• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick Perry, who wanted to eliminate the Department of Energy, is now its secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luschient

giphy.gif

Jeffrey

January is gonna be fun when the senate grills him. Can't wait for the leaks.

Anyways hopefully he can be converted on the cause. Thank god for human psychology. If you are the only guy in a building of thousands of folks that believe the opposite of you, hopefully your opinion can be changed.

Or option 2 is to bully the shit outta him, aka the old shit on the boss's desk trick.

Amory

This is gonna be a really weird 4 years.

Hopefully it's just gridlock because no one knows what the fuck they're doing when they go to work everyday.

Like when George Costanza got that job working on the Penske file, and he just sat in his office all day doing nothing

george-sleeping-penske-file-the-barber-seinfeld.jpg

just crazy, can't imagine what the people at the DOE are thinking right now

We have a person on the inside in this very thread!

For reference:

I'm currently at the DOE and people are talking about the end of the world lol. At this point all I can do is laugh as the world burns. Secretary Moniz is awesome; from him to Peryy, hahahha.

At the DOE........I mean maybe 5 out of thousands of people. There is a rule that you're not really supposed to talk politics here, but that has completely gone out the window.

This is the first time.

Dr. Moniz is awesome; he's always the smartest man in the room, and has a great sense of humor.

Tl;dr, they're well aware they're likely to go from a highly qualified professional to an idiot who does not care for what they do

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
He was Texas governor. Texas is big into oil and gas.

So this is a perfectly logical and reasonable pick for someone who play a role in an administration that will deregulate oil and gas companies.

EgAofGR.png

FUCK DICK PERRY HE'S A PIECE OF SHIT

He and his group of morons don't care about anyone that's why Texas has been so ass-backwards instead of the financial powerhouse it should've been.

Delt31

I have been very supportive of Trumps picks as I love injecting proven business folks who have no money incentive to do harm HOWEVER this is a terrible pick. Rick perry is borderline incompetent. Well I guess you can't have it all.

Looking back at Bush Jr's picks for DOE secretary (they also appear to have been people with zero or negative qualification for the position) this doesn't seem actively terrible in that regard

I have been very supportive of Trumps picks as I love injecting proven business folks who have no money incentive to do harm HOWEVER this is a terrible pick. Rick perry is borderline incompetent. Well I guess you can't have it all.

THIS is the pick that you don't like out of all the other ones?

Jeffrey

I mean it could have been worse... better an idiot than someone smart out against you.

I assume DOE wouldn't budge too much in the next 4-8 years, as with most federal organizations.

btrboyev

Looking back at Bush Jr's picks for DOE secretary (they also appear to have been people with zero or negative qualification for the position) this doesn't seem actively terrible in that regard

lol come on. Do you remember the bush years? Do you remember how expensive Gasoline was?

Are you being sarcastic?

JP_

Banned
...business folks would be MORE likely to have moneyed incentive to do harm

Maxim726X

From a nuclear physicist to a cotton farmer.

So I have a friend who works in the Department of Energy- He said that whenever a scientist is put in power, they flourish.

Whenever a politician is put in power (because they know fuck all), they flounder badly.

What a cabinet. Cavalcade of fucking idiots and CEOs.

These must be harrowing times for satirists when they are being so thoroughly outdone by real life.

So far the picks are either: a) the ultra-Establishment; b) the CEOs who will surely not be beholden to any shady corporate interests in any way (*cough* Exxon Mobil CEO and his buddy ties with Putin); and c) utterly unqualified simpletons. Now, these are not all mutually exclusive of course. You can be a), b) AND c) all at the same time if you wish.

Look at this swamp. It's been drained so much that it's now an arid wasteland!

hawk2025

Oh my luggage, this is precious.

DedValve

Banned
Can anyone name me literally one good thing about trump?

Hell name me something at least not terrible from that fuckboi and his cabinet of fuckbois and his supporters of fuckbois.

Jesus Christ.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

So all our leaders should be wealthy people because they're all honest folk who have worked all their lives to help others and would never do anything to screw over the little guy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sure what Trump is doing here, it's either:
1. He wants to see how far he can go before people personally try to storm the White House to remove him from office.
2. He wants to see how many different parts of the government he can blow up all at once and turn it into a reality show.
3. He's trying to get into the pants of some young hot intern that keeps bringing him the worst possible choices and goes along with them in hopes it'll get him anywhere.
4. He's intentionally filling the swamp so he can drain it by simply blowing up the government from within.

That's all I got.

So all our leaders should be wealthy people because they're all honest folk who have worked all their lives to help others and would never do anything to screw over the little guy.

Yes, there are people who seriously believe that the solution to government corruption by big business is to simply cut out the middleman and give big business direct control.

SilentRob

Because, as we all know: Rich businessmen don't care about money at all! That's why the financial and housing system will never collapse, since all the people making the important decisions are already billion-ohwait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom