• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question -

Is there an option to turn off the controller vibration? Thanks.

webkatt

So does anyone know if this is real yet or not?

old_school_pack.png

If it is fake them damn the person that created it. Thought I would be playing this today since I pre-ordered the game on Live and it said release date was 10/11/2015 looked yesterday and it changed to 13/11/2015 FML!

Fake as fuck. Its is literally in engrish and there are typos.

1. The are outfits in the game, not costumes
2. "and a letter that will be more accurate when shooting"
3. "High precission card"
4. random capitalization of key words such as "Tomb Raiding"

C4Lukins

Not sure where to put this, but among my friends playing on Xbox One

Fallout-23
Tomb Raider-9
Halo 5-14
COD-8
Destiny-5
Forza-4
AC-2
Fifa-3

Not really relevant to anything in particular, but that is what my friends list is currently playing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
9 pages?

Where's the motherfuckin

HYYYYPE??!!!!

MAN tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Well the OP decided to go with some sort of bullshit fanboy console wars statement to start the whole thing off and the first 3 pages were filled with people talking about how they're going to get it next year or congratulating the OP on the original title of the thread.

Sorry for waiting a bit for the console war bullshit to die down so I could talk about the actual game.

Not sure where to put this, but among my friends playing on Xbox One

Fallout-23
Tomb Raider-9
Halo 5-14
COD-8
Destiny-5
Forza-4
AC-2
Fifa-3

Not really relevant to anything in particular, but that is what my friends list is currently playing.
We really dont have threads about this stuff.. so no, no where to put it. Did you post this in the fallout thread too?

jond76

Banned
Just got through meeting Mr Bear. So far I'm loving it. Gotta force myself to stop so I can sleep. Really great looking game. Already took some screenshots to use as wallpaper.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
The game is great, I definitely couldn't wait till the pc release next year. Happy with my format choice as it looks amazing.

dex3108

9 pages?

Where's the motherfuckin

HYYYYPE??!!!!

MAN tomorrow can't come soon enough.

As I said MS bought exclusivity and then spent more money on office supplies for this month then on RotTR marketing. Square Enix is not publisher so they couldn't promote it.

Iced Arcade

So does anyone know if this is real yet or not?

old_school_pack.png

If it is fake them damn the person that created it. Thought I would be playing this today since I pre-ordered the game on Live and it said release date was 10/11/2015 looked yesterday and it changed to 13/11/2015 FML!
Yeah definitely fake... that's not even the same character model's face lol

Really enjoyed the first one, and will surly play it when it comes to my PS4. Regardless I couldn't play it at the moment because I'm already splitting my time way too much with Fallout 4, Black Ops 3 Zombies and GTAO.

MaulerX

I was really on the fence between this and Fallout 4. But after reading all the crap about Fallout 4 I think that could wait. Just bought this using the Smartglass app and should be ready to go by the time I finish work in the morning.

Played it for a couple hours and streamed it on Twitch.

Absolutely love what I've played so far. Makes me wonder why I didn't finish the first one. xD

Flintty

Well the OP decided to go with some sort of bullshit fanboy console wars statement to start the whole thing off and the first 3 pages were filled with people talking about how they're going to get it next year or congratulating the OP on the original title of the thread.

Sorry for waiting a bit for the console war bullshit to die down so I could talk about the actual game.

Yup, and a half-arsed effort for a game they're enot even getting. OT deserves a reboot.

daffy

Banned
This game is absolutely beautiful and the challenge tombs are much more involved than they were in the reboot. Just finished the Cistern Tomb. Its like the reboot but they've just upped the ante on everything. I'm glad I bought an Xbox One for this. One thing I don't like is the constant hint notifications that don't seem to disappear despite me having survival instincts off.

Tomeru

Lara's in-game model is one of THE best I've seen, if not the best one. I've only been through the tutorial, but it was fun. I like it, and I love her character. Can't wait to keep going.

Graphics are great btw.

Jumeira

Banned
So excited to play this. Theres isn't genre I love more then 3rd person adventures, this seems to be one of the best. Only a couple of hours left :)

Doubt anyone really does. I'm surprised that this is gonna be the OT. Glad I'm not a developer that pays attention to forums.

Agreed, if anyone from CD is looking in, then congrats on knocking it out the park with this game! Now how about letting me play it now rather than having to wait until Friday :)

Impulsor

Agreed, if anyone from CD is looking in, then congrats on knocking it out the park with this game! Now how about letting me play it now rather than having to wait until Friday :)

+1, They absolutely knocked it out of the park IMO.

This game made me lose interest in Black Ops 3, Halo 5 and Fallout 4 (till it's optimized, dammit)

orborborb

I still hate the UI, skill trees, audio logs, gunplay, and glowing objective markers (those can at least be turned off), but the rest of the game is good enough that I'm really enjoying myself this time.

I enjoyed the hunting, gathering, sneaking, climbing and occasional puzzle from the last game, but the overall experience, the way the various elements bumped into each other and the storytelling and level design, just felt incoherent and annoying to me (at least in the 5 or so hours I played before giving up).

This game technically still has most of those things I found annoying, but it also has vastly better level design, art direction, pacing, and storytelling. The whole game just makes so much more sense now. The first few hours introduce the same concepts as the last game, but it does the job so much better this time that I envy those who never played the last one.

Flipside

I am still doubting between getting the regular version and the CE from the Square Enix store. I don't know if I can justify the extra 75 euro for the statue. Definitely looking forward to playing this game.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
Tempted in buying this along with Definitive Edition...

I only have black ops 3 at the moment and im looking for another game. Fallout seems cool, but it's VERY time consuming by the looks of it.

I always liked TR and played the last one on ps3. Does this game take place before or after TR2012?

RubenCordeiro

Neo Member
Tempted in buying this along with Definitive Edition...

I only have black ops 3 at the moment and im looking for another game. Fallout seems cool, but it's VERY time consuming by the looks of it.

I always liked TR and played the last one on ps3. Does this game take place before or after TR2012?

It takes place after TR2012. (actually, I believe the game came out in 2013 :p)

Is anyone playing the 360 version? Tempted to get that rather than wait for PC/PS4 if it holds up

That's what I'd like to know, but everything I've heard about the 360 version so far make it seem like an excellent port. Completely playable till I get the PS4 version.

As I said MS bought exclusivity and then spent more money on office supplies for this month then on RotTR marketing. Square Enix is not publisher so they couldn't promote it.
I think something changed. On the XBL store, Square Enix are listed as the publisher, with Crystal as the developer.

But yeah, lack of marketing is bizarre. Why bother locking it down only to let it flounder?
She's still modelled after Camilla Luddington, right?
I don't think she's really modelled after anyone anymore.

Harlequin

I think something changed. On the XBL store, Square Enix are listed as the publisher, with Crystal as the developer.

But yeah, lack of marketing is bizarre. Why bother locking it down only to let it flounder?

I don't think she's really modelled after anyone anymore.

Yeah, there were rumours that Microsoft and Square got into a bit of a fight behind the scenes over low pre-order numbers and that sounds kind of plausible, as I can't imagine that the original partnership was envisioned to play out this way by either side. Certainly, something must've happened to prompt Square to talk about the PC and PS4 versions so early on and to keep Microsoft from putting more marketing dollars behind the game. I suppose it's also possible that it had to do with Uncharted 4 getting delayed to next year. Who knows?

They did scan several models' bodies and faces as references IIRC but none of them were Camilla and the final 3D model's face wasn't explicitly modelled after anyone.

I was trying to be funny (and I have a rather cynical band of humour) and when I previously asked for help with the title in another thread, nobody replied. In retrospect I should've anticipated that some people on here aren't mature enough to just have a laugh about it and move on and I am sorry for that error in judgement, but really, this is just as much the fault of the people who made stupid comments about the original title as it is mine.

Yeah, there were rumours that Microsoft and Square got into a bit of a fight behind the scenes over low pre-order numbers and that sounds kind of plausible, as I can't imagine that the original partnership was envisioned to play out this way by either side. Certainly, something must've happened to prompt Square to talk about the PC and PS4 versions so early on and to keep Microsoft from putting more marketing dollars behind the game.
Interesting, I could see that. Always seemed weird that nobody would say exactly what the exclusivity was until recently and then it all tumbled out at once.

Montresor

Why are you defending your OT title exactly? The entire first few pages are unsalvageable because of the original title. Heck the new title will probably get people asking "what was the original title" for a few more days.

You fucked up, plain and simple. Please don't misunderstand me as I strongly believe any kind of discussion should be permissible in the OT: negative comments, positive comments, etc... But instead of people talking about the game, people are commenting on the title, on the yearlong delay, etc... almost exclusively.

You invited shitpost after shitpost (and even I shitposted too) - whether the audience is mature enough to handle it or not does not absolve you of the dumb decision.

dex3108

If that is true i wonder will they push for early than planned release on PC/PS4 if numbers are low.

They locked it as exclusive and that was enough for them. No PS4 version on day 1 = good for MS. I am really sorry for Crystal Dynamics.

Flintty

Why are you defending your OT title exactly? The entire first few pages are unsalvageable because of the original title. Heck the new title will probably get people asking "what was the original title" for a few more days.

You fucked up, plain and simple. Please don't misunderstand me as I strongly believe any kind of discussion should be permissible in the OT: negative comments, positive comments, etc... But instead of people talking about the game, people are commenting on the title, on the yearlong delay, etc... almost exclusively.

You invited shitpost after shitpost (and even I shitposted too) - whether the audience is mature enough to handle it or not does not absolve you of the dumb decision.

Damn.

32bbe60e8f6fd4881d7e3428dce77fac6b8e0307_hq.gif

Zeta Oni

I was trying to be funny (and I have a rather cynical band of humour) and when I previously asked for help with the title in another thread, nobody replied. In retrospect I should've anticipated that some people on here aren't mature enough to just have a laugh about it and move on and I am sorry for that error in judgement, but really, this is just as much the fault of the people who made stupid comments about the original title as it is mine.

I also enjoy being cynical as well, which is why the fact I've had an account on this website for all of 2 months now and saw what was gonna happen with that title as soon as it was posted makes it really hard to believe that. A huge part of humor is knowing your audience, and I fail to see how someone who has been here for 3 years apparently doesn't know this audience by now. Could see the Kaz Hirai twitter pics coming from a mile away.

Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't deserve this reaction, at all.

Bought last night, got through the opening (or however long it let's you play while its still installing) and it's good so far. Can't wait to get home and really put it some time with it.

drotahorror

A cave that I came across was really expansive. You could easily pass up the big treasure inside of it due to a few branching pathways and change of environment and everything inside that 1 cave. I hope more caves are just as interesting.

Top Bottom