• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

kiguel182

Their reactions seemed to indicate something bigger than what it was but I guess a dad killing his son is pretty damn terrible.

It was a good ass episode. It has a really nice build up to the end and some cool twists and turns.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
For a moment when I saw her reaction I thought the murderer was her and she had another disassociative episode

So did I! I'm sure Dark Betty will fuck something up in Season 2 though.

Betty was actually the MVP of this episode. Her reaction was great, she Nancy Drew-ed the crap out of the mystery, tried to save Cheryl, and have great facial expressions when she found out she was a Blossom.

Gin-Shiio

Their reactions seemed to indicate something bigger than what it was but I guess a dad killing his son is pretty damn terrible.

I think their reactions can be attributed to their own families' involvement in the crime. Victoria felt relief as she thought her dad was the culprit, Jug felt relief as it was proof his father was not the murderer, etc.
Great episode with non-stop reveals. The identity of the murderer didn't rock my boots, but it made sense, and I can appreciate that. Stocked for next week's episode.

Axiom

I've loved Archie characters my whole life, and so does my mum - so we get together and binge watch two episodes at a time. She doesn't follow 'new' Archie so I had to sell her on the first episode but she got hooked right away.

Twin Peaks starring Archie characters is like my dream show, I was hyped from the announcement.

But one other thing my mum loved was the Flowers in the Attic series, so when they started doing the rich family incest and murder shit (hell, Polly got drugged by food from her family even) it turned out they also made the show for her.

Bra-fucking-vo!
It's just a shame that I can't imagine the show will keep moving at this pace next season, but I have faith in these writers. I've liked every episode except the Sticky Maple one, and even that gave us Dark Betty.

That was fantastic.

I actually couldn't watch it until now but a few hours ago I accidentally opened this thread and starting scrolling without realising what I was doing. I only saw 'Betty is the main character', thank god.

That was fantastic.

I actually couldn't watch it until now but a few hours ago I accidentally opened this thread and starting scrolling without realising what I was doing. I only saw 'Betty is the main character', thank god.

I'd been avoiding this thread until now too as I only just got round to watching it. What a great episode. Loved the gradual buildup of tension. The scene where the main characters watched the murder unfold and we're left guessing was really well done.

Something that doesn't get praised enough is the music in this show, from the performances of the cast to the other tracks they pick, it's been awesome.

The song from the end of the episode when the police show up to the Blossom residence (You Can Run by Adam Jones) is so great. Really helped nail that scene.

Briarios

Riverdale has been a great ride this year ... I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the finale. I will say, that when they said in the preview "something wicked this way comes" -- I was really hoping it was a harbinger to Sabrina and a supernatural element lol

Then again, thinking of Ray Bradbury's use, I wouldn't mind a dark carnival visiting Riverdale ... that would be pretty fascinating, tempting all the inhabitants.

But, even if there is no Sabrina or supernatural, I'm still in for next season.

I didn't have a real guess on who did it but Clifford makes sense

Also what the hell, man

Just took the ring, and then shot his son point blank in the damn head, no words at all. That's fucked up lol.

I bet he was glad FP called him to try and ransom Jason, made it easy for him

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Riverdale has been a great ride this year ... I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the finale. I will say, that when they said in the preview "something wicked this way comes" -- I was really hoping it was a harbinger to Sabrina and a supernatural element lol

Then again, thinking of Ray Bradbury's use, I wouldn't mind a dark carnival visiting Riverdale ... that would be pretty fascinating, tempting all the inhabitants.

But, even if there is no Sabrina or supernatural, I'm still in for next season.

I've wanted a Sabrina reveal since day one, to be honest. I'm still holding out hope!

ZeroX03

Banned
Early rumors said Sabrina would show up in the finale. Still hoping here too.

To be fair, those rumors came from a well and truly debunked source, and came out months before they even shot the finale.

That wicked line though...

Is Dark Betty actually a possession by Sabrina!?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
18381830_472702669728593_8212786555891220480_n.jpg

FINALLY

To be fair, those rumors came from a well and truly debunked source, and came out months before they even shot the finale.

That wicked line though...

Is Dark Betty actually a possession by Sabrina!?
I reeeally hope they at least hint at something supernatural.

Pachimari

Nah, that wasn't much of an issue. Jason had qualms continuing his father's drug business however, something he couldn't forgive.
Aahh yah, that makes more sense.

I really liked this episodes and absolutely loves the show. Can't wait for next week's finale. Cheryl is growing on me too, Betty is the best, man all of them are just so huggable and lovely.

doop_

Banned
I don't think we are getting any supernatural stuff in this show, i feel like it would stray too far away from the show's "realistic" tone. I mean, i would love to see Sabrina but i don't see how she could be introduced without the magic stuff.

I am also betting Polly turns out to be doing some shady shit or she dies.

As a British person I would like a plotline in Season 2 where Polly changes her name by deed poll to Paulie as that is all I hear whenever someone says her name.

I don't think we are getting any supernatural stuff in this show, i feel like it would stray too far away from the show's "realistic" tone. I mean, i would love to see Sabrina but i don't see how she could be introduced without the magic stuff.

It's CW. It has to have it at this point

Gin-Shiio

I just looked up who this Sabrina is that you guys have been talking about since day 1, and it is seriously Sabrina the teenage witch?

Woah.

Pachimari

I just looked up who this Sabrina is that you guys have been talking about since day 1, and it is seriously Sabrina the teenage witch?

Woah.
Yeah I learned about this in this thread at the start of the season and was completely caught off guard. Really surprised me too, so now I wanna see Sabrina in this show.

Not

Banned

Woah.

Archie Comics has their toe in everything

Like the answer to "Who was the 1st patriotic superhero in comics" may surprise you

anaron

Lol, Sabrina is definitely coming in some way. Sacasa loves her.

Also Alice Cooper is the MVP of the entire show. Madchen is hilarious and masters the camp and dramatic perfectly.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is that good, y'all. Pick it up if you haven't already. Afterlife with Archie is great too.

I mean, if we were just talking about Sabrina the Teenage Witch from the 90s *shrug* That's cute, but I don't think it would fit the tone at all. Chilling Adventures Sabrina though? Totally​ fits. Especially if they just hint at the supernatural in Riverdale and then go full hog on her spin-off

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'll miss OG Reggie...

C_aWKf-U0AAIYOD.jpg:large

The boys with their fictional dads, feat. Cole's blonde roots:

C_VbROBXYAU84s_.jpg:large

C_VbRNyWsAAPMhX.jpg:large

C_VbRNvXYAA6vWF.jpg:large

Hotness:

C_VZi9uXkAU-8Ep.jpg:large

C_VZi9wXoAAM-A-.jpg:large

Tuck

Today I learned that Sabrina the teenage witch started as part of the archie comics. Wow.

Definitely agree though, I do not at all want them to go the supernatual route - that may very well kill my enjoyment for the show. They have built up quite a bit of trust though - everything so far has been great.

cj_iwakura

Today I learned that Sabrina the teenage witch started as part of the archie comics. Wow.

Definitely agree though, I do not at all want them to go the supernatual route - that may very well kill my enjoyment for the show. They have built up quite a bit of trust though - everything so far has been great.

I don't think we're going to go full psycho occult, she'll probably dabble in mysticism just enough to freak people out, but not enough that people can be sure she's legit.

Top Bottom