• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Day 2 ending vote counts

Looking back, I'd think that Zee might be the best bet to catch scum if we're sticking closely to Fat vs Zee. CCS, Bronx, and Kalor are all confirmed town on Zee, and the Zee bandwagon formed before the other two. The later swings to Fat and Kalor could have been scum trying to put up an alternative to Zee.

That being said, if Zee is town, than Fat looks more likely to be scum. Additionally, there's a decent chance that both are town and we waste two days monopolizing discussion on these two.

And as for Salva, the instant poke reaction that Dusk elicited certainly doesn't look good, but there is literally nothing else to lynch Salva on. Doesn't make much sense to lynch him IMO.

Kawl_USC

Day 2 ending vote counts

Looking back, I'd think that Zee might be the best bet to catch scum if we're sticking closely to Fat vs Zee. CCS, Bronx, and Kalor are all confirmed town on Zee, and the Zee bandwagon formed before the other two. The later swings to Fat and Kalor could have been scum trying to put up an alternative to Zee.

That being said, if Zee is town, than Fat looks more likely to be scum
. Additionally, there's a decent chance that both are town and we waste two days monopolizing discussion on these two.

And as for Salva, the instant poke reaction that Dusk elicited certainly doesn't look good, but there is literally nothing else to lynch Salva on. Doesn't make much sense to lynch him IMO.

How does this follow logically? Can you explain your thought process?

*Splinter

You seem very active on shutting down people who go against zeusy. You were on CCS in a hot minute and now you are on me as well.
I didn't criticise your vote (though I disagree with it), I criticised you hiding behind CCS.

So spare me this deflection.

Faddy

Banned
I didn't criticise your vote (though I disagree with it), I criticised you hiding behind CCS.

I did explain my vote.
> I town read fat
> scum will jump on fat for day 2 end
> I pick person who I find scummiest

If I don't mention CCS's vote I would get shit for secretly following onto a confirmed townie. I decided to be open and announce that the bandwagon is sitting there ready to go.

Kawl_USC

I did explain my vote.
> I town read fat
> scum will jump on fat for day 2 end
> I pick person who I find scummiest

If I don't mention CCS's vote I would get shit for secretly following onto a confirmed townie. I decided to be open and announce that the bandwagon is sitting there ready to go.
Yea but why

Kawl_USC

If both Zee and Kalor are town, then it seems more likely to me that Fat could be scum and that the Zee and Kalor wagons had more sticking power because scum were on those wagons.

So if we say fat is scum and the other two are down what votes look particularly suspicious?

I think Zeusy isn't a bad vote either. Zeusy hasn't provided like anything to work off of, just a lot of non-committal posts and following other's leads without much explanation. Only downside of his lynch would be not sorting out this Fat vs Zee vs Kalor mess, but if you're town reading Zee and Fat then Zeusy makes sense.

Kawl_USC

I think Zeusy isn't a bad vote either. Zeusy hasn't provided like anything to work off of, just a lot of non-committal posts and following other's leads without much explanation. Only downside of his lynch would be not sorting out this Fat vs Zee vs Kalor mess, but if you're town reading Zee and Fat then Zeusy makes sense.
If we lynch inside fat/zee and hit town the mess will still not be sorted out and people will want to lynch the other tomorrow leading us to waste 3 days on what amounts to a weak day 2 lynch pool. Fools gold.

*Splinter

If we lynch inside fat/zee and hit town the mess will still not be sorted out and people will want to lynch the other tomorrow leading us to waste 3 days on what amounts to a weak day 2 lynch pool. Fools gold.
Nah, Fat's lynch would give me enough info to work with. I'll vote zee iff I think he's scum.

*Splinter

A lot of the logic seems sound and the names match up with some of the town reads. That said I'm iffy on those who keep bringing me up without explicitly thinking I'm scum. Feels like a deflection to keep focus off of other stuff.
And who would you say is doing that?

So if we say fat is scum and the other two are down what votes look particularly suspicious?

I had to check the votes again. The only late switch to Zee came from Ouro, who had been voting Fat. Ouro is either clean or busing Fat unusually hard, so I'm inclined to say clean.

That pretty much leaves the late Kalor voters, including me:
Sorian 947
Faddy 953
Giant Panda 956
Fat4all 961
Swamped 965

I guess that begs the question of why Kalor over Zee if Zee is town and his bandwagon was already more established.

*Splinter

I had to check the votes again. The only late switch to Zee came from Ouro, who had been voting Fat. Ouro is either clean or busing Fat unusually hard, so I'm inclined to say clean.

Sorian 947
Faddy 953
Giant Panda 956
Fat4all 961
Swamped 965

I guess that begs the question of why Kalor over Zee if Zee is town and his bandwagon was already more established.
Either because zee is scum or because zee would reliably continue to be a distraction as long as he's alive. I think scum would prefer Kalor over Zee regardless of his alignment, which is why I'm more interested in Fat's flip.

Faddy

Banned

You were protecting him as far back as day 1

Same post that, I assume, caused you to vote for him.

I was waiting for a vote count to see if Zeemumu was still in the running. He kind of is but Zipped v Zeus is most likely.

Zeusy isn't even on the list what are you people doing.

*Splinter

So explain why you are town reading him, especially on day 1. It is a pattern and very much worth talking about.
He gives his opinions. He doesnt justify them and rightly gets shit for it, but I see that lack of justification as NAI. The list of people attacking him on D1 for it (which I cba to check) is long enough to almost certainly contain scum and doesn't feel like a good position for bussing.

His opinions themselves, as far as I can make out, seem honest and reasonable. For example Kalor was not a bad pick when Zeusy voted for him, it was the ensuing bandwagon that was suspicious.

acohrs

Don't like fat's apology and then silence, thought the apology would be the beginning of more contributions. Maybe I'm reading too much into it now though.

Kawl_USC

Either because zee is scum or because zee would reliably continue to be a distraction as long as he's alive. I think scum would prefer Kalor over Zee regardless of his alignment, which is why I'm more interested in Fat's flip.
I'm not sure I follow your logic here. GP got to the point I was looking for wrt to fat being the less likely scum looking at the voting patterns yesterday. I don't think your second point is very likely compared to your first. If scum is in trouble you don't put forth a third competing wagon when you have the first easy one staring you in the mouth.

Kawl_USC

Don't like fat's apology and then silence, thought the apology would be the beginning of more contributions. Maybe I'm reading too much into it now though.
He literally says he's going to sleep and will be back 6 hours before day end (i.e. Not for another hour)

Again, you actually reading this game?

CCS

Banned
I'm not against voting for Zee again if it comes down to another close situation and they're involved, but it was never the strongest of scum reads.

I'm also acutely conscious of the fact that I always townread Swamped which makes me a bit jittery.

Faddy

Banned
He gives his opinions. He doesnt justify them and rightly gets shit for it, but I see that lack of justification as NAI. The list of people attacking him on D1 for it (which I cba to check) is long enough to almost certainly contain scum and doesn't feel like a good position for bussing.

His opinions themselves, as far as I can make out, seem honest and reasonable. For example Kalor was not a bad pick when Zeusy voted for him, it was the ensuing bandwagon that was suspicious.

So he was playing kinda poorly on day 1 with unjustied and unexplained posts but you are giving him the big town read straight away. OK...

Let us not forget the other possible target on day 2 who was acohrs. He was HARD against zeusy, out-right hounding him in fact and again you stepped in to defend your pal zeusy. #720

It is interesting to see what doesn't get momentum. People are on fat because he failed to gather votes, but acohrs was sitting there as well and he didn't pick up any. Perhaps scum didn't want to put votes their because he was on the mark with zeusy and after he flipped town people would have taken him more seriously.

*Splinter

I'm not sure I follow your logic here. GP got to the point I was looking for wrt to fat being the less likely scum looking at the voting patterns yesterday. I don't think your second point is very likely compared to your first. If scum is in trouble you don't put forth a third competing wagon when you have the first easy one staring you in the mouth.
I was more considering the possibility where Fat is town, missed that you started that topic with a "fat is scum" hypothetical.

With scum on the line I agree with you, although it also depends how much danger scum felt they were in (and I'm getting an "arrogant scum" vibe from Sorian, which slightly muddies those particular waters).

*Splinter

So he was playing kinda poorly on day 1 with unjustied and unexplained posts but you are giving him the big town read straight away. OK...

Let us not forget the other possible target on day 2 who was acohrs. He was HARD against zeusy, out-right hounding him in fact and again you stepped in to defend your pal zeusy. #720

It is interesting to see what doesn't get momentum. People are on fat because he failed to gather votes, but acohrs was sitting there as well and he didn't pick up any. Perhaps scum didn't want to put votes their because he was on the mark with zeusy and after he flipped town people would have taken him more seriously.
Lol, I can see why you'd link that post instead of quoting it. I'm literally pointing acohrs to the answers he seeks and restating an earlier question.

acohrs

But Kawl is right, I'm being premature on fatdog.

Don't think I want to change my vote from Sorian yet, nothing that has been discussed so far has made me think there's a better lynch choice today.

zeemumu

Sorian 947
Faddy 953
Giant Panda 956
Fat4all 961
Swamped 965

Ouro already had a vote on me. He switched to joke vote someone else or some such nonsense and switched back when it started getting late

Kawl_USC

I was more considering the possibility where Fat is town, missed that you started that topic with a "fat is scum" hypothetical.

With scum on the line I agree with you, although it also depends how much danger scum felt they were in (and I'm getting an "arrogant scum" vibe from Sorian, which slightly muddies those particular waters).
So what do you put the odds at that at least one of zee and fat are scum?

acohrs

Lol, I can see why you'd link that post instead of quoting it. I'm literally pointing acohrs to the answers he seeks and restating an earlier question.

it often takes me a few times to see what's right in front of me, hence all the bruises.

Do you think you will keep your vote on Sorian for today?

Faddy

Banned

I'm not sure that was the most important part of my post, but you respond to the parts you want.

Also let's go the other way. Despite splinter being all over this game and being his cheerleader in chief, Zeusy has only mentioned splinter twice. Once on day one as a non-serious scum-read and a second time referencing that post.

Doesn't that imbalance seem a bit out of step. splinter is hanging his ass out defending zeusy at every turn and Zeusy doesn't even acknowledge him.

*Splinter

So what do you put the odds at that at least one of zee and fat are scum?
Uhh 7

...out of 12

I'm not sure that was the most important part of my post, but you respond to the parts you want.

Also let's go the other way. Despite splinter being all over this game and being his cheerleader in chief, Zeusy has only mentioned splinter twice. Once on day one as a non-serious scum-read and a second time referencing that post.

Doesn't that imbalance seem a bit out of step. splinter is hanging his ass out defending zeusy at every turn and Zeusy doesn't even acknowledge him.
I don't even know what you're getting at here. Why would my townread of Zeusy warrant a flurry of responses?

Ouro has townread me repeatedly and I try to pretend he's not even here.

Kawl_USC

Uhh 7

...out of 12

I don't even know what you're getting at here. Why would my townread of Zeusy warrant a flurry of responses?

I mean you can assign a confidence value on how strong you think the chance one of them is scum is. That can be used to influence whether fat or zee is your preferred lynch if we can only pick among the two.

The vote swings from the end of the day don't make sense to me with a scum!fat. I just don't buy Splinters position of keeping zee around as a distraction when it puts scum fat in a more precarious spot. Can someone make a case for why the vote movement does make sense for scum fat?

cabot

Can we get an updated vote count?

you know I got you, baby.

sorian (2)
*splinter 1009
acohrs 1018

swamped (2)
kawl_usc 1029
sorian 1083

fat4all (4)
ccs 1038 (1152)
ourobolus 1050
the wizard 1062
zeusy 1109
nomadic sparks 1112

salvapot (2)
dusk soldier 1107
salvapot 1111

zeusy (2)
ccs 1152
faddy 1196

DAY 3 ENDS:
gre_1507068000.png

I mean you can assign a confidence value on how strong you think the chance one of them is scum is. That can be used to influence whether fat or zee is your preferred lynch if we can only pick among the two.

The vote swings from the end of the day don't make sense to me with a scum!fat. I just don't buy Splinters position of keeping zee around as a distraction when it puts scum fat in a more precarious spot. Can someone make a case for why the vote movement does make sense for scum fat?

So wouldn't a similar argument apply to Zee being scum too? Why start a Kalor bandwagon when the Fat bandwagon was already there. The only wrinkle would be if both Fat and Zee are scum, which is why a 3rd wagon was needed.

Faddy

Banned
Uhh 7

...out of 12

Sure you don't know. To spell it out I am saying looking at your and zeusy's posts they read exactly like how an experienced and inexperienced player would interact together as scum.

You trying to shepherd and protect him and zeusy being far too wary to even really acknowledge you in the thread.

Top Bottom