• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

megalowho

Donk donk is great. I perfected it the first time :p

My favorite part of these is seeing how different people find different aspects hard.

Donk Donk reminds me of polyrhythm exercises from Music Theory class :p Trip-a-let, trip-a-let...

The only one I actively dislike is the Shrimp Shuffle. Song is forgettable, rhythm patterns feel - to borrow a word from above - unpleasant, and visuals are not that interesting.

Love Rap grew on me, it's one of my favorites now. Fo' sho!

Zomba13

Just saw the GB Quick Look. I need this. This is confirmed to be coming to the EU right?
I need this so bad.

Codeblue

Just saw the GB Quick Look. I need this. This is confirmed to be coming to the EU right?
I need this so bad.

Pretty sure it's getting a European release.

I just watched the quick look and I'm pretty amazed at how good Jeff is at the game. I don't think I'll ever get a medal on Monkey Watch.

Doorman

I made it through Monkey Watch, but I'm beginning to feel like my main issue with this game is the Wii Remote's A button, surprisingly enough. I wish I could better articulate what my issue is: it's either the "depth" or the button or just a symptom of me rarely using the control (meaning I'll eventually adjust). My thumb hurts. :/

I'm glad I'm not the only person feeling this way so far. There's something about the actual act of pressing the button that feels like there's a delay or something going on. That and it's a somewhat loud button, and the noise of you pressing it down and releasing it kind of throws me off sometimes. I've been feeling around the controller a bit and really wish that there was a way to move the main controls to the 1 and 2 buttons instead of A and B.

That aside, I love this series and this one has been fun so far, although for whatever reason Remix 2 refuses to give me credit for the second tambourine portion despite it sounding like I'm playing it right on-time with the background music and everything. It acts like I'm a half-beat off or something on every single note of it, which doesn't happen the first time around and it's really getting on my nerves.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Monkey Watch was simple for me. I, however, had the hardest time with Board Meeting or whatever.

I superb'ed both on my first try of each, but it too me a looong time to get the very first minigame right.

It's funny how everyone is challenged differently by this game.

praying for a button style 3ds version. i played this all the way up to the tap dancer type guys, then my controls seemed to start missing inputs. i love the game, but lack of control options aint working for me.

NFreak

So after playing Fever at a friends house for hours, I went back to play the DS version and perfected every single game. My god is it hard to perfect some of the stuff on the DS version with the touch controls. I can't wait to go through the same struggles next week when I pick up Rhythm Heaven Fever for myself. Thankfully I don't think I'll have as much trouble.

praying for a button style 3ds version. i played this all the way up to the tap dancer type guys, then my controls seemed to start missing inputs. i love the game, but lack of control options aint working for me.

All you do is press a and occasionally press a + b. How exactly could you want more control options?

Kyou

Does Monkey Clock want me to bleed? Does it want my blood? Will a blood sacrifice appease the Rhythm gods?!

Cbajd5

I really hope they release the GBA game on the e-Shop. THat would be awesome, whether they just released it as it was or did a 3D remake. They can even have a 2 player mode if they base it off of the arcade release.

Also because Space Dance.

Articalys

50/50 basic medals, hooray. I can already tell that some of these are going to be a real bitch to perfect. Basically, the more button presses and more complex patterns the game requires to clear, the more likely I will be to fling a Wiimote at the screen.

Also here's a great video using characters from the anime Nichijou for Remix 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbH_oxrMgo

zigg

You guys had me all worked up about Donk-Donk for nothing.

(I did take a half-dozen tries to medal Love Rap though.)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Does Monkey Clock want me to bleed? Does it want my blood? Will a blood sacrifice appease the Rhythm gods?!

Just keep time and anticipate the off beats with the purple monkeys. That's all there is to it. It's one of the easiest ones in the game.

I agree with people who find the A button slightly awkward sometimes. Perhaps I became too used to the glorious stylus controls but going back to buttons is strange, it doesn't feel as good as tapping and flicking the stylus.

GooeyHeat

3 more Perfects to go! Remixes 7, 8, and 10 are going to take forever. For all of my complaining about Donk-Donk, my hardest non-remix perfect was Tap Troupe. That one's just plain tricky. So fun, though. "Bam bam bam tap tap-tap! OKAY!"

Has anyone noticed anything odd when playing Remix 10 while playing the game from a USB hard drive? Because when I get to the sorting game at the end of the song my input keeps getting delayed for some reason, which usually causes me to fail the entire song, but now I tried loading the disc through Gecko instead and I was finally able to do the last part perfectly and got a superb.

Ushojax

I don't know what drugs you are on, but I want them.

I've Superb'd everything up to Remix 6 and the only one that caused me any trouble was Love Rap. Fuck those "Fo' Sho's".

I bet people having trouble weren't taught to play a musical instrument when they were a kid, to me all these kinds of rhythm games come very easily. If you can keep time and anticipate an off beat then the game is very straightforward, though still challenging.

Ushojax

Ok, screw Tambourines and screw Monkey Watches. I hate MONKEYS now. Screw all the monkeys.

The two easiest ones in the game.

Edgeworth-shrug.gif

TimeKillr

Has anyone noticed anything odd when playing Remix 10 while playing the game from a USB hard drive? Because when I get to the sorting game at the end of the song my input keeps getting delayed for some reason, which usually causes me to fail the entire song, but now I tried loading the disc through Gecko instead and I was finally able to do the last part perfectly and got a superb.

I get that with the Shrimps. I played my retail disc and I can nail the freaking hold at 100%, but if I'm playing off USB the very very last hit from that is *always* screwed up.

So.... Maybe some weird copy protection?

Mzo

It turns out I was worried for nothing, it doesn't seem that input lag is that big a deal with this game.

It might be because it's not 100% based off of visual cues like Rock Band or DDR, but I've had no problems at all playing through this.

Also it is AWESOME

I can't do Monkey Watch at all. It's impossible. I can't get the timing at all.
I spent like 15 minutes in practice, I couldn't do the second part. Giving it a break for now, maybe when I come back to it later that one will make sense.
Hopefully. lol

linko9

Just got all perfects! You unlock something very awesome. This game is amazing, there needs to be a new one every month.

Top Bottom