• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

Pimpbaa

The IQ is mediocre with minor tearing and very little AA.

What hell are you talking about? There is plenty of AA. Polygonal edges show little sign of aliasing. There is some definite aliasing within textures, but AA solutions rarely target those.

Edit: I take back what I said. The AA seems oddly selective.

I so wanted to play this on launch day but I guess I'll have to wait til Friday.

Also, does anyone know if the comics ties directly to Rise or if the gane acknowledges the events from there, I haven't read it but I might give it a shot.

Vinland

Banned
Odd. For me the PS4 is a POS when it comes to downloading games/patches. I took down TR in 1 hr 20 min. It takes my PS4 4x as long to do around the same 20gb. Don't understand how with both being wired that my PS4 just is a slug when it comes to DL. My PC which is also wired, flies just like the Xbox One.

Charter Internet 60mb dl and my PS4 is way faster than my xbone. tomb raider de on xbone took like 10 hours to dl man when it was free. It is probably Content delivery networks that are regional to our ISPs causing these variations not the online services themselves.

Game looks and plays amazing. I am really glad that I didn't wait to get the PC version. They did a wonderful job on this one. If you are on the fence, get off and go get it. It's pretty damn good. I'll be playing this instead of Fallout tonight.

x-Lundz-x

Charter Internet 60mb dl and my PS4 is way faster than my xbone. tomb raider de on xbone took like 10 hours to dl man when it was free. It is probably Content delivery networks that are regional to our ISPs causing these variations not the online services themselves.

300 meg internet here.
XB1 tests at about 250
PS4 tests at 60

My buddy in different state with gigabit.
XB1 tests at about 800
PS4 tests at 60

This is a common theme, the ps4 has great hardware with terrible network capabilities. However games install slow as dirt on XB1 so it's hard to tell sometimes lol.

RyudBoy

Been playing for like 4 hours straight and only have 18% completed so far. Been trying to collect everything but realized that I need to upgrade gear in order to obtain some of the items lol.

9 pages?

Where's the motherfuckin

HYYYYPE??!!!!

MAN tomorrow can't come soon enough.

All the hype is reserved for next year.

Elixist

got my copy at the midnight launch at best buy, i was the black sheep i think i was the only one getting sexy lara and not getting fallout 4 lol.

im excite

Cp62j1q.gif

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

50MB DL here and my Xbox One DLs at about 42MB. It TEARS through downloads. My PS4 is at about 5-6MB, which is OK, but obviously not even close. Part of the reason I've been on Xbox a ton lately as opposed to PS4. Network and DL speeds are just that much better.

statham

Game looks and plays amazing. I am really glad that I didn't wait to get the PC version. They did a wonderful job on this one. If you are on the fence, get off and go get it. It's pretty damn good. I'll be playing this instead of Fallout tonight.
but I have long hours until Wednesday. don't nobody play until I get caught up.

Yeah I'll probably finish this game 25-30 something hours gonna take my time and enjoy the environment, lore and atmosphere just like the last one. This is my shit.

dreamfall

Going to pick up my copy tomorrow! So freakin' excited! Replaying the old game one last time before diving in. I'm excited- all these impressions sound great!

Just want to take my time and explore everything!

So I'm stupid. How do you take a screenshot without going back to the main menu?

I'm pressing the home button twice but that's also causing the game to pause.

Sorry new to Xbox stuff.

but I have long hours until Wednesday. don't nobody play until I get caught up.
Dude, the game is brilliant. I have Fallout on PC and I'm putting that baby on the back burner for this one. I express PC because I am a hardcore PC gamer and I rarely put a PC game down for a console game. I pulled Fallout out of my veins and stuck TR in...
NoRagrets.jpg

IbukiLordSA

So does anyone know if this is real yet or not?

old_school_pack.png

If it is fake them damn the person that created it. Thought I would be playing this today since I pre-ordered the game on Live and it said release date was 10/11/2015 looked yesterday and it changed to 13/11/2015 FML!

leng jai

The overall aesthetic and graphics are indeed great. The IQ is spotty so the inevitable PC version will probably be insane.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just got to the first camp, the game is gorgeous and is very similar to the last game which is a good thing for me as I loved that one.

dreamfall

So does anything no if this is real yet or not?

old_school_pack.png

If it is fake them damn the person that created it. Thought I would be playing this today since I pre-ordered the game on Live and it said release date was 10/11/2015 looked yesterday and it changed to 13/11/2015 FML!

Goodness, I hope that's true! What are the outfits like this go around? I loved the Demolition and Guerrilla skins in the reboot!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

old_school_pack.png

To those who have the game right now, does it have dual wielding like the end of TR 2013 ?

old_school_pack.png

This looks really fake, there's something off about the whole character picture there.

Top Bottom