• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Triad |OT| RocketMinigun not OP

vazel

Banned
Good review. I like his bit about the savegame/platforming frustrations:

"You see, I get angry, but angry is not bored. Angry gets shit done."

And you should totally put the doggie paw back into Dog Mode.
That's one of my new favorite gaming quotes alongside "A game is an interesting series of choices." and "Do you eat shit?".

FYC

Banned
Anyone else having trouble finding servers? I can't find more than a handful, and right now I can only find 4 other players total :\ Also can only find high latency servers, and I'm in Canada. Hmmm...

Good news! The launcher works again, so I can play the game once more.

Bad news! I still get the "graphics card stopped responding and has recovered" thing. Just the once, though.

Worse news! My computer blue screened when I quit. You'd think it'd blue screen sooner, but nope, only when I'd hit "exit" on the main menu. This is the second time it's happened; the first time, I'd chalked it up to my driver situation being FUBAR, but this is post-repair install of my OS, so that should be cleared up. I shouldn't be getting BSoDs, particularly not from quitting a game. I'll have to test again to see if this is reproducible, and then figure out if it's AMD's fault or not.

DaveOshry

Those optimizations did the trick for me, great update.

And that's just the FIRST update!

Good review. I like his bit about the savegame/platforming frustrations:

"You see, I get angry, but angry is not bored. Angry gets shit done."

And you should totally put the doggie paw back into Dog Mode.

Yeah, that ZP was awesome. I can't believe he did one for ROTT. We're super official now.

MEANWHILE: I campaigned to have a paw in our dog mode but the idea was shot down multiple times because it was, "Not a necessary feature we have time to implement, Dave"

ONE STAR.

Maybe we can put it in now as DLC. DogPaw DLC. Only $14.99!

Will any patches be supplied for the GOG version or am i out of luck here?

edit: I'm a moron, i just logged in to GOG and there's been an update to 1.0.2 recently. Sorry, lads.

Atruvius

Any tips for the first boss? I keep getting turned into gibs on phase 2...

Try to stay as far away as you can? Have you taken rocket launchers from the side rooms?

I'm playing the game on easy, I chose normal once I loaded the game it was on easy. Fortunately easy difficulty seems pretty much perfect for me.

John

Havin fun so far. Just a couple things I don't get, a) the directional damage indicator seems way off most of the time, like it's not meant to give you full 360* directional information, and b) the machine gun has infinite ammo, but occasionally goes away. Why is this ?

DaveOshry

We had a live stream today and told everyone what's coming in v1.1 and beyond:

http://www.twitch.tv/interceptorentertainment/c/2816764

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....371895676216092.83927.318582914880702&type=1

Basically:

- Over 50 pages worth of bugfixes, tweaks and optimization
- 5 new MP maps
- Map playlists
- The SDK
- New modes (including a horde mode)
- TRIPLE BARREL SHOTGUN

ya3FZu9.jpg

And it's all freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

scitek

That IGN review devotes one small paragraph to the game's multiplayer and calls it the game's saving grace, then delivers that harsh score. Hasn't the multiplayer pretty much been the focus of this game since it was revealed?

Sinatar

That IGN review devotes one small paragraph to the game's multiplayer and calls it the game's saving grace, then delivers that harsh score. Hasn't the multiplayer pretty much been the focus of this game since it was revealed?

I haven't touched the multiplayer, the campaign is fantastic.

DaveOshry

Yeah but, what about that main menu music?

Did you know you can play the whole soundtrack in the main menu? There's a music player in the bottom right of the screen.

And that IGN review is amazing on so many levels. I'm thinking of having quotes from it tattoo'd on myself.

DaveOshry

Sounds good. Any ETA?

1.1 is next week. Likely with the maps.

The SDK probably a week or so after.

The shotgun sometime mid September.

Only three barrels on that shotgun?

I thought this game was supposed to be ludicrous.

YEAH WELL I WANTED 6 BUT FREDERIK SAID "NO DAVE WE CAN'T FIT SIX BARRELS ON THE SHOTGUN THAT'S SILLY" ............ ONE STAR

Anyway:

By mid October the game is going to have a metric fuckton of content for a $15 shooter and the Steam Workshop will be up and running by then. I'm pretty hype about it.

Also, I'm gonna be at PAX next weekend so if you see me say hi. I'll be the guy in the Triad shirt that looks like me.

Sinatar

Just want to point out that a respectable movie film for theatres, Phantasm 2, had a 4 barreled shotgun.

9594736067_ebd2088c0c_o.jpg

You don't want to get upstaged by a film do you?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Just cleared the first stage, found 4 out of 11 secrets. Are they all that short? Because it's good then.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So, how's the single player?

it's alright in my opinion. I hope they do procedural generation in the next game if there is one.

Was there Quake random level generators? I know there is one for Doom.

Ifrit

it's alright in my opinion. I hope they do procedural generation in the next game if there is one.

Was there Quake random level generators? I know there is one for Doom.

Thanks I guess I'll keep an eye on this game for a good deal, the original was alright

DaveOshry

1.1 is currently scheduled for this Friday (might be Monday). Ton of fixes, changes, optimizations and 5 new MP maps.

Also, the game is 25% off this week at Green Man along with a bunch of other new games.

Use this code: GMG25-R7GA8-XTUCY

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Be sure to hop into Steam chat if you're ever looking to get into MP games. We get em going all the time. Direct IP and all that because we're old school. We also play Doom and Quake because yeah.

Sinatar

I vote for the "1 less then barrel shadow warrior and therefore sucky mc suck gun of suck town".

Or is that too long?

Please let the shotgun blow away the entire mid section of an enemy, leaving the limbs and head floating for a second until they drop. That would be awesome.

My vote is Clusterbuck, its funny to say :)

Top Bottom