• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIDGE RACER 3D |OT| You've entered the slipstream! Go Go Go!

beje said:
Ugh, you know rubberbanding AI has gone horribly wrong when the only way of winning some races in the Advaced GP is picking the slowest unmodded car you have available and not using a single Nitro during the whole race so the AI doesn't go "trolololol I'll just go faster". It took me hours of trying even with the special cars you unlock in the Expert GP (which can go up to 420Km/h on Nitro) to notice.

By the way, I only have Events 47 and 48 left to get 100%.

Yeah I also realized that experimenting with different cars (slower ones) is the only way to win some races. I haven't picked up this game again since I got Zelda :( I want to 100% it.

fernoca

Well, lame bump but..

Wal-Mart.com has this for $16.96.

Don't know if it's permanent or just started or ends soon.
After taxes and the cheapest shipping option it comes to around $20; which is still a good price since it the regular price varies from $30 to $40.

Says that "price may vary in stores" but around here no stores had it; so couldn't check if stores had it at the same price. It's also eligible for store-pick up.

EDIT:
Seems they're out of stock even when their site says "in stock".

This bump reminded me that I haven't played this game in ages, in fact I haven't seen any of my launch game carts in a while and couldn't find them last time I looked around the house for them :(

beje said:
Ugh, you know rubberbanding AI has gone horribly wrong when the only way of winning some races in the Advaced GP is picking the slowest unmodded car you have available and not using a single Nitro during the whole race so the AI doesn't go "trolololol I'll just go faster". It took me hours of trying even with the special cars you unlock in the Expert GP (which can go up to 420Km/h on Nitro) to notice.

By the way, I only have Events 47 and 48 left to get 100%.
That is one of the worst flaws an arcade racer can have IMO. It saddens me to see Namco let this franchise fall apart. :/

Sorry for the bump.

I picked this up yesterday from walmart.com using site to store. $18 after taxes.

Rubber band AI aside, I love it. I hate supposed realism in games. I love doing 2-3 360s around corners while using flex nitro and passing other cars.

No online is a little bit of a downer, but I'm still having a lot of fun. I know a few people with 3ds, does this support download play, or do we need multiple copies of the game?

gkryhewy

Trying to bring this to 100%, and I'm having a weird glitch with Race 1 of Event 38 and Race 2 of Event 40 in the expert grand prix. As soon as I cross the finish line after the first lap, my car stops as if I've hit the brake, and I'm dumped back into the race menu. Event 39 was fine. I'm assuming this is an oddball glitch of some sort. Any suggestions?

EDIT: neeeeevermind. "last racer in every lap disqualified." Okay :)

Top Bottom