• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Road Runner’s Death Valley Rally appreciation thread

SantaC

Road Runner’s Death Valley Rally by sunsoft was a game that didn't get great reviews, still I bought it because I loved the cartoon. To my surprise it was a fun game, and the speed of it made it feel somewhat close to sonic.

The game was tough as hell though, and I think I never completed it.

Good times! Those who haven't tested it should do so.

roadrunner.JPG

rr.jpg
rr2.jpg

God I loved all those 16 bit platformers that starred Loony Tunes characters. Especially for the Genesis but this one was pretty tight. Was there a Genny version, or was it just another game as it was usually the case?

Spike

One of my faves!

This was one of the better games available on the SNES. Tough as nails, for sure. I eventually did finish the games, but it was very hard.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Never played it, but I did have the very, very similar version for the Game Gear. I never finished it, but I played it a ton as it was just plain fun. Zooming through levels avoiding Wile and his latest crazy contraptions was awesome. Looney Tunes kick ass.

mosaic

go eat paint
Loved it too. I managed to beat it after something like 3 weeks of dedicated playing, and then I never played it again. Burn... out.

Pachinko

I liked the NES road runner game, I beat it once, although beating it just meant you played through it again....

Thaedolus

Man, I remember playing this game every day when I was in third grade or something. Every morning I would get a little farther, and one time I got into completely uncharted territory (on a train or something) and begged my dad to let me stay home from school and try to finish it. He let me, and I died about 10 minutes later :p

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Man. This is one of those games I always looks at but passed up every time I browsed the SNES section in Blockbuster. Just looking at the box brings back good old memories....

I rented it once, years ago. It was pretty fun, but it was tough. I got to what might have been the final boss, a giant mechanical Wile E. head.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
demon said:
Man. This is one of those games I always looks at but passed up every time I browsed the SNES section in Blockbuster. Just looking at the box brings back good old memories....

I know exactly what you mean. It was the game that was ALWAYS available and had like four boxes behind it like no ever touched it.

Bog

Junior Ace
I got it the day it came out and have played it at least 2 hours a week since then.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hehe, I rented that when I was a kid. Damn, that game was fun...but hard as hell. I never did beat it. :lol

DCX

DCX
I had it for SNES and yes it was a great game! I loved it. Man i miss 2D platformers...i still wish to play games like Astal, Rayman, Gex, Mickey Mouse, Mario etc in high res, insanely animated, great music, nice effects....RIP 2D Platformers.

Nostalgia +1
Reality Setting in -1

DCX

Got it the day it came out, loved it, and then sold it and about 100 other great games for something like $1.50 apiece to raise money for a Metallica box set when I was 14.

The box set was cool at the time I guess, but I'm still trying to replace all those awesome old games. :(

snapty00

Banned
rr.jpg
rr2.jpg

Wow, that actually looks like the cartoon. Usually, they'd totally redraw the character cels when they were turned into sprites for games, but that's actually really, really close to the cartoon.

I had the NES version, where you played at Road Runner trying to constantly get away from Wile E. Coyote. It seems like you had to keep eating seed to gain speed, or you'd slow down so much that you'd die.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
mosaic said:
Loved it too. I managed to beat it after something like 3 weeks of dedicated playing, and then I never played it again. Burn... out.
Yup. Same thing happened to me too. Bloody hard yet satisfying game.

Sysgen said:
My favorite Sunsoft game.

Blaster_Master_boxfront.jpg

Blaster_Master_boxback.jpg

Thats not Batman ;)

Top Bottom