at, and fail repeatedly, I can still adore. I'm not sure I can say that for any other video game I've played.

Eusis

I rented from GameFly, and ended up returning. I feel like this is a game I WANT to love, but don't have the right sense of rhythm to really enjoy. Or maybe there's some factor of input lag, or the pressure of being a rental that's blocking other games (I resubscribed mainly for Vita, not Wii games) draining my enjoyment, so I'll probably buy it sometime down the road anyway, especially since it sounds like a lot of people were stuck on the mini-game I was (Monkey Watch).

zroid

Banned
I rented from GameFly, and ended up returning. I feel like this is a game I WANT to love, but don't have the right sense of rhythm to really enjoy. Or maybe there's some factor of input lag, or the pressure of being a rental that's blocking other games (I resubscribed mainly for Vita, not Wii games) draining my enjoyment, so I'll probably buy it sometime down the road anyway, especially since it sounds like a lot of people were stuck on the mini-game I was (Monkey Watch).

You know you can skip games, right? Don't feel embarrassed or anything; it's better to just enjoy yourself than worry about shit like that. It doesn't really get any harder than Monkey Watch down the road. Mostly easier.

Eusis

You know you can skip games, right? Don't feel embarrassed or anything; it's better to just enjoy yourself than worry about shit like that. It doesn't really get any harder than Monkey Watch down the road. Mostly easier.
Oh, phew. Though I only kept getting stuck on the tutorial anyway, for all I know it could've been like the tambourine and just been so lenient that completely botching gets an "OK" anyway. Yeah, definitely picking it up later on, CHARM is enough for $30.

totowhoa

Banned

Haha, yeah monkey watch fucked me up. Took me like 10 minutes to beat the tutorial, then I just failed the main game a few times over. I shut the game off, came back the next day and got it my second try. The remix for that set of songs was really rough for me at first too (more monkey watch trouble again, plus I kept screwing up the tambourine part... in retrospect, I don't know why I was having much trouble with that). Definitely check it out again and skip the games you struggle with and go back to them later. You'll be able to get it later after you've played other games that are similar but a bit easier for you personally to accomplish.

Edit: watching the demo helped me out a lot. it took me a while to realize there was a demo in the practice mode also... didn't realize it until i'd spent forever on the practice for monkey watch.

totowhoa

Banned
I've got 10 perfects left to get now. Perfecting Remix 10 should be fun.

I probably have about 15 or 20 left. I was focusing pretty hard on medals as I went. Although I played the game on DS, I didn't own it, and I didn't know what to expect from the end game (I had no idea there were second versions of the main games or anything)... once I played Remix 10, I was like "whelp, that's that, I'm not going to be able to 100% this game" and have since moved on :p I'll probably go back and try to get some more perfects when I'm looking for a short burst of gaming, but I can't see myself EVER getting that.

zroid

Banned
Any tips for Monkey Watch? This just frustrates me to no end.

Hmm best advice I can give is to watch a video of it being done well, and attempt to learn the timing. I'm sure there are plenty of 'Perfect' vids on youtube. Alternatively, the RHF GiantBomb Quick Look has a *really* good demo of Monkey Watch. Nearly perfect, I think.

frostbyte

Hmm best advice I can give is to watch a video of it being done well, and attempt to learn the timing. I'm sure there are plenty of 'Perfect' vids on youtube. Alternatively, the RHF GiantBomb Quick Look has a *really* good demo of Monkey Watch. Nearly perfect, I think.

Thanks. I'll look at some videos. I just don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this and the Tambourine one as well. I have no trouble at all with all the others... Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Beats

Thanks. I'll look at some videos. I just don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this and the Tambourine one as well. I have no trouble at all with all the others... Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

The Monkey Watch one is destroying me also, but I didn't have trouble with the Tambourine. I just can't get the timing down consistently, and if I make a mistake it's hard to get back into it.

zroid

Banned
The Monkey Watch one is destroying me also, but I didn't have trouble with the Tambourine. I just can't get the timing down consistently, and if I make a mistake it's hard to get back into it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I screwed up, I found it's easier to let another one go rather than attempt to get right back into the groove immediately. Makes it much less tricky to catch the rhythm again.

clemenx

Banned
I skipped monkey watch to never play it again, sorry. Can' handle it :(

1st time I do this on Rhythm Heaven too. I skipped lockstep on the DS but one day I "got it" and even perfected it, heh.

Beats

I skipped monkey watch to never play it again, sorry. Can' handle it :(

1st time I do this on Rhythm Heaven too. I skipped lockstep on the DS but one day I "got it" and even perfected it, heh.

Wait...you can skip stuff? I want to try the other rhythm games, and maybe come back to Monkey Watch later. :\

clemenx

Banned
Wait...you can skip stuff? I want to try the other rhythm games, and maybe come back to Monkey Watch later. :\

Yeah. After you fail 3 times a minigame you can go and talk to the barista :p You can ask him to show you a demo of the game or he will skip it for you.

zigg

My nine-year-old daughter, who originally had trouble but is now a Monkey Watch goddess, is kind of amused that so many people are giving up on it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there ;-)

zroid

Banned
My nine-year-old daughter, who originally had trouble but is now a Monkey Watch goddess, is kind of amused that so many people are giving up on it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there ;-)

D:

'tis a cruel world we live in

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Got the last few perfects today. Tap Troupe (~7 attempts) and especially Remix 10 (~15 attempts) took the most tries. FUCK that transition to Bossa Nova. Great game overall (not quite as good as the DS game IMO) but I just wish they had fleshed out the two player a bit more. What was there was decent but they could have come up with some unique games rather than doubling up on the existing ones.

You people who can't do Monkey Watch and Tambourine make me cringe.

Top Bottom