• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Triad |OT| RocketMinigun not OP

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Clusterbuck all the way.

Plus if you ever make new weapons and decide to make a bow you can call it the Ludicross Bow.

TnK

Bought the game, and finished it twice in a row. Haven't played the original, but my friend highly recommended it. Loved every second of it. Dave, are to expect any sequel or the extreme RoTT?

DaveOshry

Clusterbuck all the way.

Plus if you ever make new weapons and decide to make a bow you can call it the Ludicross Bow.

LUDICROSSBOW. BRILLIANT.

Bought the game, and finished it twice in a row. Haven't played the original, but my friend highly recommended it. Loved every second of it. Dave, are to expect any sequel or the extreme RoTT?

When the toolkit comes out there are going to be a ton of fun mods in the works. Single player and multiplayer. The rumored expansion pack / shareware might be based on "The Hunt Begins"... if I can convince the guys to follow through with it.

CTLance

I want it to be called the Triangulator. No reference to a videogame or other popular form of entertainment, I'm afraid.

Whatever.

"Doomstick" is good too.

It works on two levels, if one fudges the first letter of the name a bit.
ttsfoSi.jpg

Klaatu Verata N*cough**cough**cough*

DaveOshry

Doomstick is out to a very decisive lead so far. I'm cool with it because it's both a Doom reference AND a Duke reference since many of Duke's iconic one liners came from Army of Darkness.

Shop smart. Shop s-mart.

pa22word

So...is this game's performance up to par yet? Last time I played it the game wasn't really stable enough for me to keep playing. The framerate was jumping all over the place, in the upper teens to the 60 I locked it at, but never consistent. I'm hoping this will be patched up before Shadow Warrior releases and eats up all my time.

DaveOshry

So...is this game's performance up to par yet? Last time I played it the game wasn't really stable enough for me to keep playing. The framerate was jumping all over the place, in the upper teens to the 60 I locked it at, but never consistent. I'm hoping this will be patched up before Shadow Warrior releases and eats up all my time.

v1.1 will hopfully be out on Monday. Should fix any remaining problems people have been having. Including optimization. We've done mountains of work in the last few weeks. Also, for those of you who missed the image since we're on a new page now:

5WgOD32.jpg

Atruvius

So no patch today either. :(

A betatester just wrote a post on the Steam forums saying that patch will be slightly delayed because some additional bugs have cropped up which need to be fixed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I sincerely hope that that wasn't video editing and that you actually listen to Bonnie Tyler whilst deathmatching.

DaveOshry

Fc9SKps.jpg

http://youtu.be/1VDa7_vIPyo

*INSERT PR JARGON BELOW*

The wait is over! Patch 1.1 + our first DLC is now available on Steam!

*The GOG Patch will be available on Monday*

This is our first big content patch, which includes hundreds of fixes, tweaks, optimizations and features requested during the first month since release. We are extremely happy about the feedback we have gotten from you guys and we couldn't have done it without you.

We spent the last month collecting every single bug, tweak and suggestion you guys posted on forums, blogs, and websites, in order to create one MEGA patch.

On top of all that, we have also been working on FIVE brand new multiplayer maps and a map playlist tool, which are also included in patch 1.1 - absolutely free of course.

Watch the brand new trailer, and check out the new screenshots and changelog on our official Forum! http://www.interceptor-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=3230&p=20066

I'm going to see Iron Maiden and Megadeth today but I'll be back to play with everyone tomorrow and Sunday. GET SOME.

CTLance

ISu0kLN.jpg

Om nom nom nom. Thanks a lot, Dave!

"Free DLC" doesn't sit quite right with me though. This is... a free expansion? An oldschool patch? A free map pack? Can't find the right word for it.

Also, you sent me to gog in my excitement. You bastich. Now I'm down 10 bucks I kinda need tomorrow and the patch isn't there yet so I can't play it and everything is horrible and it's your fault and gog why hast thou forsaken me...

(By the way, just to let you know, the video at http://youtu.be/UyqpRmCJmgs is blocked yet again in Germany. Whatever. Awesome video.)

DrTeflon

http://youtu.be/1VDa7_vIPyo

*INSERT PR JARGON BELOW*

The wait is over! Patch 1.1 + our first DLC is now available on Steam!

*The GOG Patch will be available on Monday*

This is our first big content patch, which includes hundreds of fixes, tweaks, optimizations and features requested during the first month since release. We are extremely happy about the feedback we have gotten from you guys and we couldn't have done it without you.

We spent the last month collecting every single bug, tweak and suggestion you guys posted on forums, blogs, and websites, in order to create one MEGA patch.

On top of all that, we have also been working on FIVE brand new multiplayer maps and a map playlist tool, which are also included in patch 1.1 - absolutely free of course.

Watch the brand new trailer, and check out the new screenshots and changelog on our official Forum! http://www.interceptor-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=3230&p=20066

I'm going to see Iron Maiden and Megadeth today but I'll be back to play with everyone tomorrow and Sunday. GET SOME.

Whoa, this patch really helped my perfomance issues. Now i'm getting 120fps on Ludicrous. Aw yeee

Atruvius

Patch 1.1.1 is now online!

Changelog:

* Login now supports more characters
* Ability to disable TTS (Text to Speech) in Multiplayer
* New Menu Credits with Beta Testers added
* New Ending Credits with Beta Testers added
* Paths Rebuilt in "You Mist"

(Note - This Hotfix is rather large, as it includes both Credit movies in new versions, including all the names of the Beta Testers who participated in testing 1.1)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217140/discussions/0/846964364043217097/

CTLance

It's been Monday for more than four hours now and the GOG update is still nowhere to be seen! The humanity!

Jokes aside, that's hella neat of them to add the beta testers to the credit roll.

The resulting bloated hotfix size is a bitch of course, but then again, broadbaaaand.
Still, would probably be a nice gesture to release a video-free update for those that want the bug fixes but can't download the huge file anytime soon (bandwidth quotas, slow-ish internet, torrenting flatmates, etc).

Also, as an aside, TTS in multiplayer is such an interesting idea...

CTLance

Indeed it is. Or, was. Somehow it vanished again for me, but installing the fully updated full release over the old location worked just as well (and AFAICS wasted only a gig or so of bandwidth). All is well that ends well. :)

Crusader

Banned
Just beat this game today. Great work. I like it more than the original version, to be honest (no baddies that take forever to die and no final boss with an opaque puzzle trick that nothing hints at at all). Can't wait for quicksaves in a future patch, so I can explore all the levels without risking playing huge swaths of them over and over again.

Also, Thi Barrett is my waifu.

DaveOshry

Just beat this game today. Great work. I like it more than the original version, to be honest (no baddies that take forever to die and no final boss with an opaque puzzle trick that nothing hints at at all). Can't wait for quicksaves in a future patch, so I can explore all the levels without risking playing huge swaths of them over and over again.

Also, Thi Barrett is my waifu.

Glad you rike it!

Quicksaves are coming! We're testing them now you filthy casuals!

So is the LDK. Check out Quake 1 DM 6 being tested as we speak! http://youtu.be/gB-sXWQTAbM

And we'll be livestreaming the creation of the shotgun this week. Stay tuned.

doomstickVSclusterbuck.jpg

Also, Thi is not your Waifu, she is my ex-waifu.

frogg609

I keep feeling nauseau if I play this for longer than 20 minutes at a time.

I tried increasing my FOV to 100, but it didn't help. Anyone else having this problem? Should I turn my FOV up more?

Atruvius

I keep feeling nauseau if I play this for longer than 20 minutes at a time.

I tried increasing my FOV to 100, but it didn't help. Anyone else having this problem? Should I turn my FOV up more?

Maybe it's the speed and not the fov. What character are you using? If you're now using the slowest characters then perhaps switch to those.

And it's awesome that quick saves are coming. I don't know any other dev this good with community feedback and implementing this kind of stuff after release. Makes me feel good I bought the game just because I'm supporting the devs, a feel good buy.

G-Fex

Ok I tried ROTT for the first time since the patch and it works great.

You did a bang up job and it runs a-ok!

FYC

Banned
I'm having a technical issue with the original Rise of the Triad(running from The Apogee Throwback pack).

It crashed while I was playing, and upon relaunching DOSBOX apparently couldn't load the sound effects. It took me to an ingame menu where I had to choose a source for my sound(Soundblaster, PC Speakers, etc) but I accidently closed that before I could do anything. Now I have no sound effects, and I can't figure out how to get to the menu that lets me choose the source for audio again.

CTLance

Good old sound setup. I'd say, reinstall. Hassle-free, resets to the correct config.

Or, find the sndsetup.exe program in the installation dir, then figure out how dosbox is configured.

I think you can also start rott.exe with the parameter sndsetup, but that just loads sndsetup.exe IIRC.

FYC

Banned
Good old sound setup. I'd say, reinstall. Hassle-free, resets to the correct config.

Or, find the sndsetup.exe program in the installation dir, then figure out how dosbox is configured.

I think you can also start rott.exe with the parameter sndsetup, but that just loads sndsetup.exe IIRC.

Yeah I tried messing with that, but a few problems came up. Anyways, I reinstalled and that did the trick. I was afraid because I thought I might lose my saves, but they're still there! YAY!

Thank ya very much.

DaveOshry

Maybe it's the speed and not the fov. What character are you using? If you're now using the slowest characters then perhaps switch to those.

And it's awesome that quick saves are coming. I don't know any other dev this good with community feedback and implementing this kind of stuff after release. Makes me feel good I bought the game just because I'm supporting the devs, a feel good buy.

Yeah, I love Interceptor. You guys rule.

Aww, we love you too. <3

More updates and features coming, so keep the feedback coming!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I really want to play this, but every time I turn around there's a patch adding something that I want so I wait.

frogg609

I'm playing as Cassatt from who I can tell is middle of the road in terms of speed. (Got it from: http://www.interceptor-entertainment.com/rottroster/)

I'm trudging through it anyway, as I really love the game. Debating on picking up some Dramamine to finish it though. Should I try increasing my FOV to 120? Would that possibly help?

FYC

Banned
Hmm, still can't find more than 3 or 4 servers, and they're usually empty.

Must be something on my end. Guess I'm gonna keep fucking around.

Atruvius

I'm playing as Cassatt from who I can tell is middle of the road in terms of speed. (Got it from: http://www.interceptor-entertainment.com/rottroster/)

I'm trudging through it anyway, as I really love the game. Debating on picking up some Dramamine to finish it though. Should I try increasing my FOV to 120? Would that possibly help?

I'd back up the saves and try a slower character like Doug Wenot if I were you. And then try a larger FOV, though 120 degrees probably has pretty bad distortion.

frogg609

I'd back up the saves and try a slower character like Doug Wenot if I were you. And then try a larger FOV, though 120 degrees probably has pretty bad distortion.

May look into trying this. It would just suck to start over as I'm almost done Episode 3. :p

Top Bottom