• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

JayB1920

Are there only 9 tombs like the last one?

There were 7 (8 if you count the DLC) in the last one. This game has 10 challenge tombs (9 are optional and one is forced in the main path and they are much better this time). The game also has several optional caves and crypts to explore but there are no puzzles. The main story has 3 large tomb areas.

Megatron

I have two extra sparrowhawk dlc codes.
Does anyone want to trade one of the other pre order bonuses for a sparrowhawk?

arhra

I completely mixed up what day it was and thought I'd be able to play tonight. Nope. Still gotta wait until tomorrow.

On the upside, I finally finished up the first game and got that out of the way.

Two questions....

Will there be cool outfits later in the game,so far it's the red winter jacket and the black leather jacket. Surely you unlock them in the game?

As for the swimming, i like it, but will i be able to truly just swim underwater later on and for longer periods?

golem

Two questions....

Will there be cool outfits later in the game,so far it's the red winter jacket and the black leather jacket. Surely you unlock them in the game?

As for the swimming, i like it, but will i be able to truly just swim underwater later on and for longer periods?

Yes you get several more outfits. Theres a video on IGN if you want to see them. Havent encountered deeper swimming yet, maybe Lara doesnt like the water?

psychotron

Played two hours tonight. Absolutely gorgeous and already more fun than the last game. Stealth feels great too. I do agree with DF about the odd graphical issues, but the overall package is jaw dropping. The only thing bothering me is the input lag. It doesn't hamper jumping much, but aiming feels heavy in a very uncomfortable way. The game is still very playable but would feel so much better with reduced latency.

Yes you will. There is a re-breather that you unlock through the story that allows you to stay underwater indefinitely.

Oh that's nice, but does that mean i can dive further down and truly explore underwater or is it like in Syria's tomb? (i am not far yet)

Lima

Oh that's nice, but does that mean i can dive further down and truly explore underwater or is it like in Syria's tomb? (i am not far yet)

Not really. There is nothing to explore underwater to speak of. You can't collect stuff or anything. It is just needed to gain access to tombs and caves.

The beginning of this game is incredible. The diversity in environments/locales reminds me a bit of Evil Within
Screenshot-Original.png

Looks good but seriously what the hell did they do to her face.

Lima

Have you seen what they did to Jonah? They turned him from a darker skinned Hawaiin dude with a Mohawk into a straight up black dude with a light fro. Shit is ridiculous.

Have so far 5 hours in this game, loving it alot and it looks fucking nuts. 3 pics from the first hour, won't take anymore since spoilers and shit but things get way better when you upgrade and the game opens up more.

Can't wait to see what it looks like on PC.

Grisby

Just spent about an hour and a half dicking around in the first hub or so area. Only fought like 3 guys lol. Did the first optional tomb as well. Easy peasey, but a hell of a lot more involved than 2013's 'tombs'.

Damn, this is a good game so far.

malfcn

Anyone else looking for a pose and shifting the camera around to get cool views and see finer details? Got Lara in a corner and she started making faces and looking around due to a point of interest.

hawk2025

2013 had only one even remotely involving tomb, and every single one in the sequel is better than that.

They did a good job on fleshing these out.

There were 7 (8 if you count the DLC) in the last one. This game has 10 challenge tombs (9 are optional and one is forced in the main path and they are much better this time). The game also has several optional caves and crypts to explore but there are no puzzles. The main story has 3 large tomb areas.

Thanks man

Lima

2013 had only one even remotely involving tomb, and every single one in the sequel is better than that.

They did a good job on fleshing these out.

Not good enough considering they are optional though. Make some longer and harder puzzles if they are optional. Therein also lies the problem I think. There is limited time and budget you can spend on stuff that is optional and some players might not even see.

Make them part of the main story again and flesh them out even further with clever puzzles. Then we can talk.

RyudBoy

Just started playing and holy shot the graphics are amazing.

Seriously can't tell if these cutscenes are in game or pre recorded.

I also thought some of the cutscenes were CG. >.>

The game really does look awesome. Wait until you get to Geothermal Valley. I still haven't moved on from that area since arriving there yesterday.

Lima

It's really easy to see if there is a cutscene cause it is kinda blurry. Transitions from many cutscenes are smooth and you notice when it goes back to Gameplay because the picture becomes sharp from the switch to 1080p.

Somnia

This exact same sequence just happened to me.

I walked into the Cathedral and walked around it more than you did. I didn't see where to go so I pushed the right thumbstick and went where it highlighted. I also fell to my death there after being confused by the glitched view and not realizing that's where I came in from. After that I got the cutscene and keep getting stuck like you did.

Screenshot looking out at the glitched world (no spoilers).
http://i.imgur.com/NJhlGSH.jpg
Screenshot of being stuck hanging (no spoilers).
http://i.imgur.com/ucCgpJC.jpg

I bought an xbox for this too...

You should goto the Square forums and report it also.

They acknowledged and apologized to me, said they are escalating this to be worked on.

I'll probably restart soon because it's THAT good, but need a couple days to cool down from it.

Lima

You should goto the Square forums and report it also.

They acknowledged and apologized to me, said they are escalating this to be worked on.

I'll probably restart soon because it's THAT good, but need a couple days to cool down from it.

Hav e you guys tried out the backup save? Press RT and LT at the same time when loading a save and it should display a backup save from a while ago. Maybe that helps if it is before the glitch?

Somnia

Hav e you guys tried out the backup save? Press RT and LT at the same time when loading a save and it should display a backup save from a while ago. Maybe that helps if it is before the glitch?

Yes I've tried. It does take me back a few minutes before hand. In fact my video is the back up :)

Sadly it's glitched no matter what for me.

I also thought some of the cutscenes were CG. >.>

The game really does look awesome. Wait until you get to Geothermal Valley. I still haven't moved on from that area since arriving there yesterday.
The amount of detail put into the environment is amazing. I spent the last hour just wandering around looking at everything in the first mission.

I also have to give a shoutout to the Lara's character. No more quickime fights those seem to be in cutscenes like they should be. And Lara is no longer breathing and whining into my ear every 3 seconds. It's such a great change compared to early today when I played through the first game again.

anyone having a problem booting the game? I am just getting a black screen. Tried reinstalling and restarting the Xbox one. Other games are working and never had this problem before.

ghibli99

This is so good! Only played the first couple hours (11% complete), and it's just everything I could have hoped for in a sequel. Some of the story stuff is uneven/overdone, but whatever. It plays, sounds, and looks great!

newsguy

It's really easy to see if there is a cutscene cause it is kinda blurry. Transitions from many cutscenes are smooth and you notice when it goes back to Gameplay because the picture becomes sharp from the switch to 1080p.

So my Xbox is in my home theater. It's a 106" screen. The transition from cutscene to gameplay is jarring at that size. The first scene where they're climbing the mountain I freaked out a bit because it was blurry. The moment they give you control of Lara it's like a filter is lifted off the lens and it's sharp.

SURGEdude

Just got to the
Geothermal Valley
about how far in am I?

I can't trust the percentage given because I didn't do or plan on doing all the optional stuff until I come back in a few weeks. Wanna knock out the story and return to FO4 and COD before I swing back to it.

Just got to the
Geothermal Valley
about how far in am I?

I can't trust the percentage given because I didn't do or plan on doing all the optional stuff until I come back in a few weeks. Wanna knock out the story and return to FO4 and COD before I swing back to it.

That's the main area of the game. You still have quite a bit left, especially if you do some optional stuff.

When you replay levels does the map not give you a checklist of items to collect? I'm replaying the Syria level cuz I missed a Relic but it's there's no list for me to see.

FrsDvl

This game just keeps getting better I don't want it to end :(

How much more do I have left
Trinity just broke through the glacier, while I was busy bombing gates and killing those big guys

Top Bottom