• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Somnia

So the casks were a sign their business wasn't doing well and they were buying their own product? Or am I way off lol

JSevere

shieeet... Clifford really killed his own son for not wanting to get into the family drug business? and then committed suicide when he was found out. goddamn.

that season finale preview though... "Something wicked this way comes." they're really
bringing in Sabrina aren't they

Despite what the preview says, I'm going to assume the next episode is going to be very low key in comparison, a bunch of tying up loose ends and setting up threads for next season.

I'd be livid if it hadn't been renewed.

This show has felt like a really good AMC show (not a knock against CW or anything), and that's usually how they wrap their seasons up, make an insane penultimate episode, and do a less crazy episode, but do enough to keep fans excited for next season.

Jhoan

Well at least
Hiram is coming back
next episode. It does seem to be more of an epilogue and setting up for Season 2.

I didn't put two and two together with the casks until the reveal. The most prestigious family became the most disgraced one in the end. Rewatching all the episodes retroactively makes everything click into place.

cj_iwakura

So I figure F.P had planned on blackmailing Clifford, Clifford showed up to 'pay'... only to put a bullet in Jason's head, and left F.P. to clean up the mess.

Sheesh, poor F.P.

Hope you all enjoyed our penultimate episode!

West Coast, you're next!

I expect next week's to top it.

Man, that episode was a ride. Probably my favorite of the season. I really thought it was Betty's dad, but it ended up being Clifford. Someone from the Blossom family was my second guess though. I feel bad for FP and Jughead; that family just can't seem to catch a break. I'm also excited to see Hiram Lodge whenever he comes back to town.

Can't wait for the finale next week! The wait for season 2 will feel long for sure though :/

VeeP

Wow. Great episode. Seriously. I hope the folks who write for Flash are watching, THAT'S how you do a reveal. Not that Savitar bullshit. Promo for next week looks great as well. Shame the season is just about over.

So... this means Jughead gets to slap Cheryl now, right?

Naw. Double standards in our society prevent equal treatment of men and women.

Not

Banned
shieeet... Clifford really killed his own son for not wanting to get into the family drug business? and then committed suicide when he was found out. goddamn.

But did Archie trip and fall on a floor that Svenson just mopped after getting detention again from passing a love note to Veronica in Flutesnoot's chemistry class?

Dahbomb

Incest, drugs, murder, extortion, bribery, framing, perjury, tampering of evidence, contingency plans....

IT'S ALL HAPPENING NOW FOLKS!

Though I wish the twist of who killed Jason was more wild. Felt that the killer was too obvious and one dimensional when it comes to being evil.

ZeroX03

Banned
We finally got incest! And the killer, I guess.

Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter Trailer
EW: Jason Blossom's killer revealed!
“When I went in to pitch the season to Warner Bros. and CW, Greg [Berlanti] was like, ‘Roberto, you can’t go into that room without knowing who killed Jason Blossom or they’re going to lose their minds,'” executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa tells EW. “So when I went in, I had three likely suspects — F.P., Hiram Lodge and Clifford Blossom. Then, as the season progressed, Hal Cooper started becoming a possible suspect, but then in the end, if the idea of the show is that it’s a subversive, darker take on these sunny, wholesome characters, we started thinking, ‘What would be the darkest thing that could happen, the most taboo, most transgressive thing that could happen? That would be that a parent would shoot or kill a child.’ Probably halfway through the season, we narrowed our top three down to one, which was Clifford.”

I assume they mean when they were breaking the season they weren't sure who the killer was, not when they were actually shooting it? Cole could maybe clarify.

The only way this could have been better would be Alice pulling a gun when they came to get Polly from the Blossoms.

"Get back ! It's got silver bullets !"

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This show is fun but I'll be kinda disappointed if it doesn't take a batshit insane turn into the supernatural

giphy.gif

Top Bottom