• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Triad |OT| RocketMinigun not OP

I mean, I'd make it midnight eastern if the game was actually being released at midnight eastern. But it's not. Blame Interceptor, they caused this.

vazel

Banned
So not only is this NOT going to unlock at midnight but it's going to unlock at noon and NOT at 10am when Steam normally updates. WHY???

I'm a bit confused, embargo is up tomorrow at 9 am, but I see people streaming it on twitch. I'd love to stream it but can't get an official "ok" which is a bit annoying.

$h@d0w

GMG has the game for 12€ and they also give you 3€ GMG credit for buying it effectively making it a 9€ purchase.

Pretty sure they do the same with funny american money too.

Preloading now, it was $14.99 and they throw in $4 credit and the throwback pack.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Realized I didn't want to be a loser, so I preordered. I dunno. Does it count as preordering so soon before the release date?

Well, whatever. Should be fun to do some post-bar exam murdering on Thursday. And play this game.

Zeliard

GMG apparently doesn't want my money :(

It's such a hit-and-miss experience trying to get a purchase to go through with them, even with the same cards from the same banks.

jambo

GMG apparently doesn't want my money :(

It's such a hit-and-miss experience trying to get a purchase to go through with them, even with the same cards from the same banks.

I've had heaps of issues with GMG not liking my card. I normally just get someone else to do it and then paypal them.

finley83

Banned
Can't wait to get back from work and... start a 6gb download.

Then it's time for LUDICROUS GIBS

WxeAe9i.gif

Also I love the idea that someone would have these scattered all over their secret castle. If this game does well Interceptor need to buy one of those things and having it whirring around in the middle of the office.

Chavelo

The four man fellowship to get a Rise of the Triad 4-pack on Steam is underway! Right now I got two spots open. :D

1. Chavelo
2. mrgone
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

Send me a PM or add me thru steam (ID: Chavelo) if you want in. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MP games were fun tonight, lol. Definitely needed some MP matches after pulling my hair out on the last level of this game...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
At least I don't feel so guilty about going to work today since the game doesn't unlock until tonight. Roll on this evening!

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if adding -dopefish to the command line still unlocks some silly easter egg as in the original... guess I'm gonna try that in 11 hours and 20 minutes.

Preloaded and ready to go. Been awhile since I was really into twitch shooters. Probably not since UT. Couldn't pass up on a new ROTT, though. One of my favorites from the old 90's FPS craze.

Preloaded and ready to go. Been awhile since I was really into twitch shooters. Probably not since UT. Couldn't pass up on a new ROTT, though. One of my favorites from the old 90's FPS craze.

i still play UT99 from time to time. Instagib server Deck16][ 24/7 for lyfe! :D

Chavelo

Don't want to post too much for this, but I'll be heading to bed soon. I should be up in about 5 to 6 hours, tho. I'll respond once I wake up if you're interested!

The four man fellowship to get a Rise of the Triad 4-pack on Steam is underway! Right now I got two spots open. :D

1. Chavelo
2. mrgone
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

Send me a PM or add me thru steam (ID: Chavelo) if you want in. :D

Storm360

What?
If so, why is it out LATER than the usual release time on Steam?
Ya dun goofed, Apogee. :\

From what I heard they just left it up to the stores to unlock, since gog is based in poland, it unlocks early

Steam unlocks 8pm GMT here though sadly

Refyref

From what I heard they just left it up to the stores to unlock, since gog is based in poland, it unlocks early

Steam unlocks 8pm GMT here though sadly

That's the thing, Steam usually unlocks games at 5PM GMT, and for some reason this game unlocks at 8PM GMT.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I can see the reviews now:

"Shooters changed for a reason..."
"Frustrating level design, I never knew where to go next"
"Imagine my surprise when I hid behind a rock and my health didn't regenerate, this game was aggravating"

This game is going to get mauled by most of the press.

Top Bottom